MarkKO's Training Log

Oh, and yeah.

Yesterday went over calories a bit (wine and woman, no song, @painter27 check out Tipsy Bull in Brandon with fiancee if you haven’t yet) and today because fuck me but I’m hungry and yesterday did nothing bad so I can push it. Back to normal tomorrow.

1 Like

Been pushing 85lbs DB’s off your chest for awhile :wink:

1 Like

Rub it in why don’t you :roll_eyes:

Best I can say is every week I’ve done one more set of 10. I SUCK at them. Hard. Which is why they’re still in the rotation: they’re progressing, albeit slowly.

1 Like

I can honestly say I missed that and I can respect the effort that dumbbells take to progress. I will only ever give you shit when I think you can take it because I know you respond well to it.

You work hard in the gym, we all see it. I can also see that you have a special type of mentality that allows you to keep pushing.

It’s that type of mentality that I want to learn and harness for my own sick goals.

6 Likes

Does your goals include lifting some weights again lol. Surely at least one day a week :confused:

4 Likes

Nah

Do Fookin Nuttin

5 Likes

Aw man, every day I think about doing my calisthenics workout the next morning and every night my body reminds me that my left leg physically cannot go past 90 degrees. I’m really hoping that my body will accustome itself to being beat up and I will be able to hit the targets I have set myself. My coaches son is able to be a personal training on his own time so I strive for that.

2 Likes

Woke at 202.4 lbs but still looking decent. Slight lower ab bloating but that’s just dinner seven and a bit hours ago. Upper back is sore AF.

1 Like

Nothing like a bit of banter @Irishman92

I’m guessing it takes time for your body to adapt to getting the crap kicked out of it? A good mate is a muay thai fighter and he trains with me periodically but he’s been doing it for around four years now.

1 Like

Woke at 202.4 lbs again. Looking pretty decent.

2 Likes

That cold kind of resurfaced. No idea why, maybe dust inhaled while cleaning out the car port? Irritating more than anything.

Today’s training

90 degree back raise for a bunch

10 cm block pulls, stiff bar, beltless
3x132 lbs
3x220 lbs
3x308 lbs
10x3x396 lbs, all under 6 RPE, hook first three sets then straps - took 14 minutes

Up to 407 lbs next week. Surprised by how easy these were. Like, really fucking easy.

Squats, all beltless
5xbar
5xplate/143 lbs
5x2 plates/231 lbs
3x12x319 lbs, 8 RPE across - took a bit under 15 minutes

These were not fucking easy. Not horribly hard, but definitely work past rep eight. Pretty happy with these as beltless. Next week up 341 lbs, which will probably suck

GHR sit-ups supersetted with 90 degree back raises
Sit-ups 3x15 at bodyweight
Raises 3x25, 1xboth feet, 1xleft leg, 1xright leg

Done in an hour and a half

14 Likes

#cardio

5 Likes

Woke at 202 lbs, looking decent. Need to shave again soon. Still got that pesky cold.

1 Like

Today’s training

Plate raises with 33 lbs for a bunch

Press
10xbar
8x88 lbs
10x132 lbs, 7-8 RPE
4x8x132 lbs, 8, 8-9, 8-9, 9 RPE - tried a couple of different grips, and made no difference

Work sets done in 14 minutes. Hard today. Again. I’m going to swap out press for seated press in the Smith machine for a while. It’s not that my press ups gotten weaker, but higher reps with a reasonable weight just feel shitty. Once Smith gets stale, I might try the 10x3 for press.

Low row supersetted with chest supported raises
Rows 5x12x143 lbs
Raises 5x10x20 lbs

The burn from this, especially the rows, was insane.

Facepulls supersetted with Hammer Strength pulldowns
Facepulls 3x15x55 lbs
Pulldowns 15x50 lbs (misload), 2x15x55 lbs

Keeping both these weights for a bit

Hammer curls
Three sets to 9 RPE with 30 lbs

Done in just under an hour

6 Likes

Odd thing: last two days in the from the start of training I’ve felt really hot and dried out. It’s weird. I’ve had plenty of fluid, but still feel dehydrated AF. I’d almost say it’s a fever but that makes no sense.

1 Like

So now I feel hot, dried out AND bloated. Great.

might be an infection of some kind?

Who knows? Maybe.

Anyhow, yesterday’s squats finally uploaded (my IG uploads are iffy sometimes). Last set

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcl1lzih15Y/

7 Likes

Damn those squats look clean.

I’m sure they are somewhere in these 4k posts, but do you mind throwing down a brief summary of your squat cues?

5 Likes

Interested as well.

3 Likes