Maple Syrup Strength (littlesleeper)

If you believe it, it counts!

1 Like

Here is the little triceps extension thingy. Lay down on the floor and have your hands on the 3" pipe. Pretty good pump.

4 Likes

Hell of a seasion, maybe next year I might fall to louie

2 Likes

Traphouse Barbell W4D2
ME LOWER
2" Block Pulls - against green bands
45 x 5
245 x 3
335 x 2
425 x 1
515 x 1
605 x 1
680 x 0 ā† broke the floor with it, but gave up quick. I knew it wasnā€™t coming quick enough to beat the bands. May have yelled out some profanity after the miss, and there may have been two women in the gym (oops).
655 x 1 ā† RPE 9.5. Pretty clean rep actually. Held lockout for a few seconds at the top. This is WELL over 700lbs at the top, Iā€™d guess 750lbs or better (I really need to bring a scale in to test the bands).

Coach wanted me to beat my competition deadlift max today (plus bands), which is why we jumped to 680lbs. He is all about the big jumps and ā€œselling outā€ for those max effort lifts. Iā€™m still very happy with the 655lb pull with added band weight.

Cambered Bar Good Mornings
85 x 5
175 x 5
265 x 4
265 x 4
265 x 4
175 x 4

Meh, kinda felt ok. I canā€™t seem to load up the hamstrings very well, so this becomes nearly all lower back. Lower back insertion points not overly excited about this movement. I hope I can find a way for this movement to work for me.

GIANT SET
GHR

Reverse Hyper - 160lbs loaded, using strap attachment

Situps - legs spread eagle, holding 45lb plate above chest

SUPERSET
Calf Raises - holding 45lb plate
50 toes out
50 toes straight
50 toes in

Hamstring Curls
Black band x 50
Red band x 50
Red band x 50

Another one down!

ā€œEveryone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt.ā€

12 Likes

I think this is how it works until the back is bulletproof.

We are doing heavy Goodmornings for 5s tonight.

2 Likes

Another reason to do a powerlifting competition for those who are thinking about it:
You get an online profile that tracks your competition lifts! (fun for stat loving people like myself)

And for all you KG people:

This is from openpowerlifting dot org.

7 Likes

You should switch to kg. A 300kg deadlift sounds way cooler than 650.

1 Like

3 Likes

Apart from TV or YouTube or whateverā€¦ Iā€™ve only ever seen a 300kg deadlift once in a gym by a big ginger haired guy. They didnā€™t like him using the gym because he bent all the bars. Iā€™m not sure about the quality in different bars or whatever, but they were all bent. I havenā€™t been around much strongman gyms, this is just the standard bodybuilding/fitness gyms. Thatā€™s some lift man

1 Like

Well 300kg is a recognisable milestone and quantifiably heavy. On the other hand 650lbs is a weird number in a unit of measurement that only like 5% of the world uses.

Actually I would have assumed you used kg in Canada before reading your log.

1 Like

Thanks man, the deadlift is definitely my best lift of the big three.

Haha, 50% of the people at my powerlifting competition were gingers. Strong fckers.

Haha donā€™t get me started on the bass ackwards way us North Americans measure shit.

Yeah, it is just whatever unit of measurement you grow up with, lol. If I tell my pals that I lifted 300kg, Iā€™d get a semi-blank stare while they try to remember the conversion, or tell them 650lbs and they can instantly relate to how heavy that is. I just started powerlifting a year ago so Iā€™m starting to relate to a few milestone lifts in kg, but Iā€™m still basically just converting them to lbs to recognize how heavy it actually is.

2 Likes

Yeah itā€™s the opposite for me. I donā€™t realise how strong some of the guys here are until I switch the weights to kg in my head.

Iā€™m British so I canā€™t say anything about backwards measurements. We use both completely arbitrarily and interchangeably.

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming all the plates in your gym(s) are kg plates?
I have pretty good gym math (in lbs) so when I hear a weight in lbs I know how many 45ā€™s are on the bar with some change and how difficult each of those weights are for me. If I lifted with kg plates for awhile Iā€™d likely pick up the conversion pretty quickly.

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ve never seen lbs here but Iā€™m sure some gyms have them. I measure my bodyweight in lbs generally to add some extra chaos.

2 Likes

They have to be to survive.

5 Likes

All the plates in the gym I go have both lbs and kgs on them

2 Likes

6 Likes

I donā€™t know what you mean. 300kg is a big lift, so is 660lbs and so is 47stone and 2lbs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

lol, too bad IPF do not have a state tracker like that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like