T Nation

Mark Rippetoe Success Story

J/K
I’m anti starting strength. Sure my powerlifting numbers are horrible…but I’m not a powerlifter. Bodybuilding splits since the beginning about 5 years ago with 3 years of permabulking.

oh there is no point to this thread except, to once again, like I have many times over the years, bash Starting Strength and show off really dumb pictures of myself.

EDIT: haha since this thread turned into a giant shit storm I would just like to point out that I don’t hate Rip I mean there is a reason he makes money off of being a strength coach, I’m just not a fan of SS…

LOL!

Nice progress regardless.

You got bigger but you certainly lost your cool. From badass guitar player to gay meathead.

Hey man! You can’t post a picture of your little brother next to yours and call them “progress pics”.

Fraud.

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:
You got bigger but you certainly lost your cool. From badass guitar player to gay meathead.[/quote]

lol there is nothing bad ass about the first picture hahahaha. I would say I looked so gay as a 17 year old kid but the second picture 6 years later doesn’t really help my case.

so much for bad Asian genetics

training and diet transformed you into a German dude

what

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
so much for bad Asian genetics

training and diet transformed you into a German dude

what[/quote]

It may help that I’m half white. But then again Frank Yang is getting pretty massive.

Tommy Chong?

Real Starting Strength success story LOL…

http://calisthenicsworks.wordpress.com/2012/05/04/gomad-before-and-after-the-classic-1930s-way-to-get-fat/

Zach Everett, a so-called GOMAD success story, gained 55 pounds in 11 weeks. Here are his before and after pics. For the avoidance of doubt, the after pic is the one in which he looks very fat.

before

After

to add to this thread,

i more or less always followed BBing type splits, i remember trying ws4sb when i was starting out and also the madcow 5x5- i didnt like either that much really. However i have done the Big Beyond Belief program (still a bbing program) which i think is the most beneficial thing a beginner can do if their goal is to obtain a great physique. The outcome of this is i never really got very strong on the powerlifts, buti did build a decent physique i think…

This was from about 7 weeks ago

[quote]GrindOverMatter wrote:
This was from about 7 weeks ago[/quote]

NICE, do you know what % you’re at. I cannot wait until I am as lean as you.

D[quote]paulieserafini wrote:

NICE, do you know what % you’re at. I cannot wait until I am as lean as you.[/quote]

I dont know really, I think I was about 3 weeks out there…its been a month since the show and im not as tight anymore

Man, you got some narrow-ass hips!

Ripptoes 5x5 and similar is great if you’re trying to coach a bunch of newbs and bring them up to at least BW x10 squats. But GOMAD is the biggest bullshit ever.

Demon face.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Man, you got some narrow-ass hips![/quote]
Thanx, makes it hard to move heavy ass weight though.

I find it humorous that I was Googling “rippetoe success stories” to find the alleged article where he brags about getting some kid fat, and this is one of the first few links… lol