MarkKO's Training Log

That’s exactly what I do. I think the curl wouldn’t be great, because it’d be hard to set your shoulders.

Yer didn’t really think of that lol

While we’re on the topic of dumbell pressing, how do you guys put them down after? Particularly when you’re flat pressing. I don’t really want to just drop them but letting them down gently is basically an eccentric of a curl.

Just the reverse of loading. Bring them to the center of my chest, crunch so the bottoms hit my thighs and “rock” into a sit up, from there either to standing, or lower them kindly one at a time from my thighs. #ThickThighsSaveLives

1 Like

Ah thanks I’ve been doing that sometimes but I didn’t know if there was an easier way haha.

Just drop em

9 Likes

Woke looking decent, fuller than yesterday but not more bloated. Scale is acting up: issues turning it on, and when I did get it to turn on and get a reading it wouldn’t reset.

The reading was 224.8 lbs, which is plausible since I did eat a bunch yesterday - but no more than the last almost two weeks now. It was salty, though, so that could be it.

I’ll see what I can get out of the scale later.

4 Likes

Ok, scale update: post breakfast and fully dressed, and also post emptying reading was 228.1 lbs, with a reset.

Breakfast weighs around 3 lbs including liquids. Clothes weigh around 4-5 lbs.

Seems like on waking I was around the 220 lbs mark.

4 Likes

Lmao so many dudes do this all dramatically hahha plz no

3 Likes

Woke at 220.7 lbs, back to how I was looking a couple of days ago. Feeling like absolute dogshit in terms of how tired I am. Came out of nowhere last evening. Glad I’ve only got this week before deloading.

1 Like

Bro, you’re slacking. You got me all jacked up with that 224 yesterday, lol.

Were you sad?

What is your weight goal?

1 Like

@The_Myth I want between 242 and 264 lbs, but 224 overnight from 220 is too fast. If I can hold at 220 for the next couple of weeks and then move up to 221 lbs I’ll be happy.

Your patience is a model to be emulated.

I always gain or lose way too fast.

What’s your preferred rate of gain? Pound a month?

If you get to 264, will you compete at HW? Is there a classification above the 100 KG?

1 Like

You are you kind @The_Myth

Probably a pound a week at most for me, maybe a pound a fortnight. Right now I’m going by mirror more than anything, so as long as I look around the same body comp and scale eventually goes up and stays up I’m happy. I think it took a month for me to move from mid 218s to 220 lbs, although that’s a guess without looking at my entries. It maybe have been shorter.

I could probably get to 242 lbs in about a month if I didn’t care about almost all of it being fat. But I’m picky, and want muscle.

If I get to 264 - well, when I do - I’ll probably compete at 275 lbs, which I think is considered light heavyweight in powerlifting circles. Then you’ve got 308 lbs, then SHW. I think the IPF is different going something like 231 lbs, then 264 lbs, then SHW but fuck the IPF so it really doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

I think guided dropping is proper gym etiquette. If it’s not your top sets then you can probably return them back to your knees and rewind the set up so to speak.

3 Likes

I find it quite difficult to bring DB’s to my chest, crunch/sit up, and bring them to my knees. I just do a guided/controlled drop out to the sides.

Woke at 222.6 lbs, looking decent but with some lower ab bloating. I wasn’t up for long yesterday (relatively) but ate normally, so I’m putting it down to simple volume of food over time. Feeling less awful than yesterday too.

2 Likes

Less awful does not mean good. Holy hell.

Today’s training

Belt squats, GHR sit-ups, lateral jumps and broad jumps

This gave me a pounding headache. Fucking yay. Sleeves were pissing me off, kept falling so fucked them off.

Squat, mono
5xbar
5xplate/143 lbs
3x2 plates/231 lbs
2x3 plates/319 lbs, open belt
4x1x368 lbs - moved like fucking butter
2x368 lbs
10x368 lbs - moved well enough but sandbagged my bracing

Front squat
3x6x253 lbs

Way off pace, took an hour to here and I can’t figure out why because I wasn’t pissing about. Headache pretty much gone though.

DB goblet squats
3x12x110 lbs - time to up the weight

Brace and hold (with bar this time)
4x5x5 seconds - kept farting, which was distracting. Especially when it’s one long drawn out one lasting the whole rep

DB rows
3x10x125 lbs

All up an hour and 4p minutes. Foam rolled my upper and middle back when I got home.

8 Likes

Very nice!

It sucks when this happens, but probably moreso for you since you train in a public gym!

I have a terrible sense of smell so it really isn’t any issue for me. Just takes the focus off the exercise.

The weight felt good. My bracing was shit but that didn’t ruin things. Just need to not do that again.

1 Like