T Nation

MarkKO's Training Log

Managed to eat reasonable amounts through the day, but less than I should (again). Hopefully three quarters of a pizza for dinner will help. Gut still feeling off, but can’t do much about that it seems.

3 Likes

Weed for nausea, just saying. It’s getting pretty weird to me here in the US. New York hasn’t legalized it, but in Oregon it’s like going to a convenience store. Bud, edibles, oils, vapes, everything.

3 Likes

Woke at 250.9 lbs, looking a bit bloated. Nausea kicked off within a minute of getting out of bed. Yay.

@The_Myth I wish. Hopefully the ACT will legalise it sooner rather than later. It’s on the table, that I know.

Mark, it’s really not that hard to hide weed/use it in moderation for pain relief. I know it always helped me. If anything, have your wife piss in a cup for you.

1 Like

It’s not even that much of an issue. Work wouldn’t care. Wife wouldn’t be too happy until it was legal though.

All’s well that ends well, my good man.

1 Like

Todays training

3x10 bracing hip thrusts

10x10 seconds bracing 90/90

DL, stiff bar
2x5xbar - trying to brace properly for 10 reps is just awkward AF
5xplate/154 lbs
3x2 plates/242 lbs - belt on
2x3 plates/352 lbs - to mixed grip, belt to second tightest notch
1x440 lbs - belt to tightest notch
2x1x517 lbs

Deficit DL from two-ish inches
4x3x373 lbs - awkward to felt very light

SLDL
2x10x237 lbs - took belt off, all double overhand

Back held up fine

Including rehab and usual stretching and some helping out an hour and 35 minutes

5 Likes

Woke at 248.9 lbs, looking a bit less bloated than yesterday. That’s got to be mostly dehydration as I didn’t drink well yesterday but ate better quantities.

Thought my gut might have been improving slightly when I had breakfast and didn’t feel sick. I was wrong. Couldn’t really eat until again late afternoon and that was just because I decided to force myself to eat.

I’m going to try and get in to see the doctor tomorrow. A week of this shit is more than enough. I think it’s starting to impact my energy levels.

2 Likes

A week with a bad stomach is more that enough.
I’ll hope your doc is able to find a reason and a cure.

1 Like

A bad stomach is no fun at all. :-1:t3: Get it taken care of quickly before it has the opportunity to get worse.

1 Like

Woke at 248.2 lbs, looking less bloated. Hydration yesterday was better, too.

2 Likes

Woke at 250.4 lbs, looking bloated compared to yesterday. Which, I’m happy to say, is because I’m still holding on to everything I ate. Win.

1 Like

I’ve managed to keep all mine in for the last 2 days too. Although I think the gastro stop helped with that.

1 Like

If I wasnt lazy, I’d have gone and gotten some. As it is, I think I’m about back to normal. Thank fuck, because I have to take a max squat in about two hours.

2 Likes

I sense a shart coming up!!

1 Like

Todays training

3x10 bracing hip thrusts

10x10 seconds bracing 90/90

Squat
2x5xbar/60 lbs - felt off. Probably thinking too much about bracing
5xplate/148 lbs - better
3x2 plates/236 lbs - belt on, better again
2x3 plates/346 lbs - wraps at five revolutions, monolift from hereon in
1x418 lbs - wraps at five revolutions
1x484 lbs - six revolutions
1x528 lbs - seven revolutions
1x572 lbs - eight very painful revolutions and not as snappy as I’d have liked but I’ll sure as hell take it

My logic was that I haven’t had enough time - or training - since last meet to accumulate enough fatigue to adapt to to get stronger. So, going for a small PR over my last meet numbers would be dumb. I settled for five pounds more than last peak’s fatigued max. Following Greg’s system for numbers that still gives me a PR on meet day.

Bench and deadlift to go.

I’m low key pretty chuffed that I can have a crook gut for a week on top of a couple of months of rehabbing my back and very little training and squat North of 550 lbs. I think my base strength has gone up.

6 Likes

Nice work on the rep, not so good with the video !!!

1 Like

I like the way you very nonchalant put the belt over the plates, great effort.
Good to read you can handle heavy weights again.

1 Like

Woke at 249.8 lbs, looking much less bloated than yesterday.

@simo74 @mortdk technical difficulties.

Here it is