Marijuana = Low T?

Ive read studies that confirm that with the use of marijuana is linked to a decrease in test, LH, and FSH production. Also, it confirms that chronic users are at a higher risk ED and infertility.

The reason im asking this is because from what ive experienced with weed, it effects me in opposite fashion. Just note im not a chronic user or have not ever been on gear. I’ll maybe light up once a month or so to relax and forget about all the bullshit in my life.

When I smoke, I become very focused. My erections are the best they are and libido through the roof. My vasularity is evidently increased. Everything from a physical stand point looks on the up and up for T levels.

Does anyone else have similar experiences? Are these just bullshit politics made to fear people out of smoking it?

Just curious to see where people stand on this.

there was an article on this the other day.

Personally, I smoke weed and inject testosterone. Best of both

[quote]Yogi wrote:
there was an article on this the other day.

Personally, I smoke weed and inject testosterone. Best of both[/quote]

I did read that article. It was unconclusive. Basically, there’s no real evidence to approve or disprove the effects as the author mentions in the end. Since my experience is conflicting to that article, my understanding did not change.

As far as im considered, I see zero negatives from it. Except from the smoke itself, but now there are vaporizers that work wonders. It’s a sleep aid, anti-anxiety, anti-depressive, appetite booster, and libido booster all in one little green plant.

But in due time, ill have to see what you mean by “best of both”.

I have had no issues with smoking almost daily, both in my training and success in my life.

Sometimes I may light up before going to the gym and am able to train much harder. I think it helps me forget about all the stressors going on in my life and I am able to be in the gym, in the moment, and focus on moving the weight.

I have read some studies that it temporarily decreases test, but there were no conclusions drawn with regards to long term test levels. With the legalization in a few US states, study and education will be where a good portion of the tax dollars go. We will have a much better idea of MJ and its effects 5 years from now.

This article references about a dozen different studies on marijuana and testosterone levels:

www.anabolicmen.com/cannabis-and-testosterone-levels/

And the answer to your question is yes. Marijuana use does decrease T levels.

Definitely politics, just like smoking, alcohol and women’s rights.

if I recall correctly, THC is an androgen receptor antagonist

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
This article references about a dozen different studies on marijuana and testosterone levels:

And the answer to your question is yes. Marijuana use does decrease T levels.[/quote]

Again, as the author concludes, the evidence is inconclusive.

To me, if that were all true, I would never of posted this question.

I think there just may be no answer or conclusive evidence to the subject regarding T levels in men. Like AAS, it affects everyone differently in either a negative or positive manner. My guess is once the states continue to legalize it, more human studies will give us a better answer to whether it is in fact an androgen receptor antagonist.

Until then, puff puff pass.

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

And the answer to your question is yes. Marijuana use does decrease T levels.[/quote]

Again, as the author concludes, the evidence is inconclusive.

To me, if that were all true, I would never of posted this question.
[/quote]

What’s conclusive is it definitely and significantly lowers T levels in the short term. A significant reduction is found in the 24 hours following use. The level of long term reduction is what is inconclusive. However, keep in mind that short term adds up to longterm. By which I mean, if you smoke marijuana once a week for a long period of time, then your T levels over the long period will be significantly reduced overall due to the days when your T is lowered after smoking. Essentially, regular marijuana use over the long term will significantly lower your T due to the cumulative effect of the short term reductions.