Mardi Gras 2003

Just wondering if any of you are planning on going to Mardi Gras and if so, when. Also, to any Mardi Gras veterens, what are some of the best parades to see/places to eat/places to stay? I’m going Feb 27-Mar2 and would love to meet up with some T-folk!

Well I’m from New Orleans. The best parades for me are Endymion(Saturday night before Mardi Gras day), Bachhus (sunday night before Mgras), and Orpheus(Monday, night before mgras). Anywhere downtown will be extremely packed. The best places I’ve found to watch the parade are Orleans St. for Endymion, and St. Charles(past 1st street) for Bachhus and Orpheus. But if you are staying downtown than canal isn’t bad but is extremely packed. Also saturday night before Mardi Gras, Bourban St. is so packed you will not be able to move. It’s probably the worst day to go to bourban. The other days aren’t too bad though.

Oh, I’m there! Nothing like a drunken slobber knocker filled with T & A and plenty more! Woo Hoo! J/K. I’m not planning on it. I don’t drink so there is no point in me being around a bunch of drunks. I have nothing against nudity, but I can see that anywhere! LOL! Just hang around Bourbon Street, and you’ll get all you need in food, fun and more!

I go to Mardi Gras every year. Endymion and Bachus are my favorite parades. It’s fun trying to catch all those beads. I sometimes stay at the Cornstalk hotel. If you want something cheaper, try the Empress Motel, it’s cheap, and only 2 blocks out of the French Quarter, on Ursuline. You’re going to have a blast. I hope you know that you’re going to miss the biggest day, Fat Tuesday, which falls on March 4th. Party on !!!

I’m looking at arraging my travle schedule to spin me down there right around that time. Problem is, it’s kind of out of my reigon, so I might not be able to. I’ve got some friends down there that can stay with, so I’ll be able to stay for cheap.

Actually, I have a friend who’s at Tulane and offered me a place to stay, should I decide to go down there. I don’t drink, but it seems like an interesting experience. Any thoughts on whether it’s worth the trip?

Trev, if you get a chance to go, do it. You won’t regret it. I don’t drink alcohol either, other than an ocasional glass of wine, but I still have a great time. Mardi Gras is the the best party on earth. Also, the food is great: Gumbo, Jambalaya, beignets, etc. NycMan