Maple Syrup Strength (littlesleeper)

I like it and find it pretty easy to do. Only two days a week of being really hungry instead of 7 days being fairly hungry.
I’m actually doing a low day today in an attempt to level out the unhealthy eating from earlier this week. I just try and stay full by drinking ridiculous amounts of water and it usually does the trick. Spend most of the day walking to and from the bathroom though lol

1 Like

Good one! I would like to follow those tips as well. Feel free to share more info. Thanks!

1 Like

You should ask him to show current picture. I even don’t think he keeps his childhood photos. :slight_smile:

Woke up with a sore throat, stuffed nose and feeling like shit… I only had 2 pints last night so it isn’t self-induced. This is, however, the second time after doing my DL 1’s week that cold like symptoms have followed. I’m going to say that I may be using too high of a TM and I’m going to knock it back a bit. Especially now that I’m not force feeding the calories I could probably do ok with a little reduced intensity.

I am going to be on a deload week next week which will be necessary, but I might drop my program volume down and just do the Triumvirate for a cycle. I may mix in an ab routine or an arms routine here and there if I feel that I need to. This should let me fully recover without sacrificing much (any) strength.

Here is some lifting footage from Thursday.

3 Likes

Don’t forget that you’re pulling more than just the DL sets with all the cleans you do. It’ll add up.

1 Like

Ya, I didn’t know until I tried. But doing the 1’s of continental cleans followed by deadlifts I think is a little too straining for me. I think it will do me some good to claw intensity back for a 4 week cycle to make sure I’m not over reaching.

Week 3 Day 3

A little behind as I was away on course… I went in and did my main work, with no assistance.

SSB Squats
135 x 10
205 x 10 x 5

These really seem to lock my back up tight. Might start rotating them in more often.
Had to do some stretches before I felt comfortable tackling the log.

Log Clean and Press (Clean once)

85 x 5
115 x 5
135 x 5
175 x 3
235 x 4

Hardest thing about these for me is breathing. Fighting off suffocation while holding the log on my chest. If I try to breath during lockout I lose my rigidity and start shaking like a shitting dog. I’ll get better at these. Happy to know I can straight rip 235lbs up to my chest without lapping it. Should shave off a few seconds in competition.

That’s all. Will post video later, phone not connecting to computer right meow.

1 Like

Off day today, and still battling this cold so just hanging around the house. I watched “Fittest on Earth” documentary on Netflix. I couldn’t just sit and watch it so I did:

Band Dislocates 3 x 10
Banded Good mornings 3 x 25
Empty Bar Snatches (Never tried these before - I basically needed to have my hands out at the collars for my shoulder mobility to be able to hold the bar overhead while in a squat) 3 x 5 @45lbs
10mins AirDyne 20s Hard 2mins rest
Foam Rolling

Plans for next cycle:
5/3/1 Bodyweight (From Wendler’s 2nd Edition Book)
This will hopefully let me fully recover and feel more flexible and healthy. Then I can get back into pushing things a little harder again.
I’m also going to lighten my TM a little bit to make sure I’m not running myself into the ground.

Sample Week:

Monday
Military Press 5/3/1
Chins (75+ reps)
Dips (75+ reps)

Tuesday
Deadlift 5/3/1
Back Raises (75+ reps)
Hanging Leg Raises (75+ Reps)

Thursday
Bench 5/3/1
Chins (75+ reps)
Pushups (75+ reps)

Friday
Squat 5/3/1
One-legged Squats / Lunges (?? reps, we will have to see how tough these are)
Sit Ups (75+ reps)

I have two little bonus workouts that I also am going to try and fit in during the week either on an off day or to finish/substitute assistance:

Wendler’s “How to Build Stronger Abs”
 Weighted Sit-ups – 25 or 45lb plate held behind head for 10 reps
 Hanging Leg Raises –10 reps
 Abdominal Wheel – 15 reps
 Side Bends – 100lb DB for 20 reps/side

CT’s Strongman Arms

4 Likes

Here is my log clean and press of 235lbs x 4:

6 Likes

That looked gutsy AF. Nice.

BTW, the lunges/split squats even at bodyweight will suck if you try to hit over 20 reps per leg in a set. So maybe total of 50 reps per leg to start, just to get a feel for them.

1 Like

Haha ya, I wasn’t far from pulling a @Benanything.

That’s probably a good idea in regards to the lunges/split squats. Whenever I do something new, I usually experience some crazy DOMS until my body becomes accustomed to the movement.

3 Likes

Seriously, what are your biceps made of?!

2 Likes

I guess all those curls for the girls in high school/University are finally paying off. I wasn’t sure if I was going to try to power curl the 235 but I remembered the 205lbs curling up pretty easy, so game time decision to giver a go.

1 Like

02/06/2017

5/3/1 Deload Week

I’m going to freestyle this deload week and do it over 4 days rather than 3 days as I have for the previous 3 weeks. Get my main 4 movements in (1 each day) then just some fluffy stuff after for fun.

OHP
95 x 5
115 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5

Chins (Neutral Grip)
10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 9, 8

Bench Dips
25, 20, 20, 20

Seated Partial Close-Grip OHP
135 x 10 ← felt easy
225 x 2 ← whoa, a little too ambitious
155 x 8
155 x 6 x 4 (focusing on controlled eccentric for blasting triceps)

Axle Curls
95 x 6
95 x 5
75 x 8
75 x 6 x 3 (focusing on 3-4s eccentric)

Nothing crazy here. Started off with some foam rolling and working on some shoulder mobility. I really want to be able to hold that front rack position. I think it will help a lot in the Push Press if I’m able to generate power from my shoulders through the bar rather than through my hands.

2 Likes

Superb!

1 Like

Ok, this is the second week in a row I’ve gained weight (+0.2lbs then +0.4lbs), so this week I’m going to lose weight, guaranteed. I thought I could consistently lose weight down to 205lbs by just not overeating, since I had been intentionally overeating for so long. I’m going to start mixing in some LISS a few days a week and substitute a protein shake and fish oil pill for one meal a day. So this meal will only be 240 cals rather than he usual 500-700cals.
This is a lot easier for me to be consistent than pretending I’m going to measure/weigh everything I eat.

Did a little caffeine trick this morning to get out of bed (I can’t remember where I picked it up, and too lazy to search right now). I broke a caffeine pill in half and put it on my nightstand last night. Alarm went off, took half, hit snooze and went back to sleep. Alarm went off again and I was MUCH more ready to get up than usual. Took the second half, made a BCAA cocktail and went down to the treadmill.

Day 1 of LISS
0% Incline
3.5mph
20mins
1.16miles

I was just at the brink of starting to sweat, but if I start doing even this 3x per week I think it will make a big difference.

Also, I’m going to start weighing myself every day. Simply for the fact that this will help me make better choices EVERY day rather than just the Sunday before weigh in. I know weight fluctuates daily, but this is more of a mental thing than anything else. It will be done fasted in the A.M.

Today’s Weight: 207.4lbs…uhm, checked it a few times to be sure. Well that’s a 2.4lb drop since Sunday. I was off sick from work yesterday and walked a few times and drank a TON of water to try to beat this. So I’m going to say I’m just dry…anyway. I’ll take it.

Cool, have a good day y’all.

4 Likes

This might be something I’ll have to try on some early morning starts. I remember reading once about having caffeine before a short nap but I’ve not tried it. How long did you snooze for? And did you feel tired a bit later on? Even if I can get up I end up nearly falling asleep an hour later some days.

Well, I have a 10min snooze on my phone, but I might make it 15mins for tomorrow. I feel like the caffeine hadn’t quite kicked in yet. To be honest, I didn’t feel tired later. The big thing for me is just getting out of bed, once out, I’m up for the day.

Treadmill got the blood flowing and feeling awake, then after treadmill I transitioned into my regular coffee consumption…so I’m sure that also helped

1 Like

Sounds like it’ll be worth trying, I usually end up snoozing my alarm for 10 minutes anyway. I rarely have coffee but I had one this morning and it definitely helped.
Thanks for the idea.

1 Like

Hopefully it will work for you, I’m going to be giving it a good go over the next few weeks to try and get in some fasted LISS to try and expedite this fat loss process!

1 Like

You look like me if I wasn’t such a fat piece of shit.

3 Likes