T Nation

Marc Emery

Yes many of you may not know who this man is, so here is a link.

Now I don’t have a big issue with Americans, but I certainly do with the justice system. As a man who lives in Canada and enjoys smoking a joint once in a while, I think everything that has happened to this man is bullshit. Am I the only one?

I don’t know what to think of Marc Emery, but what the U.S. authorities are doing to him is defintely wrong. The outrage is not so much that they took him down as what they are charging him with. They’re trying to make an example out of him because he’s an activist.

The real tragedy, though, is that they took down overgrow.com.

I think I love him

If no one is harmed by what he does, then let him do as he wishes. He has the right to do so.

Odd as this sounds coming from a hs teacher, I’m fine with 18 and older smoking whatever they want. I also think 18 and older can be prostitutes; no harm, no crime.

Darn! The only thing this guy asked for in the plea bargain is that charges against his friends (Michelle and Greg) are dropped.

He deserves respect.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
If no one is harmed by what he does, then let him do as he wishes. He has the right to do so.

Odd as this sounds coming from a hs teacher, I’m fine with 18 and older smoking whatever they want. I also think 18 and older can be prostitutes; no harm, no crime.[/quote]

Why 18? Why not 21? 16?

[quote]lixy wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Odd as this sounds coming from a hs teacher, I’m fine with 18 and older smoking whatever they want. I also think 18 and older can be prostitutes; no harm, no crime.

Why 18? Why not 21? 16?[/quote]

Because 18 is the legal age when we Americans can join up, to go kill Iraqi and Afghan terrorists. If someone can do that, they should be free to ‘burn one down’.

I think Marc Emery is a great talker thats for sure. True politician.

Old enough to blaze Iraqis, old enough to blaze fatties?

[quote]lixy wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Why 18? Why not 21? 16?[/quote]

End of high school, and therefore, careful adult supervision.
It all comes back to that, really.

Another example of the failed war on drugs, Lets waste a bunch of our tax money and a bunch of Mr. Emery�??s time and money.

[quote]belligerent wrote:

The real tragedy, though, is that they took down overgrow.com.

[/quote]

I used to love that website.

Marc Emery rocks, so does herb.

And yes, the American judicial system is real shitty, I’ve had to endure it a few times myself. I nominate Canada as the land of the free, it’s much more just than America.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
Bujutsuka wrote:

And yes, the American judicial system is real shitty, I’ve had to endure it a few times myself. I nominate Canada as the land of the free, it’s much more just than America.

Didn’t read the whole entry, but the beginning says some stuf that indicates that the Canadians cooperated with the US, and also stood in the way of a plea bargain…[/quote]

I don’t doubt that Canada cooperated with the almighty Americans, but in general the legal penalties up there are far less harsh. The American government has been trying to change this for a long time now. If it wasn’t for American interference, herb woulb most likely be completely legal in Canada.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
Bujutsuka wrote:
Chushin wrote:
Bujutsuka wrote:

Didn’t read the whole entry, but the beginning says some stuf that indicates that the Canadians cooperated with the US, and also stood in the way of a plea bargain…

I don’t doubt that Canada cooperated with the almighty Americans, but in general the legal penalties up there are far less harsh. The American government has been trying to change this for a long time now. If it wasn’t for American interference, herb woulb most likely be completely legal in Canada.

“Almighty Americans?” Nice.

I won’t waste anymore time attempting discussion with you.

Oh, and feel free to leave the US for Canada any time. [/quote]

Yup, “love it or leave it” all the way, until it turns into a tyrannic shit hole.

God forbid someone pointed out some of the flaws before the shit finally hits the fan.

Patriotism = blind obedience.

You are a flaggot.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
orion wrote:
Chushin wrote:
Bujutsuka wrote:
Chushin wrote:
Bujutsuka wrote:

Didn’t read the whole entry, but the beginning says some stuf that indicates that the Canadians cooperated with the US, and also stood in the way of a plea bargain…

Oh, and feel free to leave the US for Canada any time.

Yup, “love it or leave it” all the way, until it turns into a tyrannic shit hole.

God forbid someone pointed out some of the flaws before the shit finally hits the fan.

You are a flaggot.

Awwwww. The Nazi guy is all upset now…

[/quote]

Nazis were flagots too.

They just had a different flag.

They also were not big on introspection. Have enough people killed in your name and that tends to happen.

I understand your fascination with the Nazis though, that is your subconscious trying to tell you something.

[quote]orion wrote:
Chushin wrote:
orion wrote:
Chushin wrote:
Bujutsuka wrote:
Chushin wrote:
Bujutsuka wrote:

Oh, and feel free to leave the US for Canada any time.

You are a flaggot.

Awwwww. The Nazi guy is all upset now…

Nazis were flagots too.

They just had a different flag.

They also were not big on introspection. Have enough people killed in your name and that tends to happen.

I understand your fascination with the Nazis though, that is your subconscious trying to tell you something.

[/quote]

Come on now…enough with the low blows.