Marius Pudzianowski's Routine?

[quote]BradleyGrunner wrote:
Go to his website and check it out. Try his routine and you would most likely be fried within a day or so if not hospitalized!

Personally, I do not think he trains in the manner that he does on his website. I simply cannot see why this volume of training would be necessary for ANY athlete. I personally know some VERY strong dudes (not mentioning any names here to brag about who I know; and yeah, I have conversed with some WSB guys and Iron Island guys) and they do not do this![/quote]

You have to remeber Marius has been training at a professional level in sports for 15 years and has never held a day job. The amount of training his body can handle is a direct result of this and superior genetics.

You cant just start training like Marius. Very few can ever work up to a point of being able to handle this type of workload.

[quote]BigHog wrote:

Drugs? Do you mean supplements cause the strongman athletes at his level are tested for steroids.

[/quote]
LOL Good one man!

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:
gpease wrote:
Pudzianowski was later disqualified from the 2004 World’s Strongest Man contest “for a breach of the new IFSA Strongman Health Policy.” He was forced to return his prize money, stripped of the IFSA points from the event, and received a one year ban from competition. Pudzianowski did not dispute his banned substance violation and waived his right to have his B sample verified.

taken From :-

I believe this was a stimulant of some kind, not a steroid ban.

[/quote]
Oh come the fuck on. Get real.

If you share Marius’ genotype and phenotype ( ie. you’re the twin brother who didn’t work out . …), expect his protocols to work for you . .

If NOT . .then search out the one closest to your build, genes, appearance, potential (as you perceive honestly . .) and give it a whirl . .but IMHO, at 2/3 ( yes arbitrary conjecture), the volume and intensity . .as you would be side by side with the trophy winner had you the exact same life circumstances and genetics . .

For strength + hypertrophy, there’s some great routines by Waterbury and Thibadeau here . . .give them a go . .trimming as need be given your recuperative powers . . .
Even supplemented to the nine’s . .
:wink:

BTW, Mariusz’s father was an olympic weightlifter,so much Mariusz’s (notice the sp.) explosiveness and conditioning stems from that background & his martial arts training. His work capacity is tremendous, likely augmented by certain agents, but not that much.

I would not try to emulate that routine, as even he only uses such volume ~4 months pre-season, and he’s used most of his life to work up to that level. He takes A LOT of time off after something like the World’s. If you asked him what to do to get strong he would tell you to squat, deadlift, and do the o-lifts and/or overhead pressing.

Very impressive measurements by anyones standard!

Height 186 cm (6’1")

Weight 132kg (291lbs)

Chest 148cm (58in)

Nape 54cm (21in)

Waist 92cm (36in)

Thigh 80cm (31in)

Biceps 56cm (22in)

Forearm 45cm (18in)

[quote]gpease wrote:
Pudzianowski was later disqualified from the 2004 World’s Strongest Man contest “for a breach of the new IFSA Strongman Health Policy.” He was forced to return his prize money, stripped of the IFSA points from the event, and received a one year ban from competition. Pudzianowski did not dispute his banned substance violation and waived his right to have his B sample verified.

taken From :-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariusz_Pudzianowski[/quote]

It was for cocaine.

Thanks guys. Interesting stuff. I’m a strength sports fan, and Marius is the top man in his field. I would not dream of following his routine, that would be plain ass stupid baby! I just wondered how it devised his sessions, because i heard he trains with high volume and frequency.

I find what works for me by research, application and elimination. Works for me baby.

Lift on strong!!

One of the most astounding things I read about Pudizianowski is that he Bench Pressed 350 pounds as a 16 year old!

That’s some serious power for a youngster.

Anyone seeing that at such a young age had to know that Marius was blessed relative to his strength potential.

No, by all means don’t try to do his routine…