Marcus Haley 4 Weeks Out From the Arnold

246lbs contest shape…ain’t nothing to play with.

OMG! The thickest part of his thighs look to be the same size as his waist!

I gotta go down a shake and go lift now!

Glute striations 4 weeks out…

Not a fan of the really high calves but other than that…

OMG WTF.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Not a fan of the really high calves but other than that…

OMG WTF.

[/quote]

Lol at not being a fan. That is how my calves look…only with less shape. There really isn’t shit I can do about it because I train them daily.

They measure about 18" but much like his, they just won’t look “big” no matter what unless they are like 20+" around.

Those proportions are crazy! And look how deep his cuts are in his legs, WOW!!!

Gitdamn! I may have to retract my previous statements about not caring about guys having tiny waists. Some of these BB’ers you’re making threads of look fantastic with their tapers.

Hold old is this guy?

[quote]SSC wrote:
Gitdamn! I may have to retract my previous statements about not caring about guys having tiny waists. Some of these BB’ers you’re making threads of look fantastic with their tapers.

Hold old is this guy?[/quote]

I think he’s mid to late 30’s. It took him a long time to get his pro card and he has made huge improvements as far as his overall shape.

It’s amazing when calves that are objectively huge look small because of the sheer mass of the rest of his frame.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
It’s amazing when calves that are objectively huge look small because of the sheer mass of the rest of his frame.

S
[/quote]

It sucks actually. This guy has worked unbelievably hard to get into that condition and the first thing people are going to point out is a “weakness” that he can’t really fix. Calves have to be the most genetically “confined” muscle group on the human body.

They don’t look bad from the side shot,… but from the front… I remember Mike Matarazzo (total freak in the calf genetics dept) saying that unless your calves touched each other when you were standing with your feet together, that you better do some more calf work -lol.

S

[quote]Professor X wrote:
The Mighty Stu wrote:

S

It sucks actually. This guy has worked unbelievably hard to get into that condition and the first thing people are going to point out is a “weakness” that he can’t really fix. Calves have to be the most genetically “confined” muscle group on the human body. [/quote]

I totally agree with this. It’s fun because I can’t find any relation with my training and my calves growth; sometimes I train them hard and frequently and they don’t grow shit, one time I saw them notoriously bigger without bothering.

His hamstring development is awesome, especially that side shot.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
They don’t look bad from the side shot,… but from the front… I remember Mike Matarazzo (total freak in the calf genetics dept) saying that unless your calves touched each other when you were standing with your feet together, that you better do some more calf work -lol.

S[/quote]

Mike Matarazzo is not exactly someone I would turn to for advice on how to build big calves, despite the fact he had amazing calves himself. He could walk on his tippy toes ten minutes a day and probably still build huge calves.

Infact, he did very little or no direct calf work at all. It’s funny, I remember reading a interview with Matarazzo a while back and he claimed that his dad actually had bigger calves than he did! Imagine that? So yeah, genetics definitely plays a big factor when it comes to growing big calves.

Oh yeah,… I think genetics play more of a role with calves than any other bodypart… Yates once answered a question on calf work by saying that his came easy, so he was the last person who should be getting questions on calf work.

S

[quote]Professor X wrote:
It sucks actually. This guy has worked unbelievably hard to get into that condition and the first thing people are going to point out is a “weakness” that he can’t really fix. Calves have to be the most genetically “confined” muscle group on the human body. [/quote]

It’s just the fact that it sticks out. His body is essentially perfect, so the tiniest flaw will show. Unfortunately that means his calves. Yes it sucks, but that’s how it will always be perceived. You can’t even tell from the back or side though, just the front.