T Nation

Mark Wahlberg is Max Payne?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/maxpayne/

Discuss??

I dont really know what to think. More often than not he dose really good work but “video game movies” are hit and miss at best.

Adversely the Teaser trailer for Dragon Ball is suppose to be shown with Max Payne

It will be interesting to see what they do with both

[quote]Himora22 wrote:
I dont really know what to think. More often than not he dose really good work but “video game movies” are hit and miss at best.

Adversely the Teaser trailer for Dragon Ball is suppose to be shown with Max Payne

It will be interesting to see what they do with both
[/quote]

Yeah…I feel that Wahlberg’s acting style is gonna be hit or miss for this movie. If all else fails,it will be an eye candy flick at best…after all,its Max Payne.

I’d be more enthusiastic about a Max Payne game for new consoles…lol. Oh…and Dragon Ball…sigh I don’t want to even start on that…I won’t talk until a trailer is out.

Also…check out trailer for “Body Of Lies.” Now that looks like a movie to see.

I only played a little bit of Max Payne but did it really involve demons and stuff? One of the trailers I saw for the movie had this whole thing about demons…etc I thought it was strange.

I’d be more interested in someone like vin deisel playing max payne, hell even if robert downey jnr played

[quote]Backlash79 wrote:
I only played a little bit of Max Payne but did it really involve demons and stuff? One of the trailers I saw for the movie had this whole thing about demons…etc I thought it was strange.[/quote]

I got the impression the demons were visual metaphors.

I’m liking the noir feel, either way.

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
I’d be more interested in someone like vin deisel playing max payne, hell even if robert downey jnr played[/quote]

Vin Diesel would be the worst choice in my opinion…hell,they could of just cast the actor who voiced Max Payne…albeit he’s a little older now.

I think he’ll do fine. This is Max Payne we’re talkin about, after all.

Re: The demons. I think they’re either dream sequences or drug induced hallucinations.

[quote]esk221 wrote:
I think he’ll do fine. This is Max Payne we’re talkin about, after all.

Re: The demons. I think they’re either dream sequences or drug induced hallucinations.[/quote]

If I remember correctly from the game…it was both.

I think (without seeing the trailer) this role would be perfectly suited for him. I think its right up his alley. I loved the game, although I am not a big fan of turning games into movies…but with the story line of this one, maybe I will bite.

I like the roles he is usually cast in, I think they suit him well I hope this is no different even though half the time his movies do nothing for me.

Valkyr nightmares… ugh those were freaky.

looks pretty close I would say
but wheres his hawaiian shirt?

[quote]Nich wrote:
looks pretty close I would say
but wheres his hawaiian shirt?
[/quote]

lol…ole’ Marky Mark has the same constipated facial expression. I really can’t think of anyone else that can “be” Max Payne.

Lets hope it is just an action shitfest cause there is no way Wahlberg can carry any movie by acting.

[quote]GhorigTheBeefy wrote:
Lets hope it is just an action shitfest cause there is no way Wahlberg can carry any movie by acting.[/quote]

That’s not completely true. The movie Fear is what essentially put him on the map as far as acting talent and he has been in a shit load of films since then. I think you may want to blame the scripts he’s chosen lately rather than his overall talent.

For some reason, it’s like he is still running from that Markie Mark image so he chooses scripts that don’t show case the physical element that put him out there to begin with…which means less all out action flicks or tough guy roles.

He does “slightly crazy and a little too quiet” pretty well.

[quote]GhorigTheBeefy wrote:
Lets hope it is just an action shitfest cause there is no way Wahlberg can carry any movie by acting.[/quote]

Personally,I think his role in The Departed was the best “acting” we’ll ever see out of him. edit Outside action movies…he cannot carry a movie as a lead.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
GhorigTheBeefy wrote:
Lets hope it is just an action shitfest cause there is no way Wahlberg can carry any movie by acting.

Personally,I think his role in The Departed was the best “acting” we’ll ever see out of him. edit Outside action movies…he cannot carry a movie as a lead.[/quote]

Agreed.

And for instance, I think 4 brothers is a good example of a good movie gone bad by a little bad scripting toward “over the top”.

[quote]johnward82 wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
GhorigTheBeefy wrote:

Personally,I think his role in The Departed was the best “acting” we’ll ever see out of him. edit Outside action movies…he cannot carry a movie as a lead.

Agreed.

And for instance, I think 4 brothers is a good example of a good movie gone bad by a little bad scripting toward “over the top”.

[/quote]

Forgot about Four Brothers…I actually that as well…

They had a fairly decent cast with good chemistry and it could have been better with a little more thought and logic from the writers…but it is Hollywood.

Which reminds me: Chiwetel Ejiofor is highly underrated actor…he deserves more lead roles.

Dennis Leary. After watching Rescue Me am I drooling at the possibility of this guy playing a bad ass action hero. Seriously, I can’t think of a whole lot of characters that don’t look like pussies compared to Leary’s Tommy Gavin in Rescue Me.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Dennis Leary. After watching Rescue Me am I drooling at the possibility of this guy playing a bad ass action hero. Seriously, I can’t think of a whole lot of characters that don’t look like pussies compared to Leary’s Tommy Gavin in Rescue Me. [/quote]

Funny you should say that…the guy who played his “dead cousin” is the guy who voiced Max Payne.