Maple Syrup Strength (littlesleeper)

You are killing it right now mate, deff making me work harder. Thanks for that :wink:

1 Like

Absolutely destroying it right now mate

No, gracias.

How many chickens will you have? Just googled and I would need about 6 hens for my daily egg requirements. I wonder if my wife would let me have a chicken coop?

1 Like

We are starting with 6 this year. The coop is only 4ā€™x8ā€™, so probably 10 hens would be the maximum.

It wonā€™t completely cover my egg consumption, but it will supplement it with eggs from some happy/spoiled chickens!

3 Likes

We get about 8 eggs a day from 10 hens. Iā€™m pretty much the only egg eater at this time, and if you donā€™t keep up with eating them they build up quick. I have about 2 dozen extra at this time. My wife at first loved the idea, but the chickens get in her gardens now and tear it up which pisses her off to no end. Also the chickens we got are hybrid layers/fryers. Buff Orpingtons they are fatties. They better lay eggs because they would look awesome fried up.

2 Likes

5th set of my 5x5 at 475lbs, this was rough.

6 Likes

05/26/2021
100 BW Squats
A bunch of foam rolling, and hip rehab moves.

05/28/2021
5/3/1 BtM W6D1
SUPERSET
Squats - still feeling a little beat up from that widowmaker set 3 days ago!
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
375 x 5
425 x 5
475 x 5
475 x 5
475 x 5
475 x 5
475 x 5 (vid above)

Axle Press
115 x 5
170 x 5
195 x 5
215 x 5
170 x 15

Owe the assistance work. Hunger has been through the roof since my widowmaker set! Might take some after photos tomorrow morning if I wake up looking alright.

5 Likes

@Chris_Colucci - Some after photos from this morning for the T-ransformation Challenge.
Morning weight of 222.8lbs.

Since January Iā€™ve gained strength (hit a few lifetime PRs this year), become more conditioned to higher rep sets (BBB and now widow makers from BtM), and appear a little leaner. A lot of steps forward so far this year!

11 Likes

Looking like a tank mate. You forgot to mention you did all this with a full time job, a new house, a young kid and all the other shit the world threw at you. Great work.

1 Like

Damn good job this year. You have put the work in for sure. Nice to see that itā€™s paid off. Reading this thing all the time you have always been a very strong dude just seems like youā€™ve elevated your game this year for sure.

1 Like

Thanks @simo74 and @zeptrey, I appreciate the support!

Looking back to my before photos, it looks like I managed to drop 2.4lbs from my starting weight. From the photos, it looks like I lost more fat than that, so thatā€™s a win.

Before (225.2lbs)/after (222.8lbs) comparison.

10 Likes

Shit dude, thatā€™s a ridiculous transformation - you literally only lost size on your waist and everything else stayed yoked. Thatā€™s the dream right there, bro.

2 Likes

Exactly what I was going to say and got strongerā€¦thatā€™s the unicorn we all are hunting.

1 Like

And those quads, dude! Really nice work in here.

1 Like

Are you sure you didnā€™t gorge yourself with salty food for that before photo? Thatā€™s a ridiculous visible change for 2.4 lbs.

1 Like
2 Likes

Those deadlifts moved quick man

Thanks, Flap! This last stretch of training had very little focus on losing fat and was more focused on getting through some gruelling training programs while eating to recover. I thought I was getting a little leaner, but I was a little surprised myself when seeing the before/after side by side like that.

This is the main goal, the fat loss was just a welcome addition!

Thank you!

Some muscle gained along with some fat loss. A good few months of training.

They didnā€™t feel that way! The third set was a lot slower than this set. My upper back was tiring as the sets went on, and started become more difficult to lock out.

3 Likes

June 1, 2021
5/3/1 Building the Monolith W6D2
Deadlift
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 3
435 x 5
495 x 5
555 x 5
555 x 5
555 x 5

Bench Press
135 x 5
185 x 5
245 x 5
275 x 5
310 x 5
310 x 5
310 x 5
310 x 5
310 x 5

Wow, what a session (skipped all assistance work). Those 555lb deadlifts were tough! The last set I could feel my upper back starting to breakdown as I was nearing lockout but completed all reps/sets.

Thatā€™s a rather significant volume PR for bench at this weight. I felt like I could have hit 10 reps on that first set (which would have been a MASSIVE rep PR).

As this is the last week of BtM and the workouts are kicking my ass, Iā€™m planning to take a deload week where I test a max or two (Iā€™m thinking bench and deadlift, since I hit a squat and OHP PR two months ago).

8 Likes

06/03/2021
10 Rounds of:
10 Burpees (6 count)
10 Chins
10 Dips

33min 56s

There is a lot of room left for improvement on this one, but still had the sweat pouring and breathing was heavy. Those burpees started to sneak up on me during round 7-8, the pace started to slow significantly around this point.

4 Likes