T Nation

Marijuana Before a Workout

I’ve found that if I smoke just prior to lifting, that I can get a more intense, better focused workout session in. Any one know of any effects of marijuana for workout potential, or is it just in my head? Anyone else do it also before they workout? Any input or discussion will be appreciated.

It has been found that marijuana lowers Testosterone levels - so probably not a good idea before a workout. You want all the T you can hold on to.

Marijuana is a powerful anabolic when its used in conjunction with a high Soy diet.

floodgate open.

Just what we need…
A gym full of high-testosterone stoners!:slight_smile:

Sorry to hear of your drug problem. I hope you decide to kick the habit soon, it will only lead to lower T levels and possibly an arrest record.

“I can get a more intense, better focused workout session”

That’s what YOU think. You want to get stoned or have good workouts? Make up your mind, if you posted here to justify your weedhabit, I think you came to the wrong place.

Stay off that shit if you want to have a life.

[quote]Jersey5150 wrote:
Marijuana is a powerful anabolic when its used in conjunction with a high Soy diet.[/quote]

LMAO!

Maybe it’s laced with cocaine?

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Sorry to hear of your drug problem. I hope you decide to kick the habit soon, it will only lead to lower T levels and possibly an arrest record.[/quote]

Sorry? Sorry to hear you haven’t dveloped one. (jokes)

This has been discussed.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=678890

I have heard about THC lowering testosterone, but I’ve also so heard it doesn’t affect it at all. I’ve read a lot of studies, anyone know the truth? It makes me feel like my T levels are up when I lift after I smoke, but maybe its just the ethenate kicking in and it seems better because I’m all tore up(stoned).

[quote]c/j wrote:
Anyone else do it also before they workout? Any input or discussion will be appreciated.[/quote]

I used to smoke quite a bit about 5 years ago. At first, I had all this energy and focus, but after a couple of months those effects quickly turned to lethargy and apathy.

All that pot is good for is sitting on the couch and eating junk food.

[quote]StrongMan wrote:
This has been discussed.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=678890[/quote]

I don’t think people even use the search function. Either that or they think their question was so original that no one in the world has ever thought of it before. This is rarely the case.

[quote]Augustus wrote:
c/j wrote:
Anyone else do it also before they workout? Any input or discussion will be appreciated.

I used to smoke quite a bit about 5 years ago. At first, I had all this energy and focus, but after a couple of months those effects quickly turned to lethargy and apathy.

All that pot is good for is sitting on the couch and eating junk food.[/quote]

I would have to agree with Augustus. I definitely felt more in tune with my body, like you could feel every muscle fibre you were working out, but that was only initially, and I also didn’t have the motivation to increase the poundage, so now I leave the smoking to afterwards. Think it can definitely help in the recovery process, as you can cram down the food and also help with sleep.

another W.T.F.

[quote]c/j wrote:
ZEB wrote:
Sorry to hear of your drug problem. I hope you decide to kick the habit soon, it will only lead to lower T levels and possibly an arrest record.

Sorry? Sorry to hear you haven’t dveloped one. (jokes)[/quote]

You are correct I have not developed one. And if you are thinking of developing a great physique and actually staying healthy through the years you will lose your habit my friend!

[quote]iatguy wrote:
another W.T.F.[/quote]

It helps me workout at a higher level.

You know c/j, I used to be a big pothead but now I just puff occasionally. Let me tell ya’, I do know that feeling you’re talking about. But trust me, caffeine/Spike/Powe Drive work WAY better(take your pick). Anyway, around these parts it helps if you circumvent any possible counterattacks in your orriginal post. Sometimes we have a hard time just answering the damn question as asked. Sometimes we feel a need to impose upon others our own personal morals/beliefs. Regardless, if you must smoke, save it for after lifting.