MarkKO's Training Log

So, that’s quite surprising to me. I thought, based on the mirror, that I’d have added a ton more. Turns out it’s been much the same as the previous months, hanging around between the two and four pound mark. That’s kind of encouraging.

Thought I’d check: that’s 22.6 lbs in total over seven months, or an average of 3.2 lbs/month and 0.8 lbs/week. Assuming I continue to gain at that rate eight more months would put me around 233 lbs. Assuming that’s what happens, from November to end of February my goal would probably be to get down to 220 lbs but not lower, then go back up until I hit 242 lbs at a decent body comp.

2 Likes

You’re playing with fire Mark :slight_smile:
But as always, you seem to know what you’re doing. And you know you can lean out quite easily.
The latest pic’s shows a much more balanced Mark than the super Lean Mark from May last year.

1 Like

Embrace the bloat and chace the gainz!!!

I knew you were a bodybuilder.

1 Like

I just want to be strong AND jacked! Is that too much to ask?

In all seriousness, there aren’t any good PLers under 308 lbs who aren’t sitting at a fairly lean body comp.

7 Likes

And i want the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, to see a unicorn, sasquatch and bigfoot.

4 Likes

I just want to run like an Elite Kenyan and be skin-diesel-ripped-jacked, and ruthless like a honey-badger.

5 Likes

And I just want to get paid to travel the world shooting guns and blowing shit up!

2 Likes

You have a realistic chance of doing this @Irishman92

Actually, I do too. I’m confident I’ll get to a lean-ish 242 lbs within a couple of years.

4 Likes

Just don’t blow shit up while you’re in Canberra OK, I don’t want to die thanks

1 Like

Haha no promises, I think im going there to blow shit up. Sorry not sorry!

3 Likes

Woke at 213.4 lbs, looking OK. Really need to shave though, because it’s getting hard to see finer detail.

1 Like

Woke at 213.4 lbs, looking pretty much identical to yesterday. Also feeling more rested.

1 Like

Today’s training

Leg extensions, GHR sit-ups, broad jumps up to something over two metres

Squat, beltless, sleeveless, mono
5xbar
5xplate/143 lbs
3x2 plates/231 lbs
4x2x275 lbs
12x275 lbs
5x275 lbs

All sets at 275 lbs with 10 second rests. Took two minutes and 55 seconds and was pretty foul. Still working on fast descent, which in that set of 12 wasn’t easy. Slightly tweaked something in my right groin, nothing remotely serious

Squat feet three inches closer in total
9x275 lbs
11x275 lbs

Meant to be 2x10 but miscounted first set. Almost fell over on the tenth rep. Still trying to descend aggressively but harder with narrower stance, although it was really good for reminding me to push my knees out.

DB goblet squats
2x15x100 lbs

Quads felt like wood by now

Pullups
7 wide overhand
6 wide neutral
4 close neutral

Elbows fine, which is a huge bonus

Brace and hold
5x10 seconds - probably would have blacked out doing 15 seconds

All up done in an hour and five minutes

8 Likes

Brace and hold?
Do you practice bracing, if so, how?

Come on over, brother!

1 Like

Woke at 213 lbs, looking decent.

@mortdk it’s pretty much what it says. Take your air, brace, and hold. So for me, that means squeezing my glutes and lats, then taking air and finally pushing that air out in 360 degrees in my midsection.

3 Likes

Today’s training

Hand release push-ups and pull-ups

Bench press
5xbar
5xplate
3x176 lbs
4x2x198 lbs
14x198 lbs - meh, same as last max reps set with 198 lbs but I’m in the fatigue accumulating business

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf-DJTqBQCF/

Floor press
2x5x187 lbs

Dips
4x10 - meant to be 4xmax reps, but capped at 10

Skull crushers
3x8x88 lbs

Lateral raises
3x12x25 lbs

DB rows
2x10x120 lbs - lightest 120 lbs has ever felt. Very strict

Done in an hour and 15 minutes

7 Likes

Extra food for dinner. Felt good. For the record, it was Fruit Loops and Coco Pops.

5 Likes

It fits your macros right?..

1 Like