T Nation

Marine Shot Unarmed Civilians

Yep, and the shooting occured while they stood with their hands in the air.

The BBC summary goes as follows:

“A US Marine who led the unit accused of killing 24 Iraqi civilians in Haditha shot five men as they stood with their hands in the air, another marine said.”

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6641843.stm

I appreciated the honesty of their conclusion:

“The Haditha inquiry is just one of a number the US military has been conducting into incidents of alleged unlawful killings by US forces in Iraq.”

This is unequivocal stuff that oughta shut up PGJ who claims all none of the US soldiers are psychos/racists/supremacists/criminals. Heck, I’m sure if you give HH an M-16, he just might end up shooting Muslims for the fun.

Anyway, I reiterate my question: How do you expect the families of the 24 dead not to do whatever they can to drive you out of their land? Don’t you think chances are high that the son or little brother of one of the victims might wanna avenge his dad/bro and turn into a terrorist that carries attacks on US soil?

[quote]lixy wrote:
Heck, I’m sure if you give HH an M-16, he just might end up shooting Muslims for the fun. [/quote]

Wow, that’s quite an assertion. Who would be the victims if you were the one who was forced to carry one of those evil, murder-inducing weapons?

Every killer has his or her “reasons”. If a swede ran over my dog, would you be defending me when I blew up a swedish kennel?

[quote]lixy wrote:
Anyway, I reiterate my question: How do you expect the families of the 24 dead not to do whatever they can to drive you out of their land? Don’t you think chances are high that the son or little brother of one of the victims might wanna avenge his dad/bro and turn into a terrorist that carries attacks on US soil?[/quote]

Nope, we ignore it with a wave of the hand, call them evil terrorists, and everything is solved.

[quote]Cunnivore wrote:
Every killer has his or her “reasons”. If a swede ran over my dog, would you be defending me when I blew up a swedish kennel?[/quote]

Are you somehow comparing Iraqis to dogs? Are you also comparing the invasion of Iraq to a traffic accident? You went WAY lower than expected.

Did I mention one of the involved Marines urinated on the dead bodies?

[quote]lixy wrote:
Yep, and the shooting occured while they stood with their hands in the air.

The BBC summary goes as follows:

“A US Marine who led the unit accused of killing 24 Iraqi civilians in Haditha shot five men as they stood with their hands in the air, another marine said.”

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6641843.stm

I appreciated the honesty of their conclusion:

“The Haditha inquiry is just one of a number the US military has been conducting into incidents of alleged unlawful killings by US forces in Iraq.”

This is unequivocal stuff that oughta shut up PGJ who claims all none of the US soldiers are psychos/racists/supremacists/criminals. Heck, I’m sure if you give HH an M-16, he just might end up shooting Muslims for the fun.

Anyway, I reiterate my question: How do you expect the families of the 24 dead not to do whatever they can to drive you out of their land? Don’t you think chances are high that the son or little brother of one of the victims might wanna avenge his dad/bro and turn into a terrorist that carries attacks on US soil?[/quote]

Here is the quote from my other post where you accuse the U.S. of all kinds of horrible intentional things. Things that are not true. Most of strive to do good in the world not evil.

[i]"I pretty sure most Muslims have no idea what forgiveness means. Kindness and good will towards fellow men, that are not muslims is not taught in Islam. Hate, vengeance, murder, suicide, venom, torture and vindication are.

So to answer your question, I don’t expect the greater Muslim community to forgive any non-muslim for existing, much less for a tragic accident. If you say it was intentional, you better back it up with fact not crap from the conspiracy theory sites what you try to present garbage information as news.

Given your source I question the validity of the story. They probably attacked a terrorist school where they were indoctrination young kids to go out and fight and bathe the infidel in blood."[/i]


Our asshole marines…


What a dick head this guy is!!


Oh shit! He touched a muslim girl, he must be beheaded!!

What a prick!

Marine Drowns Saving 2 Boys Off North Carolina Beach

http://forums.military.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/69719858/m/4260004621001

Good stuff Pat.

The enemy doesn’t seem nearly as fond of Infidel Children.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21695697-601,00.html

If he did it, he should be punished and will be. How many innocent American soldiers have been killed while trying to help innocent civilians? Hopefully these insurgents will be brought to justice too. I can assure you from PERSONAL expierience, this is a rarity and I never saw it or heard of it while I was there.

[quote]lixy wrote:

Are you somehow comparing Iraqis to dogs? Are you also comparing the invasion of Iraq to a traffic accident? You went WAY lower than expected.

Did I mention one of the involved Marines urinated on the dead bodies?[/quote]

A ridiculous - and probably intentional - attempt to distract the real point: he was using the same “causation” you always remark upon and demonstrate its weakness.

It is an analogy. Don’t try your usual smokescreen of faux outrage when you know your argument is being attacked.

[quote]lixy wrote:

Are you somehow comparing Iraqis to dogs? Are you also comparing the invasion of Iraq to a traffic accident? You went WAY lower than expected.

Did I mention one of the involved Marines urinated on the dead bodies?[/quote]

I’m confident that you are smarter than that. Please don’t act stupid.
If you really need it broken down, here:

Me = Poor individual whose family member was either accidentally or intentionally killed by the actions of someone else.

dogs = loved ones, family members, or innocent bystanders wether Iraqi or American

You = You

Driver = whoever killed my dog, but has no relation whatsoever to the dogs I kill in “retaliation”.

Just like jokes, metaphors really lose a lot of their significance once you have to explain them.

With regard to the killer pissing on his victims, that makes him that much more of a sick fuck who should be (and is) removed from the battlefield.

So, ask yourself a couple of questions about these soldiers who intentionally kill civilians:

  1. Are their actions in any sense justifiable?

  2. Are they being punished for their actions?

Then ask yourself the same two questions about any given insurgent killing Iraqis or American soldiers.

Don’t deflect the question with propaganda. The question was about incensing terrorism not what heros are in the US military. I believe there is already a thread for that.

btw, that MSgt that drowned was in the same unit I once served in at Cherry Point MCAS.

How do we stop breeding terrorist that hate America? I am not asking how do we end terrorism in general but rather how do we keep from giving them reason to hate, in particular, the US.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Don’t deflect the question with propaganda. The question was about incensing terrorism not what heros are in the US military. I believe there is already a thread for that.

btw, that MSgt that drowned was in the same unit I once served in at Cherry Point MCAS.

How do we stop breeding terrorist that hate America? I am not asking how do we end terrorism in general but rather how do we keep from giving them reason to hate, in particular, the US.[/quote]

They had no reason to hate us in the first place. But they started killing us first remember? (Talking about terrorists, not Iraq)

Since they started attacking us for no reason or made up reasons how in the flying fuck do you expect US to control whether or not more are made. Perhaps the Jedi mind trick. I’d piss on a spark plug if I thought it would help.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Don’t deflect the question with propaganda. The question was about incensing terrorism not what heros are in the US military. I believe there is already a thread for that.

btw, that MSgt that drowned was in the same unit I once served in at Cherry Point MCAS.

How do we stop breeding terrorist that hate America? I am not asking how do we end terrorism in general but rather how do we keep from giving them reason to hate, in particular, the US.[/quote]

We don’t…simple as that. Why do you care to give them reasons NOT to hate us. They did BEFORE Bush ever came around. They hate us because we are DIFFERENT and do not follow THEIR way of life…it’s that simple.

The religious mix with politics, the way they behave, their core values and the way they treat their own women should be enough for you to understand that these people WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND US and our way of life…and vise versa.

Lixy…the difference is that the Marine WILL BE repremanded. He will face consequences for this action. People are evil sometimes, wherever you are. The US does not condone these actions, and as a matter of FACT, the reason why we are bogged down is because we are fighting a “civilized” or “PC” war. Go back to 1945- 1950 and we’d have BLOWN everyone up and not think twice about it.

A terrorist kills civilians and it’s praise…

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Don’t deflect the question with propaganda. The question was about incensing terrorism not what heros are in the US military. I believe there is already a thread for that.

btw, that MSgt that drowned was in the same unit I once served in at Cherry Point MCAS.

How do we stop breeding terrorist that hate America? I am not asking how do we end terrorism in general but rather how do we keep from giving them reason to hate, in particular, the US.

We don’t…simple as that. Why do you care to give them reasons NOT to hate us. They did BEFORE Bush ever came around. They hate us because we are DIFFERENT and do not follow THEIR way of life…it’s that simple.

The religious mix with politics, the way they behave, their core values and the way they treat their own women should be enough for you to understand that these people WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND US and our way of life…and vise versa.

[/quote]
NO, the parents that were indifferent before they lost their son or daughter didn’t hate us and are now no longer indifferent–meaning we just made new enemies. Do you think this is an inaccurate depiction of possible outcomes?

We can keep from making more enemies. To shake off the question with an answer such as, “they have always hated us,” is not true–in fact, that mentality is going to be our undoing.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
"I pretty sure most Muslims have no idea what forgiveness means. Kindness and good will towards fellow men, that are not muslims is not taught in Islam. Hate, vengeance, murder, suicide, venom, torture and vindication are.[/quote]

Pat, I get really concerned when I read such things. I feel the point-of-no-return has been crossed for you. You are no better than the indocrinated Islamis.

Sad that an apparently intelligent person would say such things. Sad that many more might share the same sentiment regarding Muslims.

[quote]Given your source I question the validity of the story. They probably attacked a terrorist school where they were indoctrination young kids to go out and fight and bathe the infidel in blood."
[/quote]

The BBC isn’t good enough? I can get you a hundred others if you want.