Marcin Dolega

////\ Jesus he should get in on some strongman competitions! Awesome athlete.

[quote]MikeTheBear wrote:

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
fuck…

I wonder if he has that rare combination of genetics that allows him to look like that just from doing the Olympic lifts or whether he does some bodybuilding stuff now and then. Not that doing some bodybuilding stuff is bad for an OLer. I’ve been known to do a curl now and then, although it’s quite rare. I’ll definitely hit pull-ups and rows fairly regularly.[/quote]

good question…I would say its genetics and being very lean.

Lapikov’s moved up to the supers now. Last time I heard he was around 115kg, but that was a while ago now. He wants to lift at around 130kg and thinks the move up a class will help with his jerks.

speaking of jacked Weightlifters…is that you in your avatar. fuck, should your name be “20 arms”?

speaking of jacked Weightlifters…is that you in your avatar. fuck, should your name be “20 arms”?[/quote]

That is me - that photo makes me look like a beastly 105kg lifter about to clean and jerk 220kg when in reality it’s a shit 85 who hasn’t trained the lifts for about a year about to grind out a 220kg dead.

[quote]ninearms wrote:

speaking of jacked Weightlifters…is that you in your avatar. fuck, should your name be “20 arms”?[/quote]

That is me - that photo makes me look like a beastly 105kg lifter about to clean and jerk 220kg when in reality it’s a shit 85 who hasn’t trained the lifts for about a year about to grind out a 220kg dead.[/quote]

haha, damn, just lie, i would have believed it!

this is the most recent (2010 i think) video of Dolga i could find. he is looking freaking huge. is he a superheavy now?

sorry in advance if this is a dumb question.

with weightclasses is it partly about taller people performing better by filling out their levers?

i approve of this thread, btw :slight_smile:

I am not sure…the bigger guys lift more weight, though in OL it seems it would not be as big of an advantage as it is in powerlifting.

Marcin isn’t super heavy… it looks like he is short so he has to fill out his frame to the max. Same with Andrei Aramnau, short but bulky dude, although he is moving up or has moved up to supers.

Dolega is actually 186 cm tall, but Aramnau is something under 180, maybe 177.