Marine in College

[quote]devilBASTARDdog wrote:
BarneyFife wrote:
I love it when people use their religion as an excuse to hit people, or in some instances kill them. Makes me all warm and bubbly inside.

No offense meant to you CD, but I just have a problem with religous violence of all kinds.

Oh, don’t worry, the Jarhead hit the professor for being a dick. That’s what Jarheads do.

DD[/quote]

Nuff’ said.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
hockechamp14 wrote:
PGJ wrote:
It’s a joke guys. Relax. An obnoxious professor gets owned by a Marine. It’s not a religious commentary, it’s a commentary on two mentalities in juxtaposition. It can also be considered a commentary on professors using their positions to spread their agenda instead of just teaching. Didn’t any of you guys have a professor you really wanted to duke it out with?

thank god someone has sanity on this thread.

I can’t believe so many people have a problem even if this was real life.

Just because you don’t “recieve messages” from god about missions doesn’t mean you can’t act on his behalf anyways if it’s your belief.

corn?y (k?rn) Pronunciation Key
adj. corn?i?er, corn?i?est
Trite, dated, melodramatic, or mawkishly sentimental.

D[/quote]

WTF,O?

BH6 wrote:
“God has a hard-on for Marines, because we kill everything we see. Marines keep heaven full of fresh souls.”

“God was here before the Marine Corps. So, you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Corps.”

Religious commentary by Gunnery Sergeant Hartman.

You make me want to reenlist.

Kill,
DD[/quote]

Yut.

FAKE- Marines cant get into college…

It takes what… a 20 on the ASVAB to get into “The Corps”?

BH6 wrote:
“God has a hard-on for Marines, because we kill everything we see. Marines keep heaven full of fresh souls.”

“God was here before the Marine Corps. So, you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Corps.”

Kill,
DD[/quote]

Or watch a lame movie about a racist drill instructer who got owned by a fat retarded oaf.

[quote]Hannibal King wrote:

It takes what… a 20 on the ASVAB to get into “The Corps”?[/quote]

Uh, oh…looks like we got another military hater. I suggest you find another thread to troll around on.

BarneyFife wrote:
I love it when people use their religion as an excuse to hit people, or in some instances kill them. Makes me all warm and bubbly inside.

No offense meant to you CD, but I just have a problem with religous violence of all kinds.

Oh, don’t worry, the Jarhead hit the professor for being a dick. That’s what Jarheads do.

DD[/quote]

Which is why he would spend the next few years in jail.

That`s what judges do.

[quote]PGJ wrote:
It’s a joke guys. Relax. An obnoxious professor gets owned by a Marine. It’s not a religious commentary, it’s a commentary on two mentalities in juxtaposition. It can also be considered a commentary on professors using their positions to spread their agenda instead of just teaching. Didn’t any of you guys have a professor you really wanted to duke it out with? [/quote]

Too many.

Too many professors, not enough profession.

I can’t believe I paid for some of those assholes.

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
I knew this passage would have lovers and haters of it. I don’t think it’s a true story.[/quote]

Nah, it’s not. I heard that story a few times while I was in. It is kinda like the LCpl who got promoted for telling a general to get his hands out of his pockets as he was walking and the guy who got “Fuck you” tattoed on the blade of his hand so officers had to read it when he saluted them. While it wouldn’t be funny or proper in real life it is a funny thing to picture this asshole getting popped.

What I find most entertaining about this story is how whiney and aloof people are on here. It’s like being at a frat house. I lived in the barracks for 4 years and when there was an issue we just choked each other out, shook hands and carried on. Here, like in a frat house, it’s like a bunch of crybabies in a sewing circle. Just my two cents, let the babies flame…now.

Mike

I’m not sure what the minimum is but I’ve known a few who have hit the high 80’s and 90’s.

laugh So you’re that guy. Funny, I had a friend just like you. Two of my friends enlisted. Most motivated guys I ever met…until boot camp. One was told he had a hearing problem and was offered a waiver. He refused it and dropped out. The other threatened to kill himself until he got sent home. Both of them are the biggest corps haters I ever met.

So my take is that you walked into the office and probably got made fun of by the recruiters for not making weight or something of the like.

The only people that actively hate the military are anti military fascist-type liberals and those that couldn’t hack it. Which one are you?

FYI, the corps requires the second highest ASVAB to get in, behind the air force.

Mike

I do have to admit, the Marines I work around here in Baghdad are a sharp bunch, most of the time. Sometimes one will slip by, though.
Regardless of the branch, the career-minded are a bunch of opinionated people. That’s what drives their dedication to what they do. How can one explain reenlisting to do this fucking shitty job that takes you to hell-holes full of asshole degenerates trying to kill you constantly, and then blend into the society? An opinionated motivated asshole, that’s who.

You gotta love the way it sucks, and appreciate benefits like tax-free beer and cigarettes. Mostly, it’s having that strong opinion of something (yourself, your pride, your tattoos, God) that makes them/us who we are and willing to do that. That’s my take on it. I won’t contest that ASVAB thing. I’ve met soldiers who couldn’t count money. No joke!

You must be a Soldier. Army of One! Hooah.

[quote]BH6 wrote:
devilBASTARDdog wrote:
BH6 wrote:

Kill,
DD

Yut.[/quote]

You’re speaking my language. I feel homesick.

I hope no one thought my comment was anti-miltary.

It doesn’t matter if he was a marine, or a banker. I just don’t like it when people use religion as a backing to do others harm.

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:

It doesn’t matter if he was a marine, or a banker. I just don’t like it when people use religion as a backing to do others harm. [/quote]

It does make a difference if he is a marine or a banker.

First, a banker did not swear to defend the constitution.

Second, he was never trained to kill.

Third, and most of all, I would not want someone with a loaded weapon close to me in a combat situation when the same someone cannot keep a cool and clear head in a fucking classroom when some moron hurts his precious little ego.

[quote]orion wrote:
BarneyFife wrote:

It doesn’t matter if he was a marine, or a banker. I just don’t like it when people use religion as a backing to do others harm.

Third, and most of all, I would not want someone with a loaded weapon close to me in a combat situation when the same someone cannot keep a cool and clear head in a fucking classroom when some moron hurts his precious little ego.[/quote]

It was all pretend. Give me a freakin’ break.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
orion wrote:
BarneyFife wrote:

Third, and most of all, I would not want someone with a loaded weapon close to me in a combat situation when the same someone cannot keep a cool and clear head in a fucking classroom when some moron hurts his precious little ego.

It was all pretend. Give me a freakin’ break.[/quote]

The pretend character is still an idiot.

[quote]grew7 wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
orion wrote:
BarneyFife wrote:

The pretend character is still an idiot.[/quote]

We get it. You don’t like Bush and you are against the war. Loud and clear.
It was a stupid story. But it hurt nobody and anybody with a little sense of self would realize the intent was innocent enough.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
grew7 wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
orion wrote:
BarneyFife wrote:

The pretend character is still an idiot.

We get it. You don’t like Bush and you are against the war. Loud and clear.
It was a stupid story. But it hurt nobody and anybody with a little sense of self would realize the intent was innocent enough.[/quote]

Not liking what the pretend character did has NOTHING to do with liking bush or the war.

I don’t like bush. But he is the president, therefore, I will respect the office of the Presidency, even if I don’t respect the man. I don’t expect that you liked clinton. But I hope that you at least respected the office of the presidency.

And please don’t call me a liberal or a conservative. There are great liberal politicians, and there are great conservative politicians. I would re-elect bill clinton in a heartbeat if he could serve a third term. However, in a race between Hillary and McCain, McCain would get my vote. In the kansas state elections this year, we have a great incumbent democrat governer. She will be getting my vote. We also have a great incumbent republican attorney general. He will be gettting my vote.

I don’t agree with the war in Iraq. However, I support the troops. They don’t have a choice, they do as they are ordered. So I have nothing at all against the soldiers, just against the policy makers that sent them to iraq.