MarkKO's Training Log

Just watched Icarus yesterday and was wondering whether or not it would ve popular around here. Really well made doco

3 Likes

My worst nightmare

4 Likes

It’s not great, but it’s my stomach and it does what I tell it. It may make me feel a bit off in the process, but that’s a secondary concern.

1 Like

Sounds as if you were talking about an old car

Really anything that makes your stomach upset is a living hell, I can’t really say that I’m enjoying life if I’m either puking or in pain all day - luckily that doesn’t happen too often

It just makes life a little less pleasant. Normally I can always eat. Now it’s more of a chore.

1 Like

Definitely
Let’s just be happy that the condition is not permanent

1 Like

Tell me about it. A somewhat more ‘normal’ person would probably just eat less until everything calmed down. I’m just happy I didn’t lose weight from an upset stomach and I’m not about to let a little unpleasantness sabotage that.

1 Like

That’s the only good way of dealing with this situation

2 Likes

They test you like 8-13 times a year if you’re likely to touch the podium. Literally can’t even get a cycle in with testing that frequent.

1 Like

Usada? Yeah they’re crazy. It’s nuts when you hear the stories of them turning up at houses in the middle of the night demanding blood and urine samples. Serious business.

1 Like

Woke at 191.8 lbs, looking a bit soft. I’m guessing that’s everything balancing back out after Monday night. Could also be the extra toast I’ve been eating as it’s one food that sits OK on my stomach. Garbage sleep, but not due to illness - instead snoring fiancee and stepson and no space in bed.

1 Like

The national bulgarian coach that came to coach at cal strength for some time (Abadajiv) literally fucking set up booby traps to mortally wound USADA drug testing officers in case they tried that.

4 Likes

Bahahahahahaaaaaaa fair enough I think

Check out the second episode on the powercast on the Dave Spitz/Wes Kitts interview, there are some ridiculous stories about the crazy shit that has happened over the years. Like fucking Jon North deciding today was the day he was going to try tucking facing the path of the bar before snatching. For context the bar is supposed to touch the hips and is where the most power is in the lift. Think about it.

2 Likes

I have been, on and off all day. Can’t picture it at all.

Today’s training

Lazy lifter plus shoulders

Squat, out of mono, sleeves

TM is 429 lbs

Work up from bar in 44 lbs x3-5 to 60% - playing with a new lat engagement method I saw in a Chad Aichs piece (squeeze shoulders together and down, then squeeze lats, all before unracking and hold that) and holy wow does it make a difference. Slightly changes my procedure with just one breath (before unracking) but that’s easy to adjust to.

3x297 lbs, under 6 RPE, loose belt
1x341 lbs, under 6 RPE
1x385 lbs, just under 6 RPE
1x429 lbs, 6 RPE - felt very close to 385 lbs TBH
1x462 lbs, 9 RPE - not as snappy as I’d have liked but it’ll do for a start especially given the week I’ve had.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZSFCvjFBD8/

Decided to ditch the backoff sets

Conventional DL, stiff bar, beltless
10x2x330 lbs in nine minutes - went hook, mixed left under, mixed right under and the final set hook. Major win: ALL grips felt really good and only right under felt like it had even a slight impact on positioning. This potentially nixes something that had been worrying me with my DL grip.

Weighted decline situps
3x12x33 lbs - first set easy, last two not so much

Left it at that for the day. Next week I’ll push everything as planned. I’m starting to think Monday’s less than great feeling DL may have had something to do with the gut bug I came down with later in the day.

8 Likes

Essentially he bruised/scraped his penis on a snatch attempt because he tucked in a way that it was directly in the path of a heavy, fast moving barbell. He then proceeded to go around and show it to whoever that would look.

5 Likes

Woke at 189 lbs, looking tight if a little flat. I have no idea how this happened. I drank a bunch yesterday, but I do remember feeling very dry despite that. So, maybe dehydration? Who knows. Feeling pretty good. Stomach is almost back to normal.

2 Likes

These and front squat holds make my abs more sore than any other ab exercise I’ve ever tried. Great lifting man, keep chipping away!

3 Likes

I have noticed this yesterday and today.

1 Like