Marilyn Monroe

Personally I have always been a huge fan of Marilyn Monroe…she was such a beautiful person and I have never seen these pictures and they actually make me like her more, I think it would be great to hang these up in a gym simply because so many women idolize her and I think maybe it would modivate more of them to actually lift weights and not just hoard around the cardio machines.

[quote]shellyjean86 wrote:
Personally I have always been a huge fan of Marilyn Monroe…she was such a beautiful person and I have never seen these pictures and they actually make me like her more, I think it would be great to hang these up in a gym simply because so many women idolize her and I think maybe it would modivate more of them to actually lift weights and not just hoard around the cardio machines.[/quote]

You will fit in here just fine!

I cant believe ive never seen these photos either.
Interesting how someone who has long since past can still inspire others.

the waist measurement thing baffles me

did she really have such a small waist? My 6 year old who never stops tearing around is about 10% bf and has a 21" waist

or is it just marketing hype and in reality she was 25 ish?

That image is on the wall of my gym. Always been a big fan of that picture.

I noticed there is no, “I’d hit it” yet.

So, I’d hit it.

[quote]legend wrote:

did she really have such a small waist? My 6 year old who never stops tearing around is about 10% bf and has a 21" waist

or is it just marketing hype and in reality she was 25 ish?[/quote]

I’m pretty sure that published women’s measurements are often lies. Hot women can come in a range of sizes, yet you rarely see measurements other than 34/36-22/24-34/26.

A women who’s 5’10" or taller can have a 26 or 28" waist as part of an hourglass figure and still be but you rarely see a waist measurement larger than 24" because people read that and think “fat!”

I’ve read that the waist to hips ratio is more important than the actual numbers - .7 being ideal. By that standard, a tall T-vixen with 40 inch muscular hips and a 28 inch waist will still get our attention.

[quote]Captain Glanton wrote:
Seriously. I wish that actresses these days looked more like her. There are a few that do, but you gotta look for them, because they sure as hell don’t make it onto those celebrity-roundup shows.

Anyone remember Liz Hurley’s “If I were as fat as MM, I’d kill myself”?[/quote]

Scarlett Johansson is one of them IMHO, stunning.

Liz Hurley is an idiot. She’ll never be anything close to what Marilyn was. Scarlett on the other hand…ssssmokes.

mmmmmm vintage bintage :slight_smile:

good find.

For modern day women, Scarlett Johanson is, bar none, the hottest celebrity woman out there at the moment (IMO).

Cheers.

36D? That doesn’t jive with my eyeball calibration. I wonder if cup sizes were different back then too?

I read a Playboy interview of someone professionally close to Marilyn, and the stories he told were interesting. Apparently she had an enema fetish and did some crazy sexual stuff regularly.

Having said that, I’d hit it.

[quote]Shoebolt wrote:

Hottest chick in Hollywood. Ever.

[/quote]

Amen to that. I can’t find my all time favorite pic of her online, so maybe this one will do.

[quote]Kratos wrote:
Liz Hurley is an idiot. She’ll never be anything close to what Marilyn was. Scarlett on the other hand…ssssmokes.[/quote]

Scarlett is superior to Marilyn in my opinion - a better actress, more beautiful and not a complete nutbag. Marilyn was pretty groundbreakingly tough for the times though considering all she went through. Although there were tougher women back then in Hollywood.

[quote]legend wrote:

or is it just marketing hype and in reality she was 25 ish?[/quote]

It’s possible, people with small frames can have really thin waists, a girl on my floor has a 23" waist, and she’s thin but not unhealthy thin.

But no way in hell was she a D cup. More like B or C.

[quote]T-Bone81 wrote:
I may get flamed for this one, but I came across this picture, and it just strikes me as a candidate for a powerful image, if only because of when it was taken.[/quote]

For the record, it is a sad day when someone thinks they will get flamed for posting a picture of one of the few world wide famous chicks in history with HIPS.

[quote]Kratos wrote:
Liz Hurley is an idiot. She’ll never be anything close to what Marilyn was. Scarlett on the other hand…ssssmokes.[/quote]

Didn’t Liz have a diet where one of the meals was 3 raisins.

Not 4.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
For the record, it is a sad day when someone thinks they will get flamed for posting a picture of one of the few world wide famous chicks in history with HIPS.[/quote]

These are very sad days, especially in holywood. All the tabloid bullshit on stars and whats hot and whats not and we end up with eating disorder travesties like this!

How dare they ruin that!! sobs

After this thread I’ve been thinking about women in holywood, and am realising there are very few that actually have good figures, sad indeed.

[quote]tassie wrote:
Professor X wrote:
For the record, it is a sad day when someone thinks they will get flamed for posting a picture of one of the few world wide famous chicks in history with HIPS.

These are very sad days, especially in holywood. All the tabloid bullshit on stars and whats hot and whats not and we end up with eating disorder travesties like this!

How dare they ruin that!! sobs
.[/quote]

What happened to the titties?