MarkKO's Training Log

Ditto. Kind of lol. Heavy protein in the early mornings and a huge carb surge around 12-6pm. After that I just give up on life and slowly stop eating

1 Like

Woke at 190.7 lbs. Go figure. Looking good too.

2 Likes

I think you found your answer. Your body is telling you something. You are reverse dieting too right?

In my experience will power always loses (yours is way better than mine) but I find if I just add a couple extra calories every day my will power gets a lot better.

Long story short is for me at least ridiculous cravings are usually a manifestation of my cut being too aggressive.

3 Likes

@botslayer with the wisdom.

I think you’re probably right. It’s something that only started when I put all my carbs around training - which is when it seems like I started to look a bit leaner even though my weight didn’t change much.

Plus, given I’m going into a mass phase soon it makes sense to up calories a bit. I’ll just go to 2700, which is close to top end maintenance for my LBM assuming I’m around the 15 per cent bodyfat mark.

I was probably going to do this post meet anyway, but that was just to make weight easier. I doubt I’ll go beyond 192 lbs in the remaining three weeks, which is a relatively doable 11 lbs cut. Absolute worst case I’ll have to compete at 198 lbs and hope like hell I can set a good enough total to qualify for 2018 nationals, but I’m still going to plan on going in the 181s and come mid 2018 assuming I’ve qualified I’ll just have to get to 181 lbs somehow assuming I’m hovering between 192 and 196 lbs.

Anyhow, I’ll up things to 2700 cal/day and see how that pans out.

3 Likes

I’m really looking forward to watching your results when you get into the mass building. Given what I’ve seen over the last few years with respect to your approach to training and diet, I think it’s going to be an awesome experience.

With that in mind, I think you should not even worry about

I just don’t see that happening based on your approach. So, put it out of your mind.

Rock on!

4 Likes

You know me @The_Myth I try to plan for eventualities.

1 Like

power look !

1 Like

Getting there. It’ll take a few years to get my back and arms semi respectable. Hell knows when my chest and shoulders will follow.

1 Like

Woke at 191.8 lbs, looking same as usual.

3 Likes

Woke at 192.5 lbs, looking decent. Macros were better yesterday, and it showed this morning compared to yesterday. Nothing huge, but noticeable nonetheless.

2 Likes

Early morning training because we’re driving to Bundanoon to meet our wedding celebrant.

Today’s training

Lazy lifter

DL, raw, DL bar, semi sumo

TM is 473 lbs

Work up from 132 lbs in 44 lbs x3 to 60%, pull-up doubles with 22 lbs between sets - these felt pretty good, all wide grip overhand

1x330 lbs, under 6 RPE, double overhand
1x379 lbs, under 6 RPE, double overhand
1x423 lbs, under 6 RPE, mixed after failing double overhand
1x473 lbs, 6 RPE, hook grip
1x517 lbs, 9 RPE, hook grip
2x0x555 lbs, first time semi sumo with straps, second conventional hook grip. Not impressed, just couldn’t get get the bar off the floor. In retrospect, having 517 lbs at 9 RPE should have told me something and in honest it did but I didn’t listen.

Had a think, stripped 11 lbs off the bar

1x544 lbs, 9-10 RPE, sumo, hook grip - sumo PR. Yes, hard off the floor but somehow that was fine because it being sumo I expected it and was just patient.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZt--yVhDYh/

So, yeah, go figure. Apparently my weaker stance isn’t. I’m trying to figure out what changed. I’m putting it down to the geared work, and/or the box squatting.

Either way, much happier now. Most probably I’ll have 544-555 lbs as my third, but I’m looking at 544 lbs as my second and open around 506 lbs. I’ll probably pull semi sumo for my first, then sumo.

Low box squat, beltless
10x2x319 lbs, all around 6 RPE - Chad Aichs lat cue is the bomb. Took a bit more time, just shy of 15 minutes

Reverse hyper
3xa bunch with 88 lbs as that was what was on it, much more controlled than usual and boy did that make my back feel it

STBs with dead hang
3x9 RPE, five-ish the first two sets, three the last

11 Likes

Strong lift, strong grip! That looked really smooth.

2 Likes

Whats does semi sumo have that sumo doesn’t?

2 Likes

It’s fast and powerful up to the 500-510 lbs mark, with none of the hard work at the start that sumo has. Then above the that it seems to take the worst of sumo (weak off the floor) and conventional (hard back work early on) and combine it into one piece of garbage.

3 Likes

I may need to stay away from cafes for a bit :roll_eyes:

Slice of brownie
Small chocolate caramel tart
Pancake with bananas and maple syrup
Heavy AF chocolate cake (like, too heavy, ate the cake but left most of the cooking chocolate that was in place of filling)

OK, so mostly carbs, but a fuckton of them.

Be interesting to see how I look tomorrow. Also interesting: felt fine until you fatty chocolate hit my stomach, then quickly felt off.

Also, kind of funny the look I get from the wait staff when they ask who it’s all for and I say me, my partner is just having the burger (which she had with whipped cream I didn’t eat BTW). I guess it’s weird for them having someone not fat order that much.

2 Likes

Wait, are pancakes a desert in Australia? I’ve been subsisting off of them, waffles, and french toast (waffles are probably the cleanest in all honesty) for my breakfast carbs with a couple servings each of eggs and a breakfast meat. Though it’s not sweet tasting, and I don’t add anything to them (sometimes small amounts of sugar free syrup).

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say they’re dessert, most people think of pancakes as breakfast foods here. That being said, there are a lot of places that serve them up all day/24 hours.

1 Like

More a breakfast. But lots of places do all day breakfast. Crepes are definitely a desert though.

Really? I find more places serve waffle desserts here in brisbane

1 Like

Really? TBH I’m just talking about how I look at them. You’ll find crepes on breakfast menus more than anything I think.