T Nation

Marijuana Use

Moving a topic from an off topic discussion.

Personally I find Sativa heavy hybrids or straight sativa strains more enjoyable. Indica just flatten me and make me paranoid and zombified. I can get stuff done on Sativa strains. Sativa strains tend to be higher in CBD and lower in THC thus impart a bit more of the health benefits of cannabidiol (CBD). They tend to be uplifting, energetic, euphoric, creative, and inspiring.

One of my favorites is Jack Skellington.

https://www.leafly.com/sativa/jack-skellington

For All You AI Preachers

So with the CBD oils can you pass a drug test?

I’m interested in the health benefits of CBD oil I just dont wanna get high and i have to do drug test for work all the time.

It’s unlikely that CBD will show up in a drug test. If you have to take one for employment, chances are they will be screening for cannabis. But that actually means they’re looking for the presence of THC or THC metabolites—not CBD. Technically, CBD is a chemical, and if you ingest it, your body will metabolize it, so it can be detected. But the average drug test is not designed to pick up CBD, or any other compounds found in cannabis other than THC, says Brenda Gannon, a toxicologist and laboratory director at Steep Hill Arkansas. She says that “because CBD is chemically distinct from THC, it is unlikely that pure CBD would be detected in these types of drug tests. However, hemp-based CBD products often contain trace amounts of THC." (This is because some researchers believe that a tiny bit of THC enhances the effects of CBD.) @alldayeveryday

CBD oil can have trace amounts of THC it could throw a positive in a pee test.
You just need to time it like guys who smoke and also have to be tested regularly for work.

I tried one of those 100buck bottle of CBD. I was not impressed still have half the bottle with no interest anymore. I’m sure it works for some but not me. If you want to read up check out Charlotte’s Web that is where I bought from here in Colorado. They are one of the best.

Are they random? THC can usually be detectable up to 8 days in the urine.

I have annual test along randoms throughout the year.

Not worth it then. Testing will get better, especially where it is legal. I mean if my company were to do testing, they don’t past initial, they would have to be able to tell me I used it on company time.

I agree. If it truely was some miracle it might be worth risking your job over but even then if you really like your job I would not take the chance.

I’m curious, not because I want to go out and try all these different strains but because I’m actually curious. Does the strain and type of marijuana (indica/sativa) ACTUALLY make a difference? Seriously, isn’t it just all marijuana. The chemical makeup of the flower may be different however THC is THC isn’t it? So some might get you more high than others and some may be more calming (depending on level of CBD, CBN etc), however when people are like “ooooh this one makes me creative and this one turns me into a carrot” I’m thinking BS, because they’re both weed

If someone gave you strain A and strain B unmarked, would you actually be able to tell the difference or is it like those people who taste vodka where all vodka tastes like mouthwash but some people are like “hmmmm a hint of pine and vanilla” and I’m like “hmmmm smells like petrol, tastes like mouthwash”

Nope I know many folks who have different experiences from each type. They have different chemicals and different strengths in each. Some are so strong now a days you feel overwhelmed like you are tripping. There is a good few articles explaining this phenom. I don’t smoke though.

CBD is hit or miss. Many folks complain it does not work. My client who sells this stuff told me it’s because allot of CBD is fake or very low in CBD. It’s a big problem. You have to buy from a reputable source. You will feel the effects of Real CBD. You don’t feel anything. Unless you take it for just a day or two.

I’ll try soon and follow up with you guys.

Dude…they are ALL so different. Check out the link I put up in my first post and just go through and see how they affect you based on the charts. So far they have identified 113 cannabinoids and each strain has different ones that affect you differently. Some are great for pain, some for focus, some for hunger, etc, etc, etc.

I wouldn’t smoke either. You can eat or use smokeless fumes … not sure how harmful that is. This shit makes me lazy anyways.

Yeah I never smoke and only occasionally eat it (its takes too long to take affect). I have an electronic flower vaporizer that only heats the ground bud up and doesn’t burn it.

I can crush a good workout on the right weed. Complete focus and energy. I don’t do that regularly but have experimented.

Yard work while a bit high on sativa is the best. Completely driven and focused and throw a cool podcast in and you are in full comprehension mode too. Hey if I’m going to spend 6 hours on a Saturday doing yard work why not be a little lifted and do some learning at the same time. No Dr. Rhonda Patrick though…you need to take notes with her.

Then you have most likely only experienced indica weed.

Yah it’s been atleast 15 years. I didn’t get any good stuff … occasionally some icky icky in Colorado when I moved there… I would say yah that stuff gave me more energy. Dirt weed blah.

Used to love playing my pc games for hours on end stoned out of my mind.

Any of you experience more anxiety when smoking pre TRT or when your T lvl was low?

Pre TRT (TT<200) I had a couple smokes that just were no fun at all. The high made me super paranoid and it wasn’t for fear of getting busted. Rec is legal here and I was home.

Since I’ve up my T by quite a bit my tolerance has improved but I don’t know the dam shit is just too strong.
For you guys that drink but don’t smoke its like1 shot of 80 proof whiskey will feel like 6 shots all at once.

@unreal24278 I’ve asked that same question to my stoner friends and their reply was weed is weed but with experience one can start to feel slightly different. I just don’t do it enough these days to feel the difference. They all knock my dick in the dirt.

Oh snap I totally forgot. I went to Jamaica and couldn’t resist smoking uo a couple years ago. Well almost a year… what’s odd is there weed sucked. It was brown and similar to the dirt weed from the Midwest.

I hated it. I had low T then and the experience was horrible. I found it to be a totally diffeeent experience from what I recalled. I was so paranoid and had so much anxiety I had to leave the room and walk around the resort for an hour… lollzzz my wife says weed doesn’t work on her. She took a puff and didn’t even feel it… glad I’m not her .

Actually I rarely drink and six shots won’t have me even the slightest bit tipsy. I have an absolutely absurd alcohol tolerance. I don’t talk about it because when I tell people exactly how much I can tolerate they immidiately think I’m a big drinker/alcoholic or they don’t believe me, but I’m not, I’ve always just been that way and it makes no sense at all. Wonder if I have the ADH1B2 mutation (so acetomaldehyde buildup would be very minimal)

It does appear to run in the family though (high tolerance)

I hadn’t tried it pre TRT so I wouldn’t know.

I do feel as if having a conversation about recreational drug use on a bodybuilding/trt forum is slightly innapropriate. My fault for bringing it up in the first place tho. Sorry about that, I didn’t expect it to spur into a large topic lol

The Sativa/Indica thing is largely a myth. Most strains now are a mix, but some are still more energetic and some more “couch lock”.

As I understand it effects can differ depending on the level of THC/CBD, the ratio of the two and the “entourage effect” of the other various combinations of 200 plus cannabinoids.

If you really want to go for it try “Dabs” or cannabis concentrates, the average bud THC is around 20-25% whereas the oils or crumbles are around 80-90%.

The two major types of cannabis plants are Indica and Sativa. Each strain has it’s own range of effects on the body and mind resulting in a wide range of medicinal benefits. Indica strains generally provide a sense of deep body relaxation. Sativa strains tend to provide a more energizing experience.

Typically, cannabis Indica plants are short, bushy plants with wide leaves. Indica plants typically grow faster and have a higher yield than the sativa variety. Medicine produced from cannabis Indica plants have higher CBD and lower THC counts.
The major qualities of Indica medicinal strains include:

• increased mental relaxation
  • muscle relaxation
  • decreases nausea
  • decreases acute pain
  • increases appetite
  • increases dopamine (a neurotransmitter that helps control the brain’s reward and pleasure centers)
  • for night time use

Cannabis Sativa plants are opposite of the Indica strains and grow tall and thin with narrow leaves. Sativa plants are also generally a lighter shade of green then their counterpart, the Indica strain. Sativa strains take longer to grow, mature, and require more light. Medicine produced from cannabis Sativa plants have lower CBD and higher THC counts.
The major qualities of Sativa medicinal strains include:

• anti-anxiety
  • anti-depressant
  • treats chronic pain
  • increases focus and creativity
  • increases serotonin (a neurotransmitter involved in the regulation of learning, mood, sleep, anxiety and appetite)
  • for day time use

That is the difference between the 2 major types . There is also a lot of hybrids where they cross pollinate the 2 to create new strains. So you could have like a 60% sativa and 40% indica.