MarkKO's Training Log

Your abs are looking thick and strong!, definitely a huge difference without the hair lol

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m jealous of your abs. Nice separation. You’re at a very solid spot physique-wise. #allhomo

3 Likes

imageNo such thing as too much oblique, only too little upper chest, lats, and shoulders. Kidding, I know physique has a hard on for v-tapers.

2 Likes

If you front squat, do strap front squats. You’re way too fucking tight to do clean grip, and cross arm is really unstable/eliminates a lot of the benefits (mostly upper back) that makes front squats amazing. Can’t recommend front squats enough.

1 Like

@The_Myth I know, I should, but if I went with the same as upper body I’d just shave thighs and because I wear shorts a ton it’d look weeeeeeeeird. Vain, I know.

On the flip side, I do want to see how my quads and hams look without fur.

Thanks guys! Munchkin’s verdict was ‘you look like jello without your coat of fur’.

1 Like

@Destrength that’s my preferred way of doing them. No pain and better positioning is a win win.

Woke at 194.7 lbs, looking decent. Slept well too, apart from a half hour interruption where madame couldn’t sleep so got up and put the corned beef on to cook. Not that I’m complaining.

2 Likes

As a former road racer i can tell you that it feels awesome and it looks so great.
And it’s the whole leg you need to shave.
Girls fancy it as well.
Try it, you won’t regret. If you do, the damn thing grows.

1 Like

Fine. Next shave, it goes @mortdk

1 Like

looking forward, it’s a fun feeling at first.
If you are having a massage it’s so great.

1 Like

Man, bodybuilding is a strange world. Everyone lifts for strength and looks. Strength is a manly thing. I’M A BIG STRONG MAN!!!

And then you see conversations like this… about shaving the entire body and sharing half naked pics with other men… LOL!

On the plus side, I think we’re all pretty comfortable with our masculinity so this shows that we’re evolved and not homophobic.

5 Likes

Should shave the head while you’re at it, you’ll pretty much become highly areo dynamic then.
Lookin good though mate.

#fullbromo

3 Likes

This takes me back to my childhood, so good and great smelling.

2 Likes

I want to but my missus would kill me

2 Likes

Today’s training

Shoulder raise tri set, a bunch at 15 lbs until I felt a decent amount of blood in my delts

Smith machine incline press, bench on pin 12
10x’bar’
10x88 lbs
5x10x132 lbs, under 6, under 6, 6, 7 and 7 RPE, short rests - up to 143 lbs next week

1-5, 5-1 pull-up ladder supersetted with lateral raises
Pull-ups 1-3 wide overhand with 22 lbs, 4-5 wide neutral with 11 lbs, 5-1 bodyweight close out to wide - pleased with how these felt
Raises 5x10x20 lbs

Rear delt machine supersetted with rope lat pulldowns
Delts with elbows on handle 3x15 at pin three
Pulldowns 3x12x110 lbs

Dead stop hammer curls off thighs
3x20 lbs to failure

While stretching paid extra attention to opening my shoulders @Destrength , felt good

All up including mobility-ish work took around an hour 10 minutes

2 Likes

@Frank_C:

At least it’s not Crossfit.

Also

tell that to my smaller pecs, and arms. :wink:

@markko: Snatch grip behind the neck presses work pretty nice for opening the shoulders too (always part of my snatch warm up). The guy who writes Chaos and Pain has a pretty freaky press, and swears by them.

They’re also obviously a staple for Weightlifters, and Weightlifters have some pretty mobile and secure shoulders. The guy that they’re named after when called by their nickname (klokov presses) also has like a 165+KG strict press, and something like a 225KG push press without either being his focus, so I’d say they build strong shoulders.

3 Likes

Holy shit. I thought he was going to jerk that. That’s my push press too…in pounds.

You’ll come around eventually :smile:

2 Likes

It’s my snatch too! … in pounds. And yeah, I plan on. I like Ed Coan’s idea on cycling, only peak 2 times in one year, and have some time off to get jacked/healthy directly after your peak.

1 Like