March Madness, Babeeee!!!!!

Southern Illinois Salukis

ROOOOCCCCKKK CCCHHHAAAALLLLKKK JJJJJJJAAAYYYYYHHHHHAAAAWWWWKKK KKKKKKKK UUUUUU!!! wins the dance duh

watch for the random team BYU to go far though

[quote]Freaky Styley wrote:
The Valley ain’t a mid-major anymore, I would say.[/quote]

I disagree. If you aren’t getting 4+ teams in year after year, you’re mid-major. Btw, the Valley is over-rated this year. Take Creighton, they have losses to Nebraska, Dayton, Fresno St, Hawaii, Wichita St, Indiana St, and Illinois St and NO wins against good OOC teams. Name a major conference whose #2 has a resume that pathetic. It’s a damn good thing they won their tourney. Too many teams get far too much credit for losing road games, imo. So. Illinois is legit, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the MVC pulls an 0-fer in the 1st round.

DB

[quote]Dweezil wrote:
I reiterate what I said in that thread before/early on in the season:

Thank you all for attending the Gators victory celebration. It’s great you could all attend. Refreshments are over in the corner.[/quote]

Those aren’t refreshments, they are tissues. It’s not the Gators’ year. It’s just too damn hard to repeat these days.

DB

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
Well malonetd!

I’ll “Bump” it periodically as we await Selection Sunday!

If anyone wants to post any thoughts until then, go at it!

Mufasa

Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited. But, for the first time in my lifetime, I’m much, much more excited about the brackets than the conference tourneys. The door is wide open and Wisconsin has a very real shot at winning the title.
[/quote]

Hell yeah buddy. It’s going to be tough with Butch out but they’ve still got a shot.

I’m going to take a day or two off this year and watch the opening rounds with a some buddies. Good shiat.

I usually dont’ get much work done those two days anyway. I’m usually checking the scores all day at my computer or steaming the games.

Sssssshhhhh… don’t tell anyone I said that.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
Those aren’t refreshments, they are tissues. It’s not the Gators’ year. It’s just too damn hard to repeat these days.

DB[/quote]

The SEC sucks in bowl games. The SEC rocks the BCS last year.

Florida is going to get destroyed by Ohio State. Florida destroys Ohio State.

Florida has no chance to win the tournament. Florida wins the tournament.

The core is still there, people still aren’t picking them to win- all of this adds up to a Florida victory.

Yahoo has a tourney pick’em starting up as soon as the brackets are announced.

Would there be any interest in setting up a private T-Nation group there just to see who can pick the most winners?

Kinda like an office pool. I’ll be glad to set everything up since it is tax season, and I am looking for anything at all to keep from doing any real work.

[quote]Dweezil wrote:
dollarbill44 wrote:

DB

The SEC sucks in bowl games. The SEC rocks the BCS last year.

Florida is going to get destroyed by Ohio State. Florida destroys Ohio State.

Florida has no chance to win the tournament. Florida wins the tournament.

The core is still there, people still aren’t picking them to win- all of this adds up to a Florida victory.[/quote]

There are about 48 teams that no one is picking to win the tournament. What does that mean? Sure, the nucleus is back from last year’s team and they are as talented as anyone. But,is the chemistry back? Is the luck? Is the desire? There are a lot of champion teams that have returned most of their team the next year. How many repeat winners have we had since the early 70s?

Barring far superior talent, a lot of things have to come together for a championship. I don’t think all of those things will come together again for Florida.

DB

I gotta root for my Utah State Aggie’s (NCAA’s 6 out of 8 years) but this is a rebuild year for us.

So, we root for Nevada.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Yahoo has a tourney pick’em starting up as soon as the brackets are announced.

Would there be any interest in setting up a private T-Nation group there just to see who can pick the most winners?

Kinda like an office pool. I’ll be glad to set everything up since it is tax season, and I am looking for anything at all to keep from doing any real work. [/quote]

I’d definitly be interested. There’s no prize money right? As an NCAA athlete myself (although not basketball) I have to be careful about things like that.

As far as teams go, I don’t like Florida this year. I don’t know what it is, I just feel like they aren’t in synch right now- not getting great guard play and Noah, Horford and Richard seem to be getting in each others way sometimes. I dunno, I think they’re a good bet for sweet 16, but I could see them dropping to a 3/4 seed like Memphis or Maryland that can score from the perimeter and has enough size to limit Florida’s big guys.

Kansas is hot right now, I think they’re more talented than Florida and Julian Wright is playing better than anybody in the country not named Kevin Durant.

I would also say not to sleep on UNC, even though they’ve been a little bit shaky lately. They demolished Ohio State (although, Oden-less) in the 2nd half earlier this year, and they are certainly among the 5 most talented teams in the country. Maybe the incident against Duke was what Tyler Hansbrough needed to wake him up and we’ll see him take his game to the next level this month?

I think a wild-card team is Louisville. I can’t really tell what to make of them. They’ve looked awful at times this year, but now they’ve won six straight including road wins at Pitt (although I think they’re overrated) and Marquette. They rely a little too much on Sosa in the backcourt, but with their size, they could give a team like UCLA fits and they have the athleticism to match teams like Florida (if their guards aren’t getting it done) or Kansas (although not if Chalmers gets hot). They have the potential to make a run, but I could also see them losing 1st round to a balanced, jump-shooting team like Georgia Tech or Missouri State.

Finally, don’t sleep on Gonzaga! Sure, without Heydfelt, they really don’t have much of a chance to do too much in the tournament, but does any 4 or 5 seed want to see the Zags in the first round? I think they’d be a tough matchup for a perimeter-based team like Tennessee, who wouldn’t be able to exploit Gonzaga’s interior weaknesses and lacks a big presence inside to stop Pargo from getting to the rim.

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
I’d definitly be interested. There’s no prize money right? As an NCAA athlete myself (although not basketball) I have to be careful about things like that.
[/quote]

No prize money - just bragging rights.

If anyone else is interested, just PM me. I’ll get it set up in the next day or so.

Hell - no need to PM me. If you guys want to play go to:

Click “Join”.

Name of the group is “T-Nation”. Password is “surge”.

Looks like you need the group ID# instead of the name.

Group ID: 45054
Password: surge

[quote]rainjack wrote:

Click “Join”.

[/quote]

Alright, is the group Private or Public? when I try to join it tells me the "The group is not private or I have the wrong password.

I’m dumb.

EDIT: I’m in. I saw your second post with the group ID # a couple of minutes after this post.

<---- All the way. If not, Butch will cry. Brian Butch does not like to cry.

[quote]dre wrote:
rainjack wrote:

Click “Join”.

Alright, is the group Private or Public? when I try to join it tells me the "The group is not private or I have the wrong password.

I’m dumb.[/quote]

It’s private, but instead of the group name, you have to use the group ID# which is posted just above.

I’d repost it here but I already forgot what it was.

Alright, I’m in…love this damn time of the year!!!

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Looks like you need the group ID# instead of the name.

Group ID: 45054
Password: surge[/quote]

I’m in and signed up.

Best time of the year, can’t wait!

Hoping my Tarheels will pull it off…

Danny

Watch out for the Vols baby!