T Nation

Marine Corps PFT

[quote]blue9steel wrote:
Gas mask run, now that’s hard core. We did Mopp-4 hikes now and then and they always made me want to die.[/quote]

I remember a Mopp-4 hike in the summer. I was able to pour the sweat out of my gloves when it was over.

Good times…

Semper Fi

[quote]blue9steel wrote:
Mikeyali wrote:
Of all the Marines on here, how often have you actually seen someone NOT get his 100 crunches? That was always kind of a given in the fleet.

Mike

Well it was 80 when I was in, but I’d have to say quite a few people didn’t max out. There are always a few slackers, fatbodies, air wing pogues, short timers, etc.[/quote]

Take it easy on the air wing pogues thing. We don’t have 2 hour mandatory PT sessions built in to our regular training day and yet we still consistently beat the grunts in head-to-head PFT’s at the Cpl’s/Sgt’s/SNCO academies. I’ll put Wing PFT scores up against the grunts any day.

[quote]PGJ wrote:

Take it easy on the air wing pogues thing. We don’t have 2 hour mandatory PT sessions built in to our regular training day and yet we still consistently beat the grunts in head-to-head PFT’s at the Cpl’s/Sgt’s/SNCO academies. I’ll put Wing PFT scores up against the grunts any day. [/quote]

Yeah, I suppose when you’re never starving your ass off on 2 hours of sleep on a week long field op in the Hawaiian/ Oki jungles, desert of the stumps, or forests of Pendleton it’s easy to get strong and keep that PFT up. But hey, every Marine is a rifleman right? I can’t think of a more disrespectful thing to say about grunts. Not that I have anything against pogues. I’ll call ya when I need a lift.

Molon Labe!

Mike