Mark Bell Poses

For those interested, his results at the Golden State Championships:

• Men’s Masters: 1st place
  • Men’s Physique: 3rd place (in two divisions)
  • Open: 2nd place

Not the most aesthetic look but decent size and conditioning for amateurs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm7ZIk2AoYl/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=n7strk471lh

3 Likes

Another weak bodybuilder.

4 Likes

Ill give credit because getting into that type of condition is not a fun process. We’re not talking about your typical powerlifter who drops a few lbs and starts thinking he’s the man all over social media, this image shows Bell must have truly gutted it out long term.

S

8 Likes

Tore the distal attachment of his left biceps DLing?

Respect to the dude for his hard work, but god damn that is one ugly physique…

2 Likes

He started losing weight a while back, then a few months ago went into full prep mode.

I’ve been following along on YouTube.

1 Like

His post on IG about the show is hilarious.

highlights include:

‘I weighed in 30 lbs over the allotted weight for someone of my height’ for classic physique, the division he initially planned to compete in. 30 POUNDS!!

‘I ended up competing in men’s physique with the shorts I wore that day and learning the pose an hour before hand’. That’s right. He puts in all the effort necessary to get shredded for a bodybuilding show, all the sacrifice and dedication, and doesn’t bother to learn a posing routine, or even the weight class requirements prior to the day of the show. I can’t express how much I absolutely love this.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m at a loss as to how body like that could win a Physique division.

How tall is he?

@BrickHead cut up for a BBing show and while we were driving there I talked him into buying a pair of board shorts. AT the venue I had one of my physique clients teach him the “poses” (which are kind of a joke compared to the BBing mandatories) and He crushed that class as well.

Bottom line is that posing won’t win a show if your physique sucks but a great physique can win a show if your posing is acceptable.

S

2 Likes

good to know. The idea of posing scares the shit out of me, lol. It’s so far out of my comfort zone.

1 Like

I’m really curious about this statement. Arash is 5’10, and he has to kill himself to make weight at about 210 lbs, and he’s ridiculously huge compared to the other Pros in Classic, and EASILY more muscled than Bell, so I can’t help but have difficulty with the humble-brag -lol

S

1 Like

looks like he previously tore a lot of his muscle

This right here. Arash is huge by comparison to the rest of the division and that is on the pro level yet he makes the weight. The weight limits for classic are not so crazy when you think someone with that level of musculature can make it.

1 Like

S

The internet tells me that Bell is 6’0, so his class would cut off at 210 lbs from what I read? Meaning he stepped on stage there at 235-240… My thought is that a) even though Bell’s conditioning is pretty good, Arash’s is better, b) Bell didn’t make an effort to make weight (no water manipulation for the purpose of making a weight class), c) perhaps muscle density factors in? With all the years that Bell lifted heavy and trained for strength, do you think maybe he’s carrying ‘heavier’ muscle in some areas? and then d) maybe Bell exaggerated a bit. I don’t see him as being someone who would do this by much, but maybe 5 lbs or so for effect.

1 Like

Look at Mark’s torso. Just guessing it looks like he has a >40" waist with ab veins. He’s probably holding a lot of weight around his midsection on obliques, abs and lower back, even lean. It totally ruins any hope of a V-Taper Look. But it’s likely an asset for powerlifting.

Mad respect to him for leaning out though. It’s cool to see a guy who has tended fatter his whole life get it done.

2 Likes

My own .02, I think the internet adds about an inch or two to just about everybody…

So maybe he came in planning to be 6 foot, an actual measurement had him a little lower, boom overweight

I don’t think so. In that group picture above, he’s clearly the tallest dude on stage. I doubt he’s under 6’

He only prepped for 8 weeks according to an IG post.

He’s one ugly SOB for sure. Big time respect, though.
Video w/ dates if anyone cares.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm43EJalDXP/?hl=en&taken-by=marksmellybell

It was far out of my comfort zone too, but with enough practice I nailed all poses, maybe except rear double bicep, but it was not that bad considering the poor posing I’ve seen on other people. It is actually very tiring and uncomfortable if done right. Though I am moderately athletic, I don’t have graceful or sleek movements (most clunky pale guys don’t) like my pal Arash, so Stu helped me with a routine that worked for me specifically.

You can do it.

1 Like