MarkKO's Training Log

10 minutes a day, every day. Walking/riding/skipping/kbs whatever. Get your hr up for 10 minutes erry day. Hard, easy, doesn’t matter. Just set a clock and do it

2 Likes

Buying a second hand stationary bike for home use helped me immensely. Wasnt too expensive either compared to new stuff from the store. Every time I have a small snack I can put on a movie, jump on the bike and burn it off. Strong negative reinforcement / 10

1 Like

If I cycled off every snack I ate I’d qualify for the Tour de Pig

2 Likes

I was actually thinking about something along those lines. I do own a skipping rope…

1 Like

Atta boy. Its a good habit to form. It’s the norm for me to condition almost every day now, and makes it much less of a chore to stay in pretty good shape year round. And just by autoregulating difficulty it doesn’t have to intefere with strength or mass phases etc.

2 Likes

I think the mass phase is serving you pretty well man. Row strength has been climbing!

It’s helping, certainly. Although I think it’s more that the rows are helping with mass. When I look back, I started around 154 lbs and didn’t only added 11 lbs every time I could hit three sets at 12 day in, day out. Slow AF progression but it works…

5 Likes

Meme game strong.

are you eating low-carb? If not, they’re not “refeeds,” they’re “binges.”

5 Likes

I like to think that Mark is “carb-cycling”…

between “High” days and “Really-Fkin-High” days.

7 Likes

I knew there was a term for them @Yogi1

3 Likes

Woke at 200.6 lbs, starting to look a load less puffy. Also tweaked my macros slightly. Since going to 2800 cal/day I upped my fats slightly to 25 per cent of calories and TBH I think that wasn’t necessary. Dropping them back to 20 per cent and upping carbs to see how that works.

4 Likes

Today’s training

90 degree back raises for a bunch

Squat
5xbar
5xplate/143
5x2 plates/231
5x3 plates/319 lbs, open belt
8x352 lbs, under 6 RPE
6x396 lbs, 6 RPE
4x440 lbs, 8-9 RPE
10x319 lbs, beltless paused in the hole for a two count, 7-8 RPE

Pleased with this. I was sorely tempted to add another 44 lbs but reason prevailed. Never been able to hit 440 lbs with no change in grip from three plates and under either. I think the comp lifts are moving well despite not being focused on. Lesson learned there

This is the 440 lbs

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcTJeushsyV/

Rope STBs supersetted with 90 degree back raises
STBs 3x7
Raises 3x25 with pause at top - first set both feet, then one set single leg each leg which was very cool

12 Likes

Woke at 199.8 lbs courtesy of a long sleep. Looking a damn sight better though. Seem to have some slight cold but I think I’m getting the better of it.

4 Likes

Today’s training

Plate raises with 33 lbs for a bunch

Press
10xbar
8x88 lbs
8x132 lbs, 7-8 RPE
6x164 lbs, 8-9 RPE
3x176 lbs, 8 RPE - pretty happy with this
15x88 lbs, under 6 RPE

Low rows supersetted with chest supported raises
Rows 3x12x143 lbs
Raises 3x12x20 lbs

Seem to get a really good MMC with these

Facepulls supersetted with Hammer Strength pulldowns
Facepulls 3x15x54 lbs
Pulldowns 3x15x121 lbs

I’ll stay at this weight for another week, then maybe move up

Hammer curls
Three sets to 9 RPE with 30 lbs

8 Likes

Woke at 201 lbs, looking decent.

2 Likes

Today’s training

Leg extensions at 55 lbs for a bunch

Front squat
3xbar, Frankenstein
3x132 lbs, Frankenstein
3x220 lbs, Frankenstein
5x308 lbs, 6 RPE, Frankenstein - planned on 5x5 with 60-90 second rests but that was unappealing
2x352 lbs, 10 RPE (by default), Frankenstein - lost the bar to slippage on three, if it hadn’t been for that would have been an easy enough triple. That’s the one disadvantage to Frankenstein squats, if the bar slips above a moderate weight you’re done
1x396 lbs, 9 RPE, clean grip - fuck yeah! Four plates! Clean grip because mentally I needed my hands involved somehow
15x220 lbs, 6-7 RPE, Frankenstein

One lift I’m around level with @littlesleeper at least

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcYT9_YhPVQ/

Leg extensions supersetted with GHR sit-ups
Extensions 3x25x66 lbs
Sit-ups 3x15 at bodyweight

13 Likes

Thats awesome!

1 Like

Note to self: GPC Canberra Winter Classic is 15 July 2018. Barring another meet in that timeframe that’s the one I’ll go for.

Prep starts 22 January

1 Like