Marijuana: Class One Anabolic Supreme?

[quote]mindeffer01 wrote:
ParanoidStrength wrote:
Im looking for more sights and listen Im not against marijuana Im all for it, medical and social. 2 things first: when has a man ever got high and beat his wife…or who was high and got into a bar fight or streetfight…doesnt happen

I say make marijuana legal and ban alcohol…Also it cured my insomnia after 2 years of trying everything…I began smoking and slept 14 hours the first night after 2 years of 2-3 hour nights

You have never seen the side of it that I have. Have someone steal a few thousand dollars worth from you and then tell me you don’t want them dead.

The ugly shit doesn’t happen at the street level. It happens a little further up the chain. Legalizing it might help in that regard, but the argument that no one gets hurt is bullshit from too many angles.[/quote]

As was pointed out, the biggest flaw in your logic is not understanding that by making it illegal, you create the black market for it. Along with that comes “the ugly shit that doesn’t happen at street level”. The war on drugs creates a war to be fought.

[quote]ParanoidStrength wrote:
3) NEW STUDY FINDS POT DOESN’T LOWER TESTOSTERONE

A new study by Dr. Robert Block at the University of
Iowa disputes the commonly held notion that marijuana alters
the level of testosterone and other sex hormones.

The study contradicted a widely publicized 1974 study
by Dr. R.C. Kolodony, which reported decreased testosterone
levels in men who smoked marijuana chronically.

The U. of Iowa study found that chronic marijuana use
had no effect on testosterone, luteinizing hormone, follicle
stimulating hormone, prolactin and cortisol in men or women.

Noting that six other studies had failed to show
lowered testosterone levels in men, Dr. Block concluded: “It
appears that marijuana, even heavy use of the kind that’s
typical in the United States, doesn’t alter testosterone levels.”

However, he cautioned that heavy use might have other
adverse effects, including “possible effects on reproductive
function and mild, selective cognitive impairments associated
with heavy, chronic use.”

Block’s study is published in Drug and Alcohol
Dependence, Vol. 28: 121-8 (1991).

http://paranoia.lycaeum.org/marijuana/facts/3-mj-myths[/quote]

This was more of what I was referring to. Most info being spread about it affecting testosterone was based on very biased studies done in the 70’s. No recent studies, to my knowledge, have shown this to be the case.

The reality is, you will still have those who will spread the negative…simply because it fits an agenda.

Based on anectotal (my observations) evidence- When I smoked weed I was weak and lacked drive. When I quit, I got a lot stronger and became more ambitious. The people that worked below me that smoked were weak and had no drive. They got fired.
[/quote]

What did you do, smoke up before work?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
ParanoidStrength wrote:
3) NEW STUDY FINDS POT DOESN’T LOWER TESTOSTERONE

A new study by Dr. Robert Block at the University of
Iowa disputes the commonly held notion that marijuana alters
the level of testosterone and other sex hormones.

The study contradicted a widely publicized 1974 study
by Dr. R.C. Kolodony, which reported decreased testosterone
levels in men who smoked marijuana chronically.

The U. of Iowa study found that chronic marijuana use
had no effect on testosterone, luteinizing hormone, follicle
stimulating hormone, prolactin and cortisol in men or women.

Noting that six other studies had failed to show
lowered testosterone levels in men, Dr. Block concluded: “It
appears that marijuana, even heavy use of the kind that’s
typical in the United States, doesn’t alter testosterone levels.”

However, he cautioned that heavy use might have other
adverse effects, including “possible effects on reproductive
function and mild, selective cognitive impairments associated
with heavy, chronic use.”

Block’s study is published in Drug and Alcohol
Dependence, Vol. 28: 121-8 (1991).

http://paranoia.lycaeum.org/marijuana/facts/3-mj-myths

This was more of what I was referring to. Most info being spread about it affecting testosterone was based on very biased studies done in the 70’s. No recent studies, to my knowledge, have shown this to be the case.

The reality is, you will still have those who will spread the negative…simply because it fits an agenda.[/quote]

True regardless pot makes you weaker, less focused,and lowers intensity. All leading to decreased weight lifting strength and endurance thus turning you into a smaller, less defined, weaker lifter. So to achieve maximum potetial smoking and lifting dont go together.

[quote]ParanoidStrength wrote:
True regardless pot makes you weaker, less focused,and lowers intensity. All leading to decreased weight lifting strength and endurance thus turning you into a smaller, less defined, weaker lifter. So to achieve maximum potetial smoking and lifting dont go together.
[/quote]

How would it make you weaker? Look, no one here is recommending that kids smoke weed. However, much of the myth surrounding it comes from people who are so against anyone using it, that they make up shit as they go along so that they can convince others not to use it. Truth should be the goal, not some muddled use of half-truths just to fit an agenda.

The truth is, chinese immigrants/cheap labor used opium during the building of early railroads when the American west was first being colonized. It helped them perform menial tasks for long periods of time without fatigue. In that line of thinking, what the original poster wrote as far as how marijuana could affect repetitive tasks makes more sense than not. While marijuana may decrease “focus”, taking the stance that this leads to a decrease in strength or that some wouldn’t be able to still focus while using it is a jump to conclusions.

…Look, no one here is recommending that kids smoke weed. However, much of the myth surrounding it comes from people who are so against anyone using it, that they make up shit as they go along so that they can convince others not to use it. Truth should be the goal, not some muddled use of half-truths just to fit an agenda.
[/quote]

Agreed. I still don’t understand why everyone in the US thinks pot is evil…I see far worse crimes as a result of booze.

You are truly an idiot. Ask any cop and you will find that smokers do beat their wives, etc. I was a cop for 25 years and arrested plenty of people high on weed while they were driving. Yeah right let’s legalize another intoxicant for the public to consume and get in their cars and drive.

And just because you are big doesnt defer you from getting shot or knifed. It makes it all the more likely. Dumbass statment!

OK so tell me how this makes it right?

I was a police officer in a large metropolitan police dept. for almost 20 yrs. I worked as a narcotics detective for many of those yrs. From my point of view the war on drugs would be a joke if it weren’t so tragic. It’s un-winnable. It’s like pissing in the ocean. Our efforts to combat the problem have made no difference as far as stemming the tide of drug abuse in this country. What a waste of man power and resources; resources that could be better used to solve other problems in our society.

The loss of life in the war on drugs is staggering. I have lost several friends in this “war”. Has it made any positive difference? Hell no! We still have more and more people becoming addicted to drugs everyday. You’d think after the prohibition of alcohol we would have learned our lesson. All the U.S. government has done is made a lot of bad people very wealthy. By fighting the war on drugs the U.S. government has helped fund other illegal and terrorist activities. Where do you think the lion’s share of poppy comes from? You guessed it; the Middle East. It’s their largest cash cow next to oil.

The best analogy for the war on drugs is just like a bad workout routine: If you keep doing the same thing and aren’t getting results then what makes you think by continuing the same routine the results will change?

My suggestion is legally allow pharmaceutical companies to manufacture, produce, distribute and control the quality of these drugs. Allow them to be sold legally and tax it just like tobacco and alcohol. Use those tax dollars exclusively to fund treatment facilities and educational programs.

Now you’ve taken the black market out of the equation. Law enforcement would be able to redirect that manpower and those resources to fight real crime and terrorism. Problem solved.

A lot of people will say by legalizing drugs you are encouraging drug use. Guess what? By making drugs illegal you encourage use and abuse. It’s like forbidden fruit. Think about it. I don’t know too many people getting shot in drive by shootings over cigarettes and beer. Instead of learning from their mistakes the government is only compounding them.

Now the government has all but banned steroids. How many people on this site have stopped using them because of the ban? Has it helped curb the curiosity of young people about them? If anything you probably have more young people interested in steroids then ever because now it’s become a mainstream social issue. Before it was banned in athletics the average person in this country knew very little if anything about them. Now because of the ban and ensuing media hype over them everyone thinks they know something about them. And almost all of the information the general public has about them is incorrect. Is any of this sounding familiar? Anybody remember “Reefer Madness”?

Well I could rant on, but this post is already too long and I think everyone gets the point.

This is just my experience and humble opinion.

Ass Buster

So it is ok for our government to make addicts out of the populace? Think what that would be like, more lost work time lower production more injuries on the job. We did fight a war on drugs we fought a Vietnam. We could stop the flow of drugs a lot better if we pulled our aid from the producing countries and destroy their crops ourselves. But, I am not as niave as to believe that will happen. I also worked narcotics and homicide. Until we can fight this as a war and fight it as a threat to our national security then we will lose. As far as I am concerned dealers should be shot where they stand. John Kay was right God Damn the Pusherman.

[quote]drag0n252pi wrote:
You are truly an idiot. Ask any cop and you will find that smokers do beat their wives, etc. I was a cop for 25 years and arrested plenty of people high on weed while they were driving. Yeah right let’s legalize another intoxicant for the public to consume and get in their cars and drive.[/quote]

It’s unfortunate that an honerable profession, such as a police officer, is stuck enforcing such ridiculous laws such as prohibition, seat belt laws, helmet laws, and every other freaking law that is designed to “protect us from ourselves”.

It is absolutely impossible to be a law-abiding citizen these days with all the BS laws on the books these days. I’d have to say that is one of my pet peaves with law enforcement, the hipocracy.

Just because it’s “illegal” doesn’t make it immoral.

Too many laws, too little common sense.

Then you shouldnt blame the cops we didnt make the laws. Our half assed head in the sand incompetent politicians did. The DEA and the AMA fought against making roids legal.

John Kay was right God Damn the Pusherman.[/quote]

I think he said the dealer was ok though… A man with a lump of grass in his hands anyway.

So it is ok for our government to make addicts out of the populace? [/quote]

What the hell are you talking about? Marijuana is definitely not physically addictive.

So it is ok for our government to make addicts out of the populace? [/quote]

Apparently so considering how many americans are hooked on anti-depressants and the number of kids on prescribed drugs for ADD. We are already a nation of drug addicts. Nothing you have written explains why marijuana should not be legalized especially for medical use.

[quote]Orbitalboner wrote:
drag0n252pi wrote:
So it is ok for our government to make addicts out of the populace?

What the hell are you talking about? Marijuana is definitely not physically addictive.[/quote]

Very true. Marijuana is NOT chemically addictive. You could get hooked on coffee before you could get chemically hooked on marijuana.

[quote]zeropointzero wrote:

What did you do, smoke up before work?
[/quote]

Before, during, after, basicaly all the time. As far as making making meanial tasks easier, sure, when your blown out you can work all day and not mind, but the work is not going to be up to a persons potential, and if it requires any level of skill, forget it. When there needs to be consideration for safety, also forget it.

Why do you think that when an accident occurs in the workplace that requires medical attention, the first thing they do is a drug test for alcahol and other substances? If I had a dime for every time I saw a pothead do something stupid that put themselves and others at risk and resulted in equipment and personal damage, I could retire right now.

ParanoidStrength wrote:

How would it make you weaker? Look, no one here is recommending that kids smoke weed. However, much of the myth surrounding it comes from people who are so against anyone using it, that they make up shit as they go along so that they can convince others not to use it. Truth should be the goal, not some muddled use of half-truths just to fit an agenda.

The truth is, chinese immigrants/cheap labor used opium during the building of early railroads when the American west was first being colonized. It helped them perform menial tasks for long periods of time without fatigue. In that line of thinking, what the original poster wrote as far as how marijuana could affect repetitive tasks makes more sense than not. While marijuana may decrease “focus”, taking the stance that this leads to a decrease in strength or that some wouldn’t be able to still focus while using it is a jump to conclusions.
[/quote]

i use to smoke bud all the time i mean atleast an once a day and thats no understatement. the one thing it did for me is help me focus. it will not make you stronger but when i did smoke all the time i could perform more reps while high. but i smoked everyday all day so when i was high it was more like being sober. if the individual smokes pot on a daily bases, i can see how he would say that it makes him stronger becouse he would have some sort of an amunity for him to be sober is like a sober man being high is what i am trying to say.

If I had a dime for every time I saw a pothead do something stupid that put themselves and others at risk and resulted in equipment and personal damage, I could retire right now.

[/quote]

You could have retired 20 years ago had you received the same return for those who were drunk and performed poorly. The truth is, you can die due to alcohol poisoning. There has never been a marijuana overdose case resulting in death. Either ban both, or legalize both.