Maple Syrup Strength (littlesleeper)

I received some of the photos taken by the photographer from my strongman event, here are a few:

6 Likes

11 Likes

March 29, 2023
A quick session before my night shift:
Trap Bar Deadlift
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5
365 x 5
405 x 5
455 x 5
495 x 5
365 x 10

Whew, this was tiring. Energy is very low, I was very close to losing my internal debate on whether or not to do this workout. At least I got the main work done for the day!

6 Likes

Love a good action shot.

1 Like

Great photos! Handsome devil

1 Like

@simo74 - they are great to look back on! That tire flip simulator photo puts me back into that moment of panic of “uh oh, I don’t think I’m going to get this third flip!”

:smiling_face: thanks!

Another photo to explain/justify the title of my log, our first batch of syrup has now been bottled.

6 Likes

I kept on looking for the syrup bottle until I realized I was an idiot lol

2 Likes

I want to see pictures from the party that emptied all those bottles in the first place

1 Like

@atlas13 - haha, now that is funny! :laughing:

@simo74 - no you do not, trust me! Lol

1 Like

A few brief updates:

My spring/summer shift begins on Monday where my hours shift to 6:30am-3pm. This allows me to get home, get a <1hr lift/exercise in before going to pick up our oldest from daycare. During the 7:30am-4pm shift this winter, my “free hour” is before work and I wasn’t able to convince myself to sacrifice that hour of sleep. Hopefully by next winter our youngest will be sleeping more consistently, allowing Mommy and Daddy to feel a little more like themselves again!

I have 16lbs of Metabolic Drive heading in my direction. This is going to replace my lunch (which has been drive thru more than I would like to admit), and my late night snacking. I plan to keep my eggs (fresh, free range from our property) for breakfast, and then a light, healthy meal with my family in the evenings.

I mentioned it previously, but I bought Brian’s (Alpha) 60 Sandbag Sessions ebook and it is full of gems, highly recommend if you’re looking to spice up your training and lack the creative side of your brain like me. Training for my competition that had a sandbag carry quickly showed me the value in sandbags. Increased work capacity, bigger/stronger posterior chain, traps and biceps/forearms?! Yes please.

My training has been in a difficult place for me, despite having competed in a strongman comp and performed better than expected. I am looking forward to April and beyond. I expect that the increased consistency with training and nutrition is going to yield some relatively quick results.

Stayed tuned friends, Sleeper is going to become dangerous again, lol. (Yes, I just referred to myself as my screen name in third person - no judgement zone?)

8 Likes

Hoping this will work out for you as well as I’ve experienced. So great to remove that bit of bandwidth and have the decision made.

Exciting times ahead!

1 Like

Hm; I do that all the time…

FIFY

1 Like

April 2, 2023
Strict Log Press (Clean once)
75 x 5
125 x 5
125 x 5
175 x 5
195 x 5
195 x 5
175 x 10

Reverse Hyper
110 x 12
110 x 12
110 x 12

Sandbag to Shoulder
EMOM 6mins
150lbs x 4

I was hoping for 10mins, but I was DEAD after 6mins. Laid on the floor for 5mins after this to catch my breath/recover. My work capacity is in need of some attention!

5 Likes

Simo74 is seriously pumped that little sleeper is going to get dangerous again. Simo74 will gladly join him on that quest for awesomeness.

2 Likes

Atlas13 thinks this trend needs to die.

2 Likes

April 3, 2023

Good news: My 16 lbs of Metabolic Drive just arrived!

Bad news: I was hit with a $75 duty for cross-border shipping, there go my cost savings from the sale that I was taking advantage of!

Squat
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 5
365 x 5
405 x 5
315 x 10

Sandbag Leg Blaster
AMRoundsAP in 10mins

So I failed to complete a single round. I won’t fully disclose the workout as it is from @Alpha 's 60 Sandbag sessions ebook, but has anyone here tried a single-shoulder sandbag lunge? Wow, if you think you are good at bracing, give this a shot.
I was using a 150lb bag, and managed to eek out 5reps with each leg after failing that amount or more. That bag was man-handling me.
After the workout, I went and watched his video below, which I’m sure would have helped, but alas, I have been humbled once again.

The sandbag and I are working on this love-hate relationship.

9 Likes

April 6, 2023
OHP
95 x 10
135 x 8
135 x 5
185 x 5
195 x 3
225 x 4
185 x 6

I was pleased to hit 4 reps with my topset. My max reps at this weight is 5reps back in 2020. I’m 3yrs older, but not much weaker! The battle against time continues.

Side Delt Raises
30lbs x 12
30lbs x 12
30lbs x 12

Ring Chins

Sandbag Finisher
10min EMOM
Sandbag to left shoulder
Sandbag Squat
Sandbag to right shoulder
Sandbag Squat

(~15-20s of work, 40-45s rest)

Good finisher, I wasn’t completely gassed, but my heart rate was up the entire time and those 40s went QUICK!

7 Likes
3 Likes

April 10th, 2023
Deadlift
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 3
455 x 5
495 x 3
545 x 2
455 x 8

Reverse Wrist Roller