Marines Answer to Gun Control

Marine Corp’s General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other
day and you have to read his reply to the lady who Interviewed him
concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this!!!

This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to
teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We’re going to teach them climbing, canoeing,
archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That’s a bit irresponsible, isn’t it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don’t see why, they’ll be properly supervised on
the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don’t you admit that this is a terribly dangerous
activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don’t see how. We will be teaching them proper
rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you’re equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you’re equipped to be a prostitute, but you’re
not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.
You gotta love the Marines

I love it! Wahaha.

Goddamn thats fucking rich.

Great line. It’s amazing to me that someone in broadcasting can have such a narrow minded, ignorant point of view.

Assuming that teaching kids to use guns will turn them into voilent killers is like saying being a lumberjack will turn you into an axe murderer.
Rediculous!

“It’s amazing to me that someone in broadcasting can have such a narrow minded, ignorant point of view.”

Its NPR, known for it’s lopsided opinions on everything…

CLASSIC!!!

God I miss The Corps…

As great a tale as this is, it’s pure fabrication. It began life in 1999, purportedly about an “LTG Reinwald” of the US Army. In 2001 it reappeared, this time attributed to “Marine Corps General Reinwald.”

Continued at … http://www.snopes.com/military/reinwald.htm

RichM,

If you take a close look at those in “broadcasting” you will find that many (most I dare say) are against the freedom to own guns.

50,000 people per year are either killed or injured due to automobile accidents. Anyone want to ban cars?

That is a very funny story, but I’m pretty sure that it’s not true.

Ooh-Rah! You got to love how Marines will say something sometimes. I guess she learned not to challenge a Marine unless you know what you are talking about.

Funny, but false

http://www.snopes.com/military/reinwald.htm

great reply general! Semper Fi

It may be made-up but a college professor did get in trouble for making a VERY similar retort in an editorial.

But I have to disagree with everyone here. I don’t think this is a great reply. When a female interviewer assails your position, even on the cheapest terms (“you’re equipping them to become violent killers”), you don’t allude to her vagina.

It’s just not cool. She is “an interviewer,” not a “vagina that asks a lot of questions.”

Take what was said how you want to, but you dont have to have a vagina to be a prostitute. I think the statement was ment more to say just because you have the equipment and the know how you still have to have the “want to” to do so.

A thing about the military. Civillian rules don’t apply much there. When she questioned the general, she questioned his morals and judgement, which some dumb interviewer should NOT do. He gave her an answer that was TRUE, regardless of how much it offended her. What can I say? It shut her stupid ass up. A Ranger probably would have bitch-slapped her ass. RLTW

rangertab75

Brian, what do you mean?

I went out to eat the other day and left a pretty big tip for the vagina that took my order.

When I bought my last car, that vagina that files stuff, did my paper work.

And when I come home, I like to spend time with the vagina that married me.

Aren’t they all just walking vaginas?That’s how I look at it.

Fuck her! If this story is true then she got what she deserved. Don’t step into the ring and not expect to get hit. She was taking a cheap shot at him, so fuck her if he nailed her right up her ass. once again, fuck her!

I just think this hypothetical Marine commander could have made his point more intelligently, without making what is pretty much a sexual slur. There are tons of tools and objects that become dangerous only with recklessness or intent. I don’t think the NRA brochures instruct people to immediately refer to the vagina for the best argument.

In this scenario, the boy scouts being taught to shoot are also being taught some form of courtesy and gentility. We’re adults, and we should try to be respectful of one another, even when one of us falters a little bit.

“It shut her stupid ass up. A Ranger probably would have bitch-slapped her ass. ROTL.”

I know you guys are joking but you can see how the same kind of language contributes to a bad attitude about women. The sexual objectification of women is a major part of what America is fighting in the Middle East.

“She was taking a cheap shot at him, so fuck her if he nailed her right up her ass. once again, fuck her!”

See what I mean?