MarkKO's Training Log

Decided to try the tube of men’s Veet I bought a couple of weeks ago. I remember @planetcybertron and @Frank_C mentioning it, and I was sceptical. I’d probably need two full tubes and to really push the boundaries of how long I leave it on. Finished with hand razors (Mrs KO did the back of me).

I’ll put up photos tomorrow morning.

4 Likes

Gonna see the sleek Mark!!

2 Likes

None. Watch NRL :joy:

5 Likes

Caveat: any team except Roosters. Manly is borderline too.

1 Like

Explain the difference, aside from the AFL definitely being the wrong choice?

Does the nrl keep out that weird dribble rule?

@MarkKO I can’t stand the Sharks. Bunch of grubs. They got rid of Maloney which sucks coz I wanted them to keep all the grubs in one team! Haha

Yeah no dribbling in NRL.

Its tough to write out all the differences coz they are really different sports. Are you familiar with Rugby Union?

2 Likes

If you removed all that body hair you will be 3kg lighter tomorrow !!!

1 Like

As well as an American is normally: vaguely.

From a Google search the nrl doesn’t allow punting for passes, but let’s you pass normally (instead of punting foreward or physically handing it to someone ) as long as the ball doesn’t go far. Also has off sides like in soccer, and seems to have a strict offense/defense (same as the off sides part, though I don’t know the specifics on it). Less players on the field, and limited time to hold the ball.

At least on the field

Whoops, forgot them @Irishman92

1 Like

Yeah pretty much all that. You can’t throw or drop the footy ‘forward’ (as in towards your own goal line). You can only tackle the ball carrier and can’t tackle their head or pick people up and dump them on their head. You get 5 tackles to try to get close to the goal line otherwise you than have to kick it to the opposition or hand it to them after the 6th tackle.

Lots of other rules.

I just don’t like how loosely AFL players carry the ball. They drop it with the smallest hit and it makes the whole game look sloppy IMO. AFL players are more athletic but they don’t hit as hard in the game.

1 Like

Woke at 216.7 lbs, look OK, I guess? Photos, so you decide. I’m saying definitely more mass, not a massive amount of fat

9 Likes

Man you are getting huge. Nice work!

3 Likes

You’re going to have to start buying wider doors soon :joy:

4 Likes

I can live with that…

4 Likes

Today’s training

Leg extensions, GHR sit-ups and broad jumps from hops onwards

Squat, mono
5xbar
5xplate/143 lbs
3x2 plates/231 lbs
2x3 plates/319 lbs, belt on but open
4x1x368 lbs
11x368 lbs - felt decent, bracing got sloppy after around seven but still felt easy

Front squat
2x8x231 lbs - sucked but still easy, and the notes for this was something I can do for an easy eight

45 degree back raises
4x15 at bodyweight

BB rows
3x10x176 lbs

All up an hour and 20 minutes, including helping out my buddy Justin (who, for the record, rocked up as I hit my first single and was only just getting under his last workup set when I left…)

7 Likes

Then lunch with Mrs KO at Bent Spoke

Before

After

The waiter seemed surprised when he saw two, people at the table. This happens more and more these days.

18 Likes

Carnage! Love it.

4 Likes

They make the best beer too.

1 Like

Damn! Good job.

Btw. when is your next competition planned?

1 Like