T Nation

Markham-Ontario

I will be moving to the Toronto area in a couple of months for a job transfer. Office is in Markham.

For those of you living in that metro area, any suggestions as to what parts of Toronto are accesible to Markham via public transportation? I am not planning on having a car, not for the first six months, and test getting around using bus or metro system.

Thanks.

[quote]valenciaord wrote:
I will be moving to the Toronto area in a couple of months for a job transfer. Office is in Markham.

For those of you living in that metro area, any suggestions as to what parts of Toronto are accesible to Markham via public transportation? I am not planning on having a car, not for the first six months, and test getting around using bus or metro system.

Thanks.[/quote]

I work in Markham but commute from Etobicoke by car.

All parts of Toronto are accessible with public transportation. The Sheppard subway line will connect you to any part of the city. It may take you one or two buses to get there though.

I grew up in markham (well, unionville, but same thing).

Getting around there without a car is a serious pain.

Its a suburb. The TTC does come up to 16th avenue or Major Mackenzie on most of the main north-south roads but your best bet is the markham bus that runs across highway 7 and takes you to finch subway station.

there’s a somewhat decent gym at 7 and mccowan called markville fitness - its been through like 4 different incarnations but its not a bad place to train.

best of luck.

Thanks guys. Will be checking the TTC and YT websites to map out the connections and routes.

Even more painful than taking several buses or trains must be dealing with the weather during the winter time, and commuting!