Marajuana for Weightloss/Maintience

[quote]cubuff2028 wrote:

2)the munchies are overblown. During aforementioned 45min to hr, marijuana actually supresses appetite. When it returns, there’s a mild homeostatic increase. However, the primary source of the munchy gorge is perception. Just like you think you’re the best snowboarder in the world while stoned, you also think you’re eating more than you really are.

[/quote]

Have to disagree with this - at least for myself and friends. It’s not " skewed perception" when you actually KNOW that you have ate an entire bag of chips, 3 chocolate bars and a bag of candy. Something I would never do sober.

Also , in high school, we would always get stoned and go to Subway - there is no doubt that we would eat grotesque amounts of food ( double meat foot long with 5 cookies and a couple chocolate milks) - again something I would never do sober. When I’m stoned , and I agree with you that the munchies set in later ( if I’m really stoned I CANT eat ) , I have almost no satiation - food taste so good and I just never seem to reach a point of feeling full.

[quote]moogweasel wrote:
Er…Mew

I just re-read my post…Can’t see anything about a ‘cock up the butt-hole’
I’m English, so I suppose a ‘keg of beer’ could translate as something like anal sex where your from?
Either way you’ve got some fucking issues if you reply to a post that had absolutely nothin about bum-love with a remark like that.
Perhaps you were stoned at the time?

Suppose you’ll find a reference to some form of sodomy in there somewhere now eh. Bet your Mr. Popular/party animal on your campus
What a weapon[/quote]

nah i dont party much at all. I guess sorry for my loss again right. and bum loving replies from me are for ppl like you who dont give serious answers its annoying. with that said sorry for it.

the internet

Apparently smoking tobacco reduces your ability to absorb nutrients. I wouldn’t be surprised if mj did also. Google will probably know…

[quote]Ritter wrote:

[quote]moogweasel wrote:

Bet you never intend to have sex with a fat chick, drink a keg or ‘party like it’s 1999’ either.

Waste

A joint every now and then rocks…Like a beer… like a piece of cake.

Whatever[/quote]

I think you’re a little off. I’m pretty sure you could ingest thc all day if you want and still gain. If you tried that with beer or cake it would be a very different story lol[/quote]

Ritter

I concur…Fair point.

If a few joints lead onto copious amounts of beer and cake then it would be a different story me thinks.

A friend of mine onnce got hammered on some Dutch Skunk, poured himself what he though was an exotic brand of breakfast cereal his roomate had bought at 2am - down it goes with some nice icey cold chocolate milk. Turns out it was dry cat food.

Was pretty high protein + low carb, so I suppose no harm done ;0)

OP is still a stiff though

jeepers, LOL, not a pot thread.

I never smoked it but at Uni as a young bloke I had a cookie once and sat there thinking I was playing the Nintendo until i realized it was my mate who was playing it LOL.

As for the smoking and staying lean, I think its more of a body type thing really, I got a mate who is fat as fuck and another who is skinny, both are bloody pot heads and both eat seriously crappy food too. I also got a gym buddy who is fairly well built and has the occasional puff when I take him beach fishing, hes more built than I am and fitter too. Who knows?

I smoked for years… the wu-tang clan had me believing you can do all sorts of stuff high…maybe, not really.

1. It’s fun, unless you get diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic like a kid I went to university with (too much smoking alone while reading hippy books)

2. Munchies are NOT overblown. It depends on your satiety when you smoke. Smoking on an empty stomach will make you ravenous as fuck.

3. I agree MMC can be enhanced, but motivation tends to fall: smoking made me feel inclined to do less, and i’m naturally very motivated and still am motivated, without weed

4. It’s definitely good for sex (last longer, better orgasm) and partying and stuff though, like others have mentioned.
    My tip: in moderation. Do not be the first person stoned, or the most stoned person, or the least stoned person. And for gods sake if you DO smoke, use positive affirmations to keep in a ‘happy’ or ‘up’ place as i’ve seen literally dozens of kids who would smoke and be sort of depressed by it, which is just stupid. Your thoughts can run wild in a million directions while high, so master your high. All the best

its the body type of your roomates

[quote]moogweasel wrote:
A friend of mine onnce got hammered on some Dutch Skunk, poured himself what he though was an exotic brand of breakfast cereal his roomate had bought at 2am - down it goes with some nice icey cold chocolate milk. Turns out it was dry cat food.
[/quote]

Wait, hold on. No.

Just on.

I’m calling B/S. Or that guy should NEVER smoke pot again. SMH

I like weed.

Munchies are not overblown.

As humans, we have endocannibinoid receptors in the brain. There are actually drugs that act on the receptors developed to blunt hunger to be used as a weight loss aid.

It is pretty much established as fact that pot makes you hungry. Doesnt mean that hunger is uncontrollable, but the feeling is real.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Munchies are not overblown.

As humans, we have endocannibinoid receptors in the brain. There are actually drugs that act on the receptors developed to blunt hunger to be used as a weight loss aid.

It is pretty much established as fact that pot makes you hungry. Doesnt mean that hunger is uncontrollable, but the feeling is real. [/quote]

Endocannibinoid Receptors

I now know what I will name my next band.