T Nation

Maple Syrup Strength (littlesleeper)

Good to see that you are ok, even if life is really busy. Boy turning1 is so exciting. They change so much from this point in with them learning new things all the time. Enjoy this time with him and make the most of it.

2 Likes

Not yet a dad myself, but I’m pretty sure all the dads here would gladly trade training time for dad time, specially at the age of your kid. Glad to hear things are going great!

1 Like

Well, here is how the home gym currently sits.

9 Likes

Did you hear about WPC Canada nationals in Kingston in November?

I’m hesitant to sign up because it might suck due to COVID restrictions, but there isn’t really anything else going on these days.

1 Like

Looks really good sleepy time to start maximising those home gym gainzzzz

1 Like

If I was stronger than I am now I would try to get in.

I don’t know if it will be any good, space is already limited so it won’t be big and it might end up being all novice lifters. Plus if you have to wear masks all the time I would rather stay home. On their facebook page there is something about the COVID precautions at meets, it won’t be a normal meet for sure. I’m just wondering what other people are thinking.

8cc8a9ebe0af89ce2bc2723313acfa5e--seinfeld-note

I train in a mask and this isnt nearly as bad as you would think. You sweat a bit more but not a big deal. The right mask helps a ton though. My first mask was a bit thinner and would suction itself to my nostrils or mouth when I breathed heavy. 2nd one is thicker but allows more airflow (no idea on that I just know it doesnt clog my nose).

Sleeper if you are going to do the meet I would just suggest doing your complifts in a mask to get used to it…and embrace the BAANNNEEEE!!! :smiley:

1 Like

I have had enough of wearing masks, I don’t think I can enjoy anything that involves wearing one. I thought about it and I’m not interested.

1 Like

At my gym I train at, they had to make it mandatory the whole time. Reason is because a few people would not wear it from one station to another than take it off.

I hadn’t heard about it, definitely interested, but we have a few people in our circle who have compromised immune systems so we have been very careful with our exposure.

Oh yeah! Vacation week of beer and good grub, then back to the grind.

Haha, I just moved a wood stove out of a guys basement and was wearing a mask. It was pretty awful, but it was just a disposable one. I kept sucking it into my mouth I was breathing so hard.

2 Likes

Well friends, I woke up yesterday and realized that I’ve gotten fat (fat for me).

Tipping the scales at 220.4lbs yesterday morning upon waking, and not looking nearly as muscular as I previously have at this weight. Feeling quite bloated and ready for a fit-blitz.

Other life priorities are beginning to settle, and I can devote a little more of my time/energy into training again. I intend on tracking workout/progress on here again more consistently.

The plan? The Jacked Athlete 31 (from Thib’s site)

This week is going to be a bit of a transition week to wake my muscles up and acclimate to full body workouts. Monday was my first full body workout in a loooonnnnggggg time and it kicked my a$$. I didn’t stop sweating for nearly an hour after my workout (post cool shower). Anyone else find this with full body workouts?

Monday’s Workout
SSB Squat
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 5
365 x 5
365 x 5

Incline Press
135 x 5
185 x 8
185 x 8
185 x 8

RDL
225 x 10
225 x 10
225 x 10

T-Bar Row
45 x 12
90 x 12
90 x 12
90 x 12

6 Likes

Woah. You’re in canada right? That’s weird

1 Like

Yeah man I feel that!

1 Like

Ha…ha. Our igloos are warm!

Lol, so…out…of shappee…

Today’s Workout
Zercher Squat - 5s isometric hold mid-rep
135 x 5
185 x 5
185 x 5
185 x 5
185 x 5

These were actually killer for the weight being used. My legs were shaking during that 5s hold in the last two sets.

Military Press - 5s isometric hold at top of head
135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5

First two sets were pretty easy, last two, not so much. The fatigue on those holds started catchin up to me fast.

RDL - red mini band around waist, pulling back. - 5s hard contraction of the buns at the top (against band)
185 x 6
185 x 6
185 x 6
185 x 6

These were too light, but I was exhausted by this point and was feeling lazy. I’m also unsure how to manage recovery with 3-4 bull body workouts per week. I’ll be using this week as a bit of a feeler.

Seated Wide Grip Cable Rows - 5s isometric hold at full contraction
50 x 5
100 x 5
100 x 5
100 x 5
100 x 5

Another workout that was really draining. A lot more time under tension than I’m used to. The next 12 weeks is going to look a lot different than what my previous training has looked like over the past few years. Let’s see if I can shed some fluff and fill out those shirt sleeves.

4 Likes

I am on the opposite side of this living in Mexico if its not 30+ degrees my family is wearing sweaters while watching me sweat through my 3rd sleeveless shirt of the day.

2 Likes

Is that a posh way of trying to say wife beater vest?

I don’t even shower until I’ve stopped sweating these days.

1 Like

hahhaha, yes.

I actually have never heard that before.

Haha I wasn’t sure if the idiom carried outside of the UK (which is why I put vest at the end we’d normally just call it a wife beater or beater, but I didn’t want you thinking I was accusing you of anything!)

2 Likes

Saturday’s Workout
Jacked Athlete 31 - Pre-start
Squat
135 x 6
225 x 6
315 x 6
335 x 6
365 x 4
405 x 4

Bench
135 x 6
225 x 6
245 x 6
275 x 4
295 x 4

Deadlift
225 x 6
315 x 6
365 x 6
405 x 4
455 x 4

I hate workouts with S/B/D. It feels like half of the workout was loading and unloading the bar, just brutal.

Missed my pendlay rows because the little man woke up from his nap and cut my session short. Might get them in later today. Lots of painting was accomplished today, which sucked, but happy to have completed.

2 Likes