Marking My 3 Month SL 5x5

So as most of the people recommended for me to start a beginners workout. I chose StrongLifts 5x5 and i stick to it for 3 months now. All of my lifts have went up but I didn’t get any bigger my body still looks the same. And after stalling so many times should I start considering a new program.

Here are my stats (1RM)
Deadlift = 317 lbs from 132
Squats = 231 lbs from 110
Bench press = 184 from 66
db military press = 65 lbs dumbels on each side
chin ups = from 3 to 11

but now i stalled in everything even with the deadlift and i wanna consider cutting. should i change my program and look more into a bodybuilding routine while cutting??

In November, you said your 5rm for squats was 200lbs. That would put your 1rm at around 225lbs. You increased your 1rm by 5lbs in 3 months. What are you expecting?

How much weight did you gain in those 3 months?

You are talking about wanting to get bigger while at the same time wanting to cut. Which is your goal?

This

[quote]craze9 said:
How much weight did you gain in those 3 months?
[/quote]
Plus this:

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
You are talking about wanting to get bigger while at the same time wanting to cut. Which is your goal?[/quote]

According to the numbers you’ve given in this thread (I’m not saying I believe them 100%), you’ve got very noticeably stronger in that time. I find it hard to believe you could more than double some of these lifts and not see some sort of physique change. If this is the case however, your diet is where you need to be looking for answers.

[quote]dagill2 wrote:
According to the numbers you’ve given in this thread (I’m not saying I believe them 100%), you’ve got very noticeably stronger in that time. I find it hard to believe you could more than double some of these lifts and not see some sort of physique change. If this is the case however, your diet is where you need to be looking for answers.
[/quote]

If you go from 110 to 230 on squats as a dude, that’s not due to muscle growth - it’s mainly due to neural adaptation. While I’m not a huge fan of stronglifts anymore, I agree with some of the other posters - OP isn’t very strong, nor does he seem to be eating a lot. That’s a great combination for not gaining muscle.

[quote]
In November, you said your 5rm for squats was 200lbs. That would put your 1rm at around 225lbs. You increased your 1rm by 5lbs in 3 months. What are you expecting? [/quote]
I was expecting more muscle growth or even change in how the body looks.

[quote]
How much weight did you gain in those 3 months? [/quote]
I lost 2 pounds of fat.

[quote]
You are talking about wanting to get bigger while at the same time wanting to cut. Which is your goal?[/quote]
Right now I wanna cut but I’m confused because i still feel i don’t have that much muscle to show.

[quote]
According to the numbers you’ve given in this thread (I’m not saying I believe them 100%), you’ve got very noticeably stronger in that time. I find it hard to believe you could more than double some of these lifts and not see some sort of physique change. If this is the case however, your diet is where you need to be looking for answers. [/quote]
Thats why im confused because my body didn’t noticeably change, while my lifts did double and I have a graph for that.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:
[/quote]

If you go from 110 to 230 on squats as a dude, that’s not due to muscle growth - it’s mainly due to neural adaptation. While I’m not a huge fan of stronglifts anymore, I agree with some of the other posters - OP isn’t very strong, nor does he seem to be eating a lot. That’s a great combination for not gaining muscle.
[/quote]

I wasnt eating a lot because according to someone in here he said that i should try to get strong with minimal weight gain and this is what happened. Because i was fat and unfortunately still fat but stronger.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

This is what I’m getting at. I find it hard to believe that if he was eating enough, he wouldn’t see some physique changes with the strength gains.

[quote]Ronaldinho92 wrote:

[quote]
Thats why im confused because my body didn’t noticeably change, while my lifts did double and I have a graph for that.[/quote]

Your lifts doubled?

You just confirmed that your 1rm squat went up by 5lbs when I referenced what you wrote in the previous thread. Are you bullshitting about your other lifts too?

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]
Thats why im confused because my body didn’t noticeably change, while my lifts did double and I have a graph for that.[/quote]

Your lifts doubled?

You just confirmed that your 1rm squat went up by 5lbs when I referenced what you wrote in the previous thread. Are you bullshitting about your other lifts too?[/quote]

Im not bullshitting but to start Stronglifts you start by around 50% of your lift. Thats how i calculated it. And some of the lifts I felt like lowering the weight more thats it.

Ronaldinho92, I want to see pictures. You can crop the face, obviously, but I think seeing how you look would help with determining the next steps.

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]

Your lifts doubled?

You just confirmed that your 1rm squat went up by 5lbs when I referenced what you wrote in the previous thread. Are you bullshitting about your other lifts too?[/quote]

Im not bullshitting but to start Stronglifts you start by around 50% of your lift. Thats how i calculated it. And some of the lifts I felt like lowering the weight more thats it. [/quote]

Ok, understood.

So, actual increases in lifts would be:

Squat : 225lbs to 231lbs (5lb increase)

What about the other lifts?

Were you pushing yourself to the point where you would not be able to lift anything heavier or get another rep when you derived your new maxes? Or did you just feel like working up to something heavy and record that as your new max?

[quote]
Ok, understood.

Were you pushing yourself to the point where you would not be able to lift anything heavier or get another rep when you derived your new maxes? Or did you just feel like working up to something heavy and record that as your new max?[/quote]
For the bench press and the military press I just started with and empty bar. And yes i was pushing myself to failure. I can post the graphs if you would like.

[quote]
Ok, understood.

Were you pushing yourself to the point where you would not be able to lift anything heavier or get another rep when you derived your new maxes? Or did you just feel like working up to something heavy and record that as your new max?[/quote]
For the bench press and the military press I just started with and empty bar. And yes i was pushing myself to failure. I can post the graphs if you would like. [/quote]

I’m not interested in your graphs.

How much were you lifting to failure for the compound lifts before the program and how much after?

E.g.

Squats: 200lbs for 5 reps (before) to 231lbs for 1 rep (after)

[quote]dt79 wrote:

I cant remember how much before, but i know the stats now
deadlift 308x2 reps
squats 231x5 reps
bench press 165x5 for the first 2 sets and then i get like 3 so its like that (5/5/3/4/2)
military dumbell 60x5 for only the first set and then i fail the rest of the sets

I dont know if this what you wanted, and i think were not finding a solution. I wanna know if I should cut continuing with Stronglifts because 3 days is not enough to burn fat at least for me and also putting in my mind that im stalling in all lifts because im going for a cut.

i think were not finding a solution. [/quote]

I think you’re right.

Good Luck.

EDIT:

All I can say is, you get out of this sport what you put in to it.

[quote]dt79 wrote:

i think were not finding a solution. [/quote]

I think you’re right.

Good Luck.

EDIT:

All I can say is, you get out of this sport what you put in to it. [/quote]

Thank you for your effort much appreciated. But im not quitting till i reach my goal. Im just still confused on taking the right path

If you want to cut (and I do not recommend doing so at this point), then don’t expect your lifts to go up. Also, training three times a week is sufficient to lose weight if you do it right.

With those numbers I would move on to 5/3/1 now