T Nation

Marijuana and Hormone Levels

There is a perpetual debate as to whether or not marijuana is not only capable of messing with your hormones, but of being a cause of gynecomastia. I can say, having experienced this first hand, that marijuana does both the former and latter.

I have what the doctors say to be a slight case of gyno(to me, its a major case-drives my fucking CRAZY) under both nipples and also low testosterone and elevated prolactin levels.

I regret my three years of chronic pot use and have not touched the stuff for over 60 days now. I could have had a completely different physique by now - it is very, very aggravating.
I wanted to start this post for two reasons:

1. If anyone was unsure about the effects of marijuana on the body, I can tell you that there are, undoubtedly, negative effects.

2. Also, if anyone knows about the effects on the endocrine system from marijuana being reversed. And, if anyone knows about any drugs (Nolvadex, etc) as being successful in reducing gyno. Surgery does not sound like too much fun.

[quote]JonBlood wrote:
There is a perpetual debate as to whether or not marijuana is not only capable of messing with your hormones, but of being a cause of gynecomastia. I can say, having experienced this first hand, that marijuana does both the former and latter.

I have what the doctors say to be a slight case of gyno(to me, its a major case-drives my fucking CRAZY) under both nipples and also low testosterone and elevated prolactin levels.

I regret my three years of chronic pot use and have not touched the stuff for over 60 days now. I could have had a completely different physique by now - it is very, very aggravating.

1. If anyone was unsure about the effects of marijuana on the body, I can tell you that there are, undoubtedly, negative effects.

2. Also, if anyone knows about the effects on the endocrine system from marijuana being reversed. And, if anyone knows about any drugs (Nolvadex, etc) as being successful in reducing gyno. Surgery does not sound like too much fun.[/quote]

I can guarantee you that you’re just an idiot. I hit 2 pr’s today stoned. I smoke weed everyday and I’ve only gotten in better shape. It all depends on how hard you train and what you eat.

[quote]ty45 wrote:
JonBlood wrote:

2. Also, if anyone knows about the effects on the endocrine system from marijuana being reversed. And, if anyone knows about any drugs (Nolvadex, etc) as being successful in reducing gyno. Surgery does not sound like too much fun.

I can guarantee you that you’re just an idiot. I hit 2 pr’s today stoned. I smoke weed everyday and I’ve only gotten in better shape. It all depends on how hard you train and what you eat.[/quote]

No, it doesn’t depend on how hard you train and what you eat because I do both. Every body is different, some people more vulnerable to the effects of marijuana of others. And the fact that you can guarantee that I’m an idiot because you are too scared to put down the bong is just sad.

How do you know weed caused your issues and not the millions of other factors that contributed to your life over the past three years?

[quote]BlueJ wrote:
How do you know weed caused your issues and not the millions of other factors that contributed to your life over the past three years?[/quote]

You do have a point but there are studies that show that THC is a possible cause of my symptoms. Believe it or not my speech was beginning to impair and the rate of recalling information was slowed down. For example, I would forget words and events. I’m not looking to start a pissing match.

I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions regarding my gyno.

[quote]JonBlood wrote:
ty45 wrote:
JonBlood wrote:

I can guarantee you that you’re just an idiot. I hit 2 pr’s today stoned. I smoke weed everyday and I’ve only gotten in better shape. It all depends on how hard you train and what you eat.

No, it doesn’t depend on how hard you train and what you eat because I do both. Every body is different, some people more vulnerable to the effects of marijuana of others. And the fact that you can guarantee that I’m an idiot because you are too scared to put down the bong is just sad.[/quote]

There is just too much ignorance in here. The fact that you think you’ll never have a nice body even though you eat and train well just because you smoke weed proves you don’t know shit.? Please do some research and do not talk about things you have no business in.

P.S. I’m not scared of the bong, I love the bong.

If you learn how to read, you will learn that I said you were scared to put down the bong, not afraid of it. What you will also learn is that I didn’t say I’ll never have a nice body from smoking weed.

What makes you think I have no business in this topic when it is something I have experienced first hand?

And regarding your PR statement-if your 1RM for bench press is 135 and you put a fucking feather on the bar, that is a new PR. It doesn’t matter how high you are.

You are wasting your time on this thread, GO AWAY!

[quote]JonBlood wrote:
If you learn how to read, you will learn that I said you were scared to put down the bong, not afraid of it. What you will also learn is that I didn’t say I’ll never have a nice body from smoking weed.

What makes you think I have no business in this topic when it is something I have experienced first hand?

And regarding your PR statement-if your 1RM for bench press is 135 and you put a fucking feather on the bar, that is a new PR. It doesn’t matter how high you are.

You are wasting your time on this thread, GO AWAY![/quote]

You have no business because the weed didn’t give you those bitch tits. You were probably going to have those saggy bags even if you didn’t smoke weed. And do not talk about my numbers because you know nothing of my training or me as a person. So fuck off.

[quote]JonBlood wrote:
There is a perpetual debate as to whether or not marijuana is not only capable of messing with your hormones, but of being a cause of gynecomastia. I can say, having experienced this first hand, that marijuana does both the former and latter. [/quote] Does both of those things to you maybe.

There are too many other, more common, possible causes before you can definitely say it’s the pot.

[quote]
I regret my three years of chronic pot use and have not touched the stuff for over 60 days now. I could have had a completely different physique by now - it is very, very aggravating. [/quote]

Good decision. But you are simply making an excuse for your shortcomings.

[quote]

1. If anyone was unsure about the effects of marijuana on the body, I can tell you that there are, undoubtedly, negative effects.[/quote]

You may have experienced negative effects, but there are plenty of people (users and members of the medical community) that will say they don’t experience any of the negative side effects you specifically refer to.

[quote]
2. Also, if anyone knows about the effects on the endocrine system from marijuana being reversed. And, if anyone knows about any drugs (Nolvadex, etc) as being successful in reducing gyno. Surgery does not sound like too much fun.[/quote]

If you are worried about your current hormone production, go get your levels tested.

Do a search.

First of all
This thread has FUCKALL to do with bodybuilding.

Second of all
It is completely obvious that you are a troll. You’ve started two threads in which your main point was to complain and make excuses for why you can’t make gains. If you aren’t a troll than you are pretty pathetic. The term “bitchy” comes to mind.

We need a cesspool subsection in OT where repetitive, dumb shit like this gets moved.

It always amazes me how fast people go from a know nothing to a know it all.

Don’t blame marijuana for your low testosterone levels and bitch tits; blame the years of shitty eating and sedentary lifestyle that no doubt preceded it.

Either that or you’re one of those guys that gets manboobs from just thinking about it. In which case, condolences, contact a good surgeon and prepare to drop around six grand on it. But please, leave Mary Jane alone. What did she ever to do to you except give you lots of good times?

hey OP - pick up the bong, sprinkle some PCP in your dank, and kill your parents.

Weed didn’t grow your tits - your genetically influenced hormone levels did that.

Gynecomastia has been thought to be a complication of cannabis use, especially when it was also possible to stimulate breast tissue development in rats with THC (72). Eleven soldiers with gynecomastia of unknown cause were matched with 11 others with similar characteristics except for gynecomastia.

No difference in cannabis use was found between the two groups (27). Such a finding does not disprove the relationship between cannabis and gynecomastia.

Indeed, if cannabis increases peripheral conversion of testosterone to estrogens, then it is possible that the increased estrogens could stimulate breast tissue in a few susceptible men. Increased estrogens might also account for some reports of diminution in sexual drive or in performance in men.

[quote]JonBlood wrote:
Gynecomastia has been thought to be a complication of cannabis use, especially when it was also possible to stimulate breast tissue development in rats with THC (72).

Eleven soldiers with gynecomastia of unknown cause were matched with 11 others with similar characteristics except for gynecomastia. No difference in cannabis use was found between the two groups (27).

Such a finding does not disprove the relationship between cannabis and gynecomastia. Indeed, if cannabis increases peripheral conversion of testosterone to estrogens, then it is possible that the increased estrogens could stimulate breast tissue in a few susceptible men. Increased estrogens might also account for some reports of diminution in sexual drive or in performance in men.[/quote]

Ya gonna site the study? or do you want us to take your word for it?

If pot causes gyno then I can’t fathom the amount of men that would be walking around with tits right now.

I’m done with you.
Congratulations on your two spectacular threads.

[quote]JonBlood wrote:
Gynecomastia has been thought to be a complication of cannabis use, especially when it was also possible to stimulate breast tissue development in rats with THC (72). Eleven soldiers with gynecomastia of unknown cause were matched with 11 others with similar characteristics except for gynecomastia.

No difference in cannabis use was found between the two groups (27). Such a finding does not disprove the relationship between cannabis and gynecomastia.

Indeed, if cannabis increases peripheral conversion of testosterone to estrogens, then it is possible that the increased estrogens could stimulate breast tissue in a few susceptible men. Increased estrogens might also account for some reports of diminution in sexual drive or in performance in men.[/quote]
Maybe you just got da munchies and hit the White Castle a little too hard.

[quote]Rape Weight wrote:
hey OP - pick up the bong, sprinkle some PCP in your dank, and kill your parents.

Weed didn’t grow your tits - your genetically influenced hormone levels did that.[/quote]

Rape shut the fuck up! Dont say piece of shit comments like kill your parents. You don’t know who your talking to online and the face behind the computer. If I was the OP I would bitch smack you for saying some gay shit like that.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
JonBlood wrote:
Gynecomastia has been thought to be a complication of cannabis use, especially when it was also possible to stimulate breast tissue development in rats with THC (72).

Eleven soldiers with gynecomastia of unknown cause were matched with 11 others with similar characteristics except for gynecomastia. No difference in cannabis use was found between the two groups (27).

Such a finding does not disprove the relationship between cannabis and gynecomastia. Indeed, if cannabis increases peripheral conversion of testosterone to estrogens, then it is possible that the increased estrogens could stimulate breast tissue in a few susceptible men. Increased estrogens might also account for some reports of diminution in sexual drive or in performance in men.

Ya gonna site the study? or do you want us to take your word for it?

If pot causes gyno then I can’t fathom the amount of men that would be walking around with tits right now.

I’m done with you.
Congratulations on your two spectacular threads. [/quote]

Wow - I did my best not to get on this dude’s other incredibly interesting thread (fail) but this is just another one for the uninformed masses.

Congratulations, JonBlood, you are either a fantastic troll or a complete dumbass.

Former pothead here. Never bothered my training in the past, but it screwed up my mass cycle. Somehow, I was one of those rare people who do NOT get any munchies. I just used to smoke some more when I got hungry. While I was dieting, though, it really helped.

I got my six meals of tuna and chicken in no problem, felt no hunger pangs or paid any attention to how cardio is boring. When you’re stoned, cardio is very fun. I also had a better mind-muscle connection while lifting.

All that being said, now that I’m clean, my progress is much, much better. And that is what counts.

[quote]BlueJ wrote:
How do you know weed caused your issues and not the millions of other factors that contributed to your life over the past three years?[/quote]

Bingo.