Marijuana Should Be Legal

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
retailboy wrote:
If the leagalization of Marijuana reduces the consumption of it then we will GREATLY reduce terrorist groups funding.

Oh, you’re one of those people. Yes, importing marijuana and marijuana use in the U.S. is the chief source of funding terrorist groups. Now it all makes sense.[/quote]

If I’m not mistaken, the terrorists are getting funding from opiates – heroin derivatives and the link.

I agree on legalization of marijuana. Not so sure as we move up the chain toward “harder” drugs or those with more lasting detrimental effects.

At the very least, it seems to me that we’d save a whole heap of money from imprisoning people for pot, and we’d raise a bunch of money in taxes.

[quote]retailboy wrote:
If the leagalization of Marijuana reduces the consumption of it then we will GREATLY reduce terrorist groups funding.[/quote]

Hmmmm, since about half of all cannabis consumed in the U.S. is grown in the U.S., are these domestic terrorists?

Alcohol is no longer a source of income among organized crime. Why? Because it’s legal.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
mertdawg wrote:
Also, where do you want your kids going to buy their weed?

If they are kids, they shouldn’t be buying weed. What part are you missing? Why should grown men and women have to be treated like kids just because kids exist?[/quote]

They are going to buy it the same place they but beer and cigarettes.

At the store with fake ID’s.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
mertdawg wrote:
Also, where do you want your kids going to buy their weed?

If they are kids, they shouldn’t be buying weed. What part are you missing? Why should grown men and women have to be treated like kids just because kids exist?[/quote]

Yes. (Although personally, I don’t have a problem with teenagers and college students getting high) But that’s a different issue

Weed is way too dangerous to legalize. I once had a friend who smoked weed and it made him go crazy and kill a bunch of people then he cut off his own face and ate it.

Ok it wasn’t weed it was PCP but they are practicly the same thing, and is wasn’t my friend it was an email I got from a friend but you get the idea.

marijuana growers do support terrorist though, that’s an undisputable fact. I saw it on a TV commercial.

[quote]Flop Hat wrote:
Weed is way too dangerous to legalize. I once had a friend who smoked weed and it made him go crazy and kill a bunch of people then he cut off his own face and ate it.

Ok it wasn’t weed it was PCP but they are practicly the same thing, and is wasn’t my friend it was an email I got from a friend but you get the idea.

marijuana growers do support terrorist though, that’s an undisputable fact. I saw it on a TV commercial.[/quote]

It also makes hot girls tear up their kitchens with a skillet and then say, “this is your brain on drugs”.

[quote]mertdawg wrote:
Gregus wrote:
rsg wrote:
I agree - the good outweighs the bad when it’s put to good use, in other words when it’s not smoked.

Exactly! Thats’ why we bake it into brownies.

You are leaving words out of sentences man.[/quote]

ohhhh sorry about that. Typing on an empty stomach sucks.

[quote]Flop Hat wrote:

marijuana growers do support terrorist though, that’s an undisputable fact. I saw it on a TV commercial.[/quote]

flop hat your buggin, and i truley hope u were jokin, pcp is a man made chemical that u dip ur inhailent into, weed is just the fruit of the female plant, i’ve been puffin since i was 10 years old (introduced by my older brother becuase i threaten to drop dime on his ass)

i’m 41 now, still puff, workout 3 to 4 days a week, sometimes even high, and i’ve never hurt myself or others nor have i’ve every heard of anyone wantin to beef while they were lifted, all u wanna do is eat and in my case draw some art, try doing any of these on alcohol or any other stimulant/depressant…

there are different levels of thc in different strains, up(work, lifting, creating), mid, down(veg time)…the only reason weed is still illegal becuase the gov. knows anyone can grow it so it’s harder to contain and tax, shit going to your corner bodega might support terrorism these days…chillax, throw on some music, roll one and solve most of the worlds probs.
one!

I am pro marijuana legalization. Not just for medical purposes. I personally believe all drugs should be legal I know most will disagree with me. But America has lost the war on drugs. You should not have to pay a doctor to prescribe medicine you could give your self. Maybe one exception would be antibiotics .Because if you misuse them you could affect everyone.

[quote]Flop Hat wrote:

The worst thing about cannabis is that it will make black men rape white women, seriously I saw it in an informational movie once. From the 30’s!

[quote]They are going to buy it the same place they but beer and cigarettes.

At the store with fake ID’s.
[/quote]

Well getting a fake ID is a lot harder than just talking to the guy in your English class. You can buy weed from your classmates who can’t even drive, you can’t buy beer from them.

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
I agree on legalization of marijuana. Not so sure as we move up the chain toward “harder” drugs or those with more lasting detrimental effects.

At the very least, it seems to me that we’d save a whole heap of money from imprisoning people for pot, and we’d raise a bunch of money in taxes.[/quote]

I think that was the argument for alchol way back when…I suppose you could make that argument for just about any drug.

[quote]ToShinDo wrote:
Well getting a fake ID is a lot harder than just talking to the guy in your English class. You can buy weed from your classmates who can’t even drive, you can’t buy beer from them.
[/quote]

I haven’t had to use a fake ID for a long time.

Way back when, our drivers license was paper (no picture). It was easy as hell to change it or use someone elses.

I used my brothers old license for years.

Marijuana should be made legal for women at least once a month…and they should get it free!

As it stands right now, Alcohol imposes far greater costs on society than any other drug, legal or illegal; therefore having alcohol legal and marijuana illegal is very hypocritical. I’m a big believer that victimless crimes, such as drug use, should not be crimes at all. Why? So much money is wasted enforcing these laws that could be more efficiently used elsewhere. These are voluntary transactions we’re talking about, after all.

Regulation would be the best policy; as it would make consumption safer, higher quality, cheaper, etc. Basing laws on moral standards is generally not as good an idea as most people think.

Actually, I do think the argument is quite similar. And I think the potential societal harm v. potential societal good from legalization are quite similar. I fail to see how we would benefit if keg parties engendered multi-year federal sentences for “possession with intent to distribute.”

As I said, I think the crux of the argument is the harm the particular drug causes – some substances, like heroin, I would think too dangerous in terms of potential harm, but the balancing calculation would be the same. I suppose you could add: “legalize for medical prescriptions only” to the list of possibilities.

In legalizing marijuana, it would be put to the same rules as alcohol. So DUI would be punishable. Underage purchase as well. Selling it would require a license. Growing your own would be legal as well. This does not pose a problem however because lets face it- who wants a big weed plant smelling up your house all the time? I mean I love the smell of some chronic, but not in my living room. Government would make huge $ on taxation. It could all go to social security.

This will not happen however until my generation (you know the MTV generation hah, i am 20 [diabetic also hence the name]) is able to get elected into house/senate positions. It is unfortunate but that is just how it is. Old people need to wisen up and realize what they’re missing out on.

I cannot count how much money I have blown due to being arrested for mj possesion- in the thousands and I am not from a wealthy family. That money could have gone into the economy. So could the money I have spent on illegal marijuana. US policy makers are fucking morons, it makes me ashamed to be a citizen here.

[quote]insulininjection wrote:
In legalizing marijuana, it would be put to the same rules as alcohol. So DUI would be punishable. Underage purchase as well. Selling it would require a license. Growing your own would be legal as well. This does not pose a problem however because lets face it- who wants a big weed plant smelling up your house all the time? I mean I love the smell of some chronic, but not in my living room. Government would make huge $ on taxation. It could all go to social security.

This will not happen however until my generation (you know the MTV generation hah, i am 20 [diabetic also hence the name]) is able to get elected into house/senate positions. It is unfortunate but that is just how it is. Old people need to wisen up and realize what they’re missing out on.

I cannot count how much money I have blown due to being arrested for mj possesion- in the thousands and I am not from a wealthy family. That money could have gone into the economy. So could the money I have spent on illegal marijuana. US policy makers are fucking morons, it makes me ashamed to be a citizen here. [/quote]

Your comment sounds like so many I heard in the late 60’s and 70’s. So I would not hold my breath.

Before you jump on this bandwagon, research what happened to China with opium addiction in the early 1800’s. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

[quote]reddog6376 wrote:
Before you jump on this bandwagon, research what happened to China with opium addiction in the early 1800’s. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. [/quote]

If I am not mistaken until prohibition all drugs were legal. Some one please correct me if I am wrong.