T Nation

Marin Vlahovic, Croatian PLer

Hello everyone. When i was looking some thing on the internet i found my name on this site. My name is Marin Vlahovic. I am 25 years old. I have competed in many powerlifting drug free events. For the last 2 years I was only training. I also was for a short time in MMA but due to problems with local organisations I was decided to leave the sports. I have never used steroids. I know that this sounds stupid and no truthfull but I believe that I am one of the worlds strongest drug free athletes.

My current weight is 118 kg and i can squat and benchpress easiliy over 300 kilograms. I am also studiyng for my MBA degree in a Tempus project wich is founded by the European Union. My expertise after that woud be agrobuisness. I am writing all this to you because I am not able to acomplish my goals here in Croatia. I have no sponsors, because powerlifting is not even a regular sport in Croatia. I also train people.

If anyone has any idea of how to help my promote myself and find sponsors outside my country it woud be very helpfull. Regerds, Marin Vlahovic

[quote]marinvlahovic wrote:
Hello everyone. When i was looking some thing on the internet i found my name on this site. My name is Marin Vlahovic. I am 25 years old. I have competed in many powerlifting drug free events. For the last 2 years I was only training. I also was for a short time in MMA but due to problems with local organisations I was decided to leave the sports. I have never used steroids. I know that this sounds stupid and no truthfull but I believe that I am one of the worlds strongest drug free athletes.

My current weight is 118 kg and i can squat and benchpress easiliy over 300 kilograms. I am also studiyng for my MBA degree in a Tempus project wich is founded by the European Union. My expertise after that woud be agrobuisness. I am writing all this to you because I am not able to acomplish my goals here in Croatia. I have no sponsors, because powerlifting is not even a regular sport in Croatia. I also train people.

If anyone has any idea of how to help my promote myself and find sponsors outside my country it woud be very helpfull. Regerds, Marin Vlahovic[/quote]

Even though I can’t help you, I would just like to say that it’s nice to have such fuckin strong people on this board.

Well i shoud mention that I am also available to talk and help everyone here at this forum. I believe that my experience and training methods can help others.

Well i shoud mention that I am also available to talk and help everyone here at this forum. I believe that my experience and training methods can help others.[/quote]

Lay 'em out. Let’s see how you train yourself, because I know I’d like to know. Have you ever done any Olympic lifting?

Well I havent done any serious olympic weightlifting training. Sometimes I tako 100-110 kg and I work with theat clean and jerk for a couple of reps. The base of my training is overloading with weights and a limited number of excersizes. I do benchpress and squat twice a week. Benchpress regular on Monday , close grip on Thursday.

what’s your experience with mma? what have you trained in and for how long… what special preparations did you make for fights aside from your powerlifting training

I have won medals as a junior in wrestling. I was pretty good and I used my natural power in wrestling. After that I started powerlifting but from time to time I have done some exibition sparings with various fighters from wrestling to K1. On one such sparing I made Mike Bernardo one of the K1 legends tapout. But when i decided to compete in MMA I made a huge mistage. I have been training for 1 year , wrestling, boxing and running but I didnt go to the gym at all. I lost about 20 kilograms and much of my power. My cardio was very good but my biggest advantage strengh was pretty much gone. I had a fight versus a experienced fighter from Slovakia in wich I dominated with punches even knocking the oponnent once during the fight. I aloved him to get up and recover and later during the fight he made a good knee kick to my chin. I lost my balance and I was on the flor. The problem is that I broke the leg at that moment so I wasnt able to continue the fight. But I shall be back. Sonner or later.

Time to ask what I’m sure you always get asked: Have you trained with Cro Cop?

No i havent and I am in very bad relations with him. His partner ows me some money and they dont like me because I am against some things that they are doing. I respect him as a fighter of course but as a men he disapointed me.

Hello everyone. When i was looking some thing on the internet i found my name on this site. My name is Marin Vlahovic. I am 25 years old. I have competed in many powerlifting drug free events.

For the last 2 years I was only training. I also was for a short time in MMA but due to problems with local organisations I was decided to leave the sports. I have never used steroids. I know that this sounds stupid and no truthfull but I believe that I am one of the worlds strongest drug free athletes.

My current weight is 118 kg and i can squat and benchpress easiliy over 300 kilograms. I am also studiyng for my MBA degree in a Tempus project wich is founded by the European Union. My expertise after that woud be agrobuisness.

I am writing all this to you because I am not able to acomplish my goals here in Croatia. I have no sponsors, because powerlifting is not even a regular sport in Croatia. I also train people.

If anyone has any idea of how to help my promote myself and find sponsors outside my country it woud be very helpfull. Regerds, Marin Vlahovic[/quote]

I am from Croatia and I have seen Marin Vlahovic bench-press 340 kg for 3 reps.
If I havent seen this with my own eyes I wouldnt believe it!!!
340 kg 3 times!!!
And this guy is only 110-120 kg of body weight.
Its a mystery to me why powerlifter of such caliber is not known world-wide.

Tony

I will post some impressive pics of Marin later!

This is a picture of this great powerlifter posing.
I couldnt find a picture of him lifting but i am sure there are some.

Here is another one!

I also found a picture of his training partner Zuber,who is about 240 lb.

This is a picture of croatian powerlifter benching while using low-quality equipment!

Tony

[quote]luburic wrote:
This is a picture of this great powerlifter posing.
I couldnt find a picture of him lifting but i am sure there are some.[/quote]

Build of Marin Vlahovic remainds me of Pride champion Fedor Emilianenko!
Same torso thickness!
After watching many powerlifters bench,I can say I have never seen anybody benching so fast—his concentric lifting phase is so short,its unbelieveble!

What is very interesting,Marin Vlahovic has his own original training methods.
During some training phases he was doing over 1000 push-ups a day.
I read about this in a Croatian combat magazine Bushido.

When asked about nutrition he said he eats a lot and only watches to ingest enough protein.
Cause someone mentioned another great Croat Mirko Crocop Filipovic,here is a pic of him!

Barnet takes middle kick.Courtesy of Mirko!

Tough Silva manhandled by Mirko!

Future of Croatian MMA!