Mark Henry Wins 1995 USAPL

Thanks for the video. I love watching these old school powerlifting videos like this. I guess I didnt realize the use of the monolift went back to 1995, you learn something new everyday.

Used to go and watch Mark Henry compete at my hometown college back in the early-mid 90’s, thought he was the biggest human I’d ever seen. Was only until I got interested in training that I realized how impressive those lifts truly were. Sexual Chocolate FTW!

[quote]Chicksan wrote:
Thanks for the video. I love watching these old school powerlifting videos like this. I guess I didnt realize the use of the monolift went back to 1995, you learn something new everyday. [/quote]

I think it was even earlier if I’m not mistaken.

Here’s one of Rob Wagner from 1993. Big squatter and they had the monolift then. I think 1992 might have been the first year .

[quote]Chicksan wrote:
Thanks for the video. I love watching these old school powerlifting videos like this. I guess I didnt realize the use of the monolift went back to 1995, you learn something new everyday. [/quote]

Another really cool “old school” thing is back in the early 80’s the guys would squat in tight ass jeans and overalls as a sort of squat suit. ha. anything to add weight to the bar right!!

Holy crap that squat. Was this the record before Malanichev’s 993?

No doubting his depth on that squat!!

i blame that musis for his not so awesome bench for someone who can jerk + 200 kilos in that meet