Maple Syrup Strength (littlesleeper)

Haha yep! I have a crazy year ahead of me. My wife and I are both very excited, with a hint of stress and anxiety, lol.

3 Likes

When doing a session like this how much rest are you giving yourself between sets?

I was one of three guys working through this on the same bench/rack. One younger fellow was doing less weight, and I was using the exact same weight as the other guy (who eeked out the 380lbs, which made it even worse that I missed it, lol). I would say we had around 2mins or more between sets by the time we unloaded + set + reloaded + set then back to me.

1 Like

Gotcha. That seems about right. Give the muscle enough time to recover and get back ready to push

I would have thought 2 mins is a little short once you get up to 90%+. I would have gone 3 or more mins.

I honestly never track rest periods unless Iā€™m intentionally keeping them short (30-45s). Otherwise, I just kind of go back at the weight when I feel ready (but try not to take too longā€¦).

4 Likes

Traphouse Barbell W7D2
ME UPPER
Trap Bar Deadlift - low handles, small footprint bar (narrowish stance)
45 x 5
245 x 5 (tossed the 100ā€™s on the bar, not a long sleeve length on this trap bar)
335 x 3
425 x 2
515 x 1
605 x 1
655 x 1 ā† Tough one, slow rep, but I got it. There is a vid floating around somewhere Iā€™ll try to link here.

Medium Stance Squats - ass to grass squats
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5
275 x 5
275 x 5

Stayed fairly light on these and focused on getting as deep as possible

GIANT SET
GHR

Calves - Holding 45lbs

Reverse Hyper - 160lbs

SUPERSET
Banded Hamstring Curls

Grip Work in a Bucket of Rice

Man I love pulling heavy weight!

5 Likes
8 Likes

Awesome grind man!

1 Like

Kickin ass and taking names!!!

1 Like

Yep definitely not fking spiders

2 Likes

Thanks Hog! It felt even slower than it looked haha.

Thanks Jack, it has been since high school since Iā€™ve touched the trap bar, so this was a welcome surprise.

Haha, hopefully not much of that going on in this log!

1 Like

Traphouse Barbell W7D3
DE UPPER
Bench Press - red mini bands, doubled. 2" pad under shirt. 45%
45 x 10
135 x 5
160 x 5 - regular grip
160 x 5 - regular grip
160 x 3 - regular grip, realized these were supposed to be sets of 3ā€¦
160 x 3 - close grip
160 x 3 - close grip
160 x 3 - close grip
160 x 3 - close grip ā† would usually switch to wide grip, but focusing on hitting those triceps
160 x 3 - close grip
160 x 3 - close grip

DB Floor Press
60lbs x 20
80lbs x 20
80lbs x 10
80lbs x 10

GIANT SET
Banded Rows - green band

Chins

Seated DB Shrug C&P
30lbs x 5 + 25lbs x 5
25lbs x 10
25lbs x 10
WEAK at these. Cleaning the DBs up Iā€™m very weak at. There were plenty of smaller guys using 20ā€™s for this, while I struggled with 25ā€™s. Seems to be a rear delt weakness, odd, since I do so many facepulls, but I guess that is the only exercise I really do that targets them. So maybe Iā€™m just getting good at facepulls? Anywho, identified a weakness, and now Iā€™m going to work on it. Hoping that this is a possible culprit to my weak bench press that we can fix!

SUPERSET
Shrugs - DBs
70lbs x 20
70lbs x 20
70lbs x 20

Barbell Situps - Holding legs at 45deg, reaching to them with barbell in hands

Finisher
ā€œScarecrowsā€ - basically a band pullapart, but with a band pulling the band away from youā€¦tough to put into words lol

Just torched what was left of my rear delts here.

4 Likes

Solid work man!

1 Like

Hey Sleepy just saw that trap bar DL.
Whatā€™s happening to you, what about the ā€œI put the bar down gently so I wont hurt the platesā€ thing :slight_smile:
Awesome lift. Awesome sessions.

2 Likes

Haha, I know right? I set the 605lb deadlift down softly, but coach said he wanted me to drop the next one from the top. He said it would look better for the video! lol He was hoping that the clips would both pop off, since they were barely hanging on. He is planning on getting an Instagram going for his gym and wanted that lift to be more theatrical.

Iā€™m not going to lie, it kinda felt good dropping it. I still would not do that with my own equipment or at my home gym, but if the owner wants me to drop it, Iā€™ll drop it.

On the sign as soon as you walk in the door: #8 - Do not lower deadlifts quietly.

8 Likes

Avocados.

1 Like

Quick update:
I went in and did my Friday DE Lower workout, but nothing really worth commenting on.

Coach wasnā€™t there, and the guy who opened the gym had March Madness playing on a projector on the wall. I did a some banded DLs at 55% and then just dabbled with a bunch of assistance. Was a bit more of a hang out than a workout.

This passed weekend was my birthday, which my wife took me on a mini stay-cation (stayed at a hotel in town), then partied with friends on Saturday night. I missed my ME Upper this weekend.

Back to the grind tonight with ME Lower.

6 Likes

You gotta get stronger man. You know only 700lbs on a trap bar is considered strong!!

Lol jk, but that diamond trap bar is dope! Straight grinder, awesome work man! Once you got it to your knees, it was easy for you.

What do you exactly do with this? I have like a 50lb of brown rice that is old that i need to throw, but this might be a good use for it!

We used this for baseball in college. Rotate your hand various directions. Squeeze and supinate. Just mess around with it. Youā€™ll feel the burn.

1 Like