Maple Syrup Strength (littlesleeper)

You’re cooking them, right? You don’t have to eat like Rocky.

1 Like

We have 5 hens… although, one might end up being a rooster. We aren’t positive yet. They are probably a month or two from beginning to lay.

Scrambled is ok… I usually fry them and cut out the yolk. I just hate the taste of a cooked yolk. I don’t mind a runny yolk on rice, quinoa or meat.

I do cook them. I just can’t stand the taste or texture of a cooked yolk. Literally, the worst thing ever.

1 Like

I feel bad for you. I can eat a half runny yolk and it’s delicious! But everyone is different with texture. My wife hates the smell of eggs too. She apparently has a powerful nose because she can smell it as soon as she hits the threshold to the kitchen when I’m cooking.

Ya… I got pretty screwed in the texture department. I can’t stand potatos, carrots, watermelon or creamy textures (think cream cheese).

It’s super weird because fries aren’t an issue. Although, I struggle with potato wedges if they are larger, because the ratio of potato to fried exterior is greater. They just trigger a gag reflex, even though I don’t mind the taste.

Damn dude! Those paired with eggs eliminate some damn decent food choices. Too bad you couldn’t be turned off potato chips and ice cream…

2 Likes

Well, I am allergic to beer… so I have that going for me. I’d sure like to be able to drink beer rather than have an addiction to ice cream though

3 Likes

This must be the saddest thing that I have read all day.

I am from a village in Germany, you would probably count as an alien here :smiley: .

4 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I freaking love beer… sadly, several years ago it started out of nowhere and I get violently sick.

Just this weekend I ordered a cheeseburger and couldn’t figure out why I was puking… found out it was because the cheese was made with an IPA. I can get away with ciders and most Gose though.

That is really bad luck dude. There is worse though :wink:

1 Like

Ha ha.

No, I agree with you. I learned how to clean simply because I wanted to be able to OHP without needing a rack.

Olympic lifting is probably not a good time investment in terms of actually gaining physique and strength.

4 Likes

Tell that to the CrossFitters! There’s no denying the physique and physical capabilities of the elite competitors, BUT they do train all day long like it’s their job.

1 Like

So, exactly a poor choice in terms of time invested? Lol

2 Likes

Wouldn’t elite Olympic lifters be a better example?

I like watching Olympic lifters on Youtube. Look for Rebeka Koha. She’s freaking strong now; a 120kg clean while weighing 58kg competition weight.

Elite Crossfit women have nothing on her.

Elite CrossFitters don’t measure up to anyone who specializes in any one aspect of the competitions. They’re not elite, but they seem to be really good at many things. I admire that.

4 Likes

07/06/2017

##Day 2 - Push/Pull

Band Pullaparts SS/ Handstands
Submaximal - used as warmup, and handstands are fun.

15/15s x 4

Weighted Dips SS/ Weighted Wide Grip Pullups

BW x 8 / +25lbs x 6
+25 x 8 / +25lbs x 6
+35 x 8 / +25lbs x 6
+45 x 8 / +25lbs x 6
+60 x 8 / +25lbs x 6
+70 x 8 / +25lbs x 6

Incline DB Press SS/ Db Seal Row
Using 70lb DBs:
10/15
10/15
10/15

OH Tricep Extension SS/ Hammer Curl SS/ Lat Raise
Using 30lb DBs:
12/12/12
12/12/12
12/12/12

Good pumpin’ workout.

07/08/2017

##Day 3 - Upper/Lower
Log Clean (once) and Press SS/ SGHP
85 x 5 / 45 x 8
105 x 5 / 95 x 8
135 x 5 / 135 x 6
175 x 3 x 5 / 185 x 4 x 6
175 x 8

Ok, oops. Either I completely forgot the weight of my Log or it has dried out since I’ve owned it (unlikely - but possible?). I think I’ve been calculating my weight of the empty log as 85lbs, but after repping the 175lbs relatively easily, I weighed it and it was only 155…so the log is actually only 65lbs. I love the feeling of thinking you’re strong, just to have that crushed by realizing your mistake in gym math…
Anywho, just subtract 20lbs from the above log work.

SSB Squats
135 x 10
185 x 10
225 x 10 x 4
135 x 20

Oh ya, this was fun. Knee wasn’t terribly happy with it, but I enjoyed it.

Ab Wheel Rollouts
15, 15, 15

This was a very fun workout, short sweet and effective.

Short week, mixed with some other crazy nonsense in the evening pushed my workouts a little later in the week than I prefer. Tomorrow I’ll play around with some implements and/or deadlifts but not go too hard as I’ll be starting my full week 2 of the program on Monday and want to be relatively fresh.

7 Likes

The absolute worst!

3 Likes

07/09/2017

Day 4 - Deadlift

Weather has been a little unpredictable today. It was sunny this morning so I cut the grass, then it rained pretty hard. Then the sun came back out and my wife and I went for a walk with the dog and got ice cream (chocolate peanut butter on a waffle cone) and as we were heading home it started pouring again.
I decided to do some light deadlifts today rather than strongman since it was now pretty wet out.
Still feeling some leg DOMS from yesterdays SSB volume.

As I was setting up the bar, I remembered that awhile ago I was getting into the squat stance deadlift, but for one reason or another it fell out of my training so I decided today would be squat stance DL.

Sorry for the long intro, but I’m currently a little excited…

Back Extensions SS/ Band Pullaparts
BW x 10 x 3 / 33, 33, 33

Squat-Stance DL
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 3
405 x 3
455 x 3 ← Added straps on this set
495 x 1
545 x 1
585 x 1 ← I failed this weight just month or so ago. Felt like it moved quick, so PR TIME!
605 x 1 ← +5lb PR, it has been a LONG time since setting a PR, so this felt amazing.

Finished off with a little foam rolling and stretching. Yes, the plan coming into this workout was some light DL volume.

Looking for a deadlift PR? It’s all about your pre-workout nutrition: Chocolate, Peanut Butter Ice Cream on a Waffle Cone. I trucking love being in a calorie surplus. I can’t wait until my knee is 90%+ pain free, because I’ll be coming for that 520lb squat PR!

I’m still a little amped up on Nose Tork.

Also, this PR brings my Gym Lifetime PR Total to 1500lbs. Obviously couldn’t rock this in a meet, but still a goal to just drive this PR Total as high as possible.

12 Likes
11 Likes

As he pulls a 600 :no_mouth:

Good job mate, it came up really nice!

You could pull 7 in a short time. That was quite smooth.
And not only was it pretty smooth, it’s a stance you haven’t done/practiced in a while.

3 Likes