March Madness, Babeeee!!!!!

(Editors Note:I didn’t post a pic of Billy Packer because of all you Mid-Major Fans who may STILL be pissed off at him!)

Okay…!

It’s ON!

Tournament week is next week!

I have to agree with MANY analyst:

1. There is NO clear favorite for “The Dance” this year. These Conferences are becoming SO strong that they are beatin’ the Hell outa’ each other, and thus proving that ANY team on ANY night can get beat and get beat SOUNDLY!

2. I think that the Mid-Majors will pull off some MAJOR upsets, and at least ONE will make it to the Elite Eight if not the Final Four.

3. The Champion will come from the ACC! (The Lion DUCKS as the SEC, Big East and Big-12 beg to differ!

LET THE DISCUSSIONS BEGIN!!!

Mufasa

By the way…

“Mid-Major” is a HOTLY debated term among AD’s and Presidents…and as long as there is a BCS will continue to be controversial.

Since “The Lion” ain’t no AD; and for the purpose of discussion, the “Mid-Majors” are Schools in the following conferences:

Atlantic 10 Conference (A-10)
Colonial Athletic Association (CAA)
Conference USA (C-USA)
Horizon League
Mid-American Conference (MAC)
Missouri Valley Conference (MVC)
Mountain West Conference (MWC)
West Coast Conference (WCC)
Western Athletic Conference (WAC)

LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!

Mufasa

You couldn’t wait for selection Sunday?

The Valley ain’t a mid-major anymore, I would say.

malonetd:

Nope!

Too exciting!

Got “The Fever” already!

Mufasa

Freaky:

Again…what is considered “Mid-Major” is VERY fluid and depends on someone’s definition.

If the NCAA, AD’s and College Presidents are at odds with the definition, I’m certainly in no position to determine who is and who isn’t!

Mufasa

Well malonetd!

I’ll “Bump” it periodically as we await Selection Sunday!

If anyone wants to post any thoughts until then, go at it!

Mufasa

Hopefully Stony Brook will be in the (Women’s) Sweet Sixty-Four!

Go Gators!

Mufasa,

What no love for the Big-10? How about Wisconsin and OSU? Both are potential #1 seeds.

Man, PharmD!

I didn’t mention the Big-10 OR PAC-10!

This is going to be one heck of a Tournament!

Mufasa

[quote]Freaky Styley wrote:
The Valley ain’t a mid-major anymore, I would say.[/quote]

The MVC is still only a 1-2 team conference, traditionally. Until the start putting 3 teams in every year - i still think they are a mid major.

I mean - when you have the Big-12, Pac-10,Big-10, SEC, ACC, and Big East putting in 4-plus teams each - its hard to consider the MVC a major.

But that’s just me.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Freaky Styley wrote:
The Valley ain’t a mid-major anymore, I would say.

The MVC is still only a 1-2 team conference, traditionally. Until the start putting 3 teams in every year - i still think they are a mid major.

I mean - when you have the Big-12, Pac-10,Big-10, SEC, ACC, and Big East putting in 4-plus teams each - its hard to consider the MVC a major.

But that’s just me. [/quote]

In all fairness, the MVC put four teams in the big dance last year and two of them made it to the sweet 16. The year before they put three in the dance, although with no sweet 16 teams. I think they’ll get another 3 in this year, although at some point you need a team to be a legitimate contender for a national championship to be considered a “major” conference.

Oh man, the fever’s hit me big time babeeee! Favorite sport ever to watch (fav. to play too), solely because of the blitz that is Madness. These are the few weeks out of the year I allow, nay, encourage myself to be plastered to the tv day and night. I mean, every other week out of the year I’d rather be living life than letting it slip by me ('cept New Years bowls), but not for the weeks in March! Who’s in a pool already?

I reiterate what I said in that thread before/early on in the season:

Thank you all for attending the Gators victory celebration. It’s great you could all attend. Refreshments are over in the corner.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Well malonetd!

I’ll “Bump” it periodically as we await Selection Sunday!

If anyone wants to post any thoughts until then, go at it!

Mufasa[/quote]

Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited. But, for the first time in my lifetime, I’m much, much more excited about the brackets than the conference tourneys. The door is wide open and Wisconsin has a very real shot at winning the title.

TTU or UT goin all the way baby! Once the winner of the Big 12 conference is decided you will have the #1 seed to take down the big enchilada.

PS. Dickie boy’s next product he should endorse shouldnt be Hooters, it should be some sort of sore throat drops, like Fishermans or Ludens or something. If Dickie boy ate a Ricola and then sounded normal again… I wouldnt end up getting so wasted watching every big game.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
I have to agree with MANY analyst:

1. There is NO clear favorite for “The Dance” this year. These Conferences are becoming SO strong that they are beatin’ the Hell outa’ each other, and thus proving that ANY team on ANY night can get beat and get beat SOUNDLY!

2. The Champion will come from the ACC! (The Lion DUCKS as the SEC, Big East and Big-12 beg to differ!

Mufasa[/quote]

Remember though, most of these analysts don’t stay up to watch west coast games that tip at 10:30pm EST.

UCLA is as strong a contender as anyone. (their RPI and defensive stats don’t lie)

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
3) The Champion will come from the ACC! (The Lion DUCKS as the SEC, Big East and Big-12 beg to differ!
[/quote]

You couldn’t be more right. Yeeeaah Terps!

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
In all fairness, the MVC put four teams in the big dance last year and two of them made it to the sweet 16. The year before they put three in the dance, although with no sweet 16 teams. I think they’ll get another 3 in this year, although at some point you need a team to be a legitimate contender for a national championship to be considered a “major” conference.[/quote]

Three teams from the conference does not make it a major, imo.

Once the MVC is consistently putting in 4 or more teams, then I would say they are a potential major.

But there are no 19 win bubble teams in the MVC. You have 2-3 19-win bubble teams in each of the majors.

Hell - Texas Tech was a fore casted 9 seed with only 19-wins and having dropped 6 of their last 10. They would not even be in consideration for a bid if they were in the MVC.