T Nation

Mariusz Pudzianowski vs. Bob Sapp KSW 19

I love freak show fights, especially when it’s 700 lbs of hormone infused beef in the ring.

Bob Sapp is a terrible fighter but i thought it was slick of Mariusz to grab that takedown when bob was standing on one leg trying to defend the blows like that.

Mariusz has a looooong way to go before anyones convinced he’s a good MMA fighter, but one thing is for sure: It would fucking suck to end up underneath him especially at the beginning of a fight when his gas tank is still full.

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:
Bob Sapp is a terrible fighter but i thought it was slick of Mariusz to grab that takedown when bob was standing on one leg trying to defend the blows like that.

Mariusz has a looooong way to go before anyones convinced he’s a good MMA fighter, but one thing is for sure: It would fucking suck to end up underneath him especially at the beginning of a fight when his gas tank is still full. [/quote]

Imma agree with this… ending up pinned underneath a fresh and angry Mariusz is the stuff nightmares are made of. He’s got a long way to go with fighting, but his sheer athleticism and raw power are scary. When even a poorly performed leg kick lifts your opponent off the ground (see his first “fight”), the potential for inflicting damage when you’ve got a good technique down is straight frightening.

looked like the ref had a hard time stopping that. Did Pud have some kind of grudge against Sapp? But I agree with audiogarden that takedown was very nice and also quite fast. While Pud is a long way from threatening anyone in the top 10 if he can hang in there and improve I’m sure we’ll see more good fights with higher level opponents.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
looked like the ref had a hard time stopping that. Did Pud have some kind of grudge against Sapp? But I agree with audiogarden that takedown was very nice and also quite fast. While Pud is a long way from threatening anyone in the top 10 if he can hang in there and improve I’m sure we’ll see more good fights with higher level opponents.[/quote]

It wasnt even that it was a good take down, i was more impressed by his awareness for such a green fighter in a fairly high profile event.

Pudz was probably pissed at Sapp…because he doesn’t come to “fight” anymore…lol.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
looked like the ref had a hard time stopping that. Did Pud have some kind of grudge against Sapp? But I agree with audiogarden that takedown was very nice and also quite fast. While Pud is a long way from threatening anyone in the top 10 if he can hang in there and improve I’m sure we’ll see more good fights with higher level opponents.[/quote]

It wasnt even that it was a good take down, i was more impressed by his awareness for such a green fighter in a fairly high profile event. [/quote]

Awareness? as if that wasn’t planned? Sapp Look like he had a 40inch vertical in that jump

[quote]ZEB wrote:

It wasnt even that it was a good take down, i was more impressed by his awareness for such a green fighter in a fairly high profile event. [/quote]

It was well timed that’s for sure.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Awareness? as if that wasn’t planned? Sapp Look like he had a 40inch vertical in that jump[/quote]

Are you suggesting the fight was fixed, or that Pud had planned to do it all along?

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Awareness? as if that wasn’t planned? Sapp Look like he had a 40inch vertical in that jump[/quote]

Are you suggesting the fight was fixed, or that Pud had planned to do it all along?[/quote]
yes

If you guys haven’t caught Helwani’s interview of Sapp:

Helwani basically asks him if he throws fights, Sapp responds with “I won’t take punishment for that kind of money”. Step in there for 40k a pop and a minute worth of “fighting”, sounds like a good deal to me.

Saap may as well check out the WWE. They’ll love his acting over there.

Fucking joke.