MarkKO's Training Log

Consider yourself lucky! If I get an upset stomach during my training and something slips out it usually smells pretty awful…like some sort of compost heap with rotting broccoli and eggs.

2 Likes

I never said they don’t smell. I just don’t smell them. Big difference :joy:

7 Likes

When Mrs KO cooks, I know I won’t be short of carbs

9 Likes

Nice pic, that’s what I like about training.
When you train hard, you earned the right to eat hard.
Maybe that’s why we all lift.

4 Likes

Woke at 222 lbs, bloat gone. Also feeling much less shit than the last two days - of which, BTW, u spent much of the time asleep because my body pretty much forced me to.

3 Likes

Today’s training

Pull-ups and hand release push-ups (8/8) - hand release push-ups really work if I lock my scaps back and down and spread the bar. Pull-ups coming along.

Bench press
5xbar
3xplate
3x3x165 lbs
5x165 lbs
2x1x165 lbs paused

Work sets with 10 second rests. Leg drive felt snappy. The short rests didn’t gas me much either

CGBP
2x4x165 lbs

Bench to a 1-board
6x165 lbs

Skull crushers
10x77 lbs - misload, 22 lbs too light
10x100 lbs - too heavy, thought I could move to this but apparently not
10x88 lbs - just right

Inverted rows
4x6

Front plate raises
50 total reps with 33 lbs - 25, 25

Done in 50 minutes

8 Likes

Fast and furious nice

2 Likes

Lmao !!!

1 Like

Woke at 221.5 lbs, looking normal. Bloat gone. Slept well too, which is awesome.

5 Likes

Woke at 220.4 lbs, looking the same. Probably slightly dehydrated because I didn’t drink as much as usual yesterday.

2 Likes

And you just persuaded me to go to the gym after feeling like shit all day

Edit: went better than I thought it would go

4 Likes

Today’s training, aka fatigue made me its bitch

45 degree back raises, GHR sit-ups and box jumps - everything felt off

DL, stiff bar
3xplate
3x2 plates
2x3 plates
1x363 lbs, belt on
4x2x423 lbs
7x423 lbs - just lost it, everything felt disjointed. Weight felt light, but didn’t feel like it was moving right which is why I stopped

Deficit DL off 2.5 inch block
3x3x357 lbs - no idea why but these felt way better. Also seriously fucking light

45 degree back raises
50 total reps: 30, 20

DB rows
2x15x115 lbs - about the only thing today that felt decent, apart from the deficit pulls

7 Likes

Dem triceps

1 Like

Woke at 222.6 lbs, looking much the same. Hanging for deload. The fatigue has just hit me this week. Then one more accumulation cycle, a deload and finally peak.

3 Likes

Today’s training

Less shit than yesterday, because accessory day doesn’t actually require much by way of engagement

GHR sit-ups, belt squat

Front squat
Worked up to 8x286 lbs - no pop in my middle back, which is a bonus, but could feel the strain from last time

Air squats
5x12

Walking lunges
3x10 m/36 ft with 55 lbs DBs

BB rows
6x220 lbs
6x231 lbs
6x242 lbs
6x253 lbs

This was pretty cool, I only kept going up because it felt like I could maintain control

Pull-ups
8 medium overhand
6 wide overhand

GHR
4x10 at bodyweight because I’m allowed to sub these out for hamstring curls

Plank
4x30 seconds

All up an hour and a half including a bunch of chatting with my buddy Mike

9 Likes

This eventually uploaded. Yeah, I know. It’s assistance work, so it doesn’t matter. Except, they’re coming up pretty nicely.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiEYLqkhpYx/

5 Likes

So I tried front squats yesterday for the first time, and yeah, that shit ain’t happening. In a warmup set with 95 pounds, all of the weight was on my wrists and there’s no way I can get it back onto the head of my delts. Is this a mobility issue or a hangover from low bar squatting, or both?

3 Likes

Straps, cross grip or Frankenstein. Any one will work just fine.

Not a hangup from low bar I wouldn’t think, just shitty wrist and shoulder mobility like most of us who aren’t weightlifters.

I go cross grip now, and just jam the bar into my throat.

@The_Myth try this: set the bar at your low bar height in the rack. Wiggle under it, and get one side jammed onto one shoulder. Then do the other shoulder. Then cross your arms over each other and push your upper arms up.

Thanks!!

I think I’m just going to have to work on it. Because I low bar squat, I tend to get my nipples to the floor (fucking Rippetoe) and that is my pattern, even with the bar in front. I need to learn to sit back more with a more upright spine.

I’ll figure it out.

A little sore from that weak little DL session yesterday, it feels good.

I think the yoga has helped with the DL. I feel better able to get set and push rather than pull, and that seems to keep my spine more neutral.

Patience grasshopper, patience.

2 Likes