Marc Lobliner's Pre Contest Diet and Workout

Hi Guys ,

As anyone every seen this type of diet and training used for a bodybuilding contest . If i followed this i would be left with nothing but skin and bone . ( by the way if anyone wants to know if he won )

the link http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lobliner_golds_classic_prep6.htm

Cardio: 75 minutes pre-workout
Triceps Pushdowns: 3 sets of 12 reps
Skullcrushers: 3 sets of 10 reps
Machine Dips: 3 sets of 12 reps
Dips: 7 sets of 10-15 reps
Barbell Curls: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps
Dumbbell Preacher Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps
Dumbbell Curls: 7 sets of 10 reps
Superset:

Reverse Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps
Forearm Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps
Hanging Leg Raises: 3 sets to failure
Superset:

Ab Crunch Machine: 3 sets of 15 reps
Ab Roller: 3 sets of 15 reps
Cardio: 60 minutes post-workout

diet

l 1:
Scivation Egg Pancake:
1.5 cups egg whites
Cinnamon
Splenda
20g almond butter spread on top
4oz asparagus on side
Protein: 35 grams
Carbs: 5 grams
Fats: 10 grams
Meal 2:

5oz tilapia
4oz asparagus
2tsp enova oil
Meal 3:

5oz tilapia
4oz asparagus
2tsp enova oil
Meal 4:

Scivation Solution 5 Prototype
Protein: 42 grams
Carbs: 15 grams
Fats: 15 grams
Meal 5:

5oz tilapia
4oz asparagus
2tsp enova oil
Meal 6:

Scivation Egg Pancake:
1.5 cups egg whites
Cinnamon
Splenda
20g almond butter spread on top
4oz asparagus on side

uh oh…

While I respect Lobliner for putting his ass on the line to represent his supplement company, he always diets away all his muscle. Sure, he won a lightweight class, but his legs were the same girth as his arms. Now you look at his pre contest pics and vids (the guy had some solid legs) and tell me that his diet was worthwhile.

The problem is that he hangs with guys like Derek Charlesbois and Layne, and guys that are really knowledgeable and experienced competitors. Then no one wants to tell him that he’s f-cking up because he’s their boss (Layne politely declined to comment on Lobliner’s condition when he was asked on some thread).

Again, I respect the guy, I just feel that he’s got too many yes-men, or he’s really so deluded into the “look how ripped I am” mentality, that he forgot to worry about having an actual physique worthy of displaying.

S

He seems like a putz - but he did look pretty good before he dieted his legs down to little sticks.

I wonder why he would do 75 minutes of cardio BEFORE his weight workout - doesn’t make sense.

Wow- that is unfortunate. Clearly dedication and discipline to spare, just needs to adopt the work smarter, not harder mentality.

For some reason in some of those pics he looks like a burn victim. He is shredded to the bone but his legs are tiny.

There are actually pics of him even lighter. I think he was still in the 160’s in those pics, he came in about 150 contest day (and not in a good way).

S

I started bbing about a year and a half ago and I always get discouraged when I see guys like Lobliner. He has a great physique but with his knowledge and work ethic he has I would expect bigger. I guess it scares me that I could put in 10+ years and countless hours towards nattie bbing and look like him.

On a side note, Layne Norton and Derek Charlebois are insane. I feel like my training style and goals are a lot like theirs, and its cool to look at their old articles and logs and see how far they’ve come.

Its its sad to that amount of commitment and dedication go to waste. He looked decent 14 weeks out . I think the lesson learned when leaning out is your main focus should be on preventing muscle loss. I fell into this trap so many times once you start seeing your abs you turn into a phyco.

Its funny but you see these types of bodybuilders everywhere , they go balls out 16 weeks from the show because they feel there always behind. I think its a disgrace that derek and Layne didnt step in.

I respect his work ethic but honestly to me he didnt look like a bodybuilder more like Tyler Durden

Seems like he just prefers to come in smaller but more shredded - just a personal preference? If he won his lightweight class, it could not have been ALL bad.

i think he could have come in just as shredded but at a higher weight if he had a better diet and didn’t burn a lot of his muscle in the process of dieting down

I followed that Mike’s progress on facebook, since he posted a lot of pictures during his prep. All I can say is there is some point when preparing for a show when you have to honestly look at WHAT you’re losing instead of only dropping pounds after pounds… I give him a 2 thumbs up on the effort he put in and the conditionning he attained, it’s just too bad he fell short in the mass department. I wish he had someone around him to tell him when enough is enough so he can come bigger and still ripped - I’m a die-hard fan of conditionned physiques, but it’s still a muscle show.

watching him irks me, he must diet off 10 plus pound of LBM. He comes in shredded, but he doesn’t look good at all.

He actually has really good size on him at times, its just he diets down too much IMO.

I will admit to totally respecting his drive and determination. As a competitor myself, I know how mentally tough you have to be to get your body contest-ready. I just think he loses sight o what he’s doing at some point. In oseason pics, he’s a pretty thick guy, especially his legs, which makes his final conditioning all the more disappointing.

S

Agreeing with all of the above. The first two pics he looks fucking awesome! Then it slowly starts to go downhill from there. He might be conditioned as fuck in his last pics but isn’t bodybuilding supposedly to display an aesthetic physique? Those last two pics I actually cringe a little when I look at them. It seems his legs have lost so much LBM that you can’t even see much separation/definition, regardless of his conditioning level.

man, my legs look bigger than his, and I’m a total chicklegged loser.