Maple Syrup Strength (littlesleeper)

Congrats mate. You’re in for a hell of a ride.

Congrats man! Life’s never gonna be the same, but it’s so awesome. I wish mine were little again

2 Likes

Awesome news buddy! Congratulations!

Mine is 2 in April and I already feel like he is a grown up big boy, it just goes by so fast but is the most amazing thing to witness and be a part of.

1 Like

Nice dude! kids are a blessing. The first year will be challenging while training no doubt. Would never trade it for anything though.

:smiley: Thanks man!

That I do! Thanks dude, a lot of learning going on in 2019!

Thanks Simo!

Yep lol, just going to hold on tight and try to enjoy the ride!

Definitely a huge life change, but we’re ready. Our timing was off by a couple months (would have been nice to have the house built when the little one comes) but many people have told me “there is never a perfect time for your first” so time to just roll with it!

Thanks man!

This is exactly what I’m so excited for. A couple of my friends have children around 2yo and they are just their own little person already, so cool to witness from the outside, I can’t imagine how rewarding it would be to be a part of it.

2 Likes

Exactly. Your never going to be ready. There will always be something going on, or eating up finances, or whatever. You’ll simply make it work.

1 Like

I’ve been able to accept this, but now I just need to convince my wife of this! She isn’t quite as optimistic about the upcoming situation as I am…lol

1 Like

You could turn i around and say it’s always the perfect time.
You’ll be amazed how easy the transition is going to be, all the anxiety and questions about the baby and how it’s going to be.
That’ll all vanish the second baby arrives.
Remember the moment you hold baby in your arms the first time… for now the only one that knows something is going to change is your wife?
You’re still don’t know what’s going to happen, but the second you lay your eyes on baby, you becomes vulnerable and oh so proud.
I can’t describe it, but I’ll never forget.

5 Likes

Not sure how much of this is a joke but it is somethings you may want to keep and eye on. My wife tends to let things get to her, over worry and then become a little depressed. It is hard for her to see the good things in life and had to be reminded. Often all she wants is someone to listen to how hard her day has been and something to make her smile or laugh.

2 Likes

Thanks Mort, these are the memories that I can’t wait to experience!

Sort of tongue-in-cheek, but I’m definitely doing my best to be her number one supporter through this time (all times really, but I’ll admit I am being a lot nicer/more patient with her while she has been pregnant). I appreciate the advice though, everyone handles stresses in life differently. Marriage is a team sport!

4 Likes

Traphouse Barbell Conjugate W2D4
DE LOWER

Wide Stance Box Squats - 12"box + 2" mat, Blue Bands (50%)
45 x 5
135 x 5
245 x 5
245 x 5
245 x 5
245 x 5
245 x 5

Focus on “gliding” back onto the box. Pushing feet out, knees out, exploding up. Man, oh, man, box squats smoke my core/lower back. Lovin’ it.

Rack Pulls - lowest pin position (~2" off of ground), Orange band (45%)
45 x 5
135 x 3
225 x 4
315 x 4
315 x 4
315 x 4
315 x 4
315 x 4
315 x 4

Good speed on these. The orange bands are the strongest ones we have in the gym. Coach said they have never been used, because nobody has been strong enough to use them! He was happy to break them out for use. He said he needs to figure out how we can stretch them up to the bar for squatting next! I think we might need to put them on the bar then try squatting it up from the bottom. There is no way we could front raise them onto the bar. The blue are near max effort for doing that.

Good Mornings
115lbs x 15
115lbs x 15
115lbs x 15
115lbs x 15

I’m not a fan of good mornings at all. I find myself cheating, my hips don’t really like them and I can’t figure out how to target the right muscles.

SUPERSET
Razor Curls
10, 10, 10

Back Extensions
15, 15, 15

GIANT SET
Reverse Hyper
160 x 25
160 x 25
160 x 25

Lying Banded Hamstring Curls - purple band

V-Twists - holding a 10lb plate (should have gone heavier)

Good workout, lower back is pumped. I’ve already done more direct hamstring work in the last two weeks than I have probably cumulatively done over my last 2 years of lifting! Lets hope this pays off for that big deadlift!

“Rome wasn’t built in a day, but it was destroyed in one.”

5 Likes

Monster Work was done in here…yum maple syrup, and must be Canadian!!

Welcome bigpappa! It’s been a slow and steady journey, but things have come together pretty well thanks. We do make some delicious, thick, maple syrup and you bet I’m Canadian! Eastern Ontario, more specifically.

We are hitting the gym for DE lower session in about an hour. I’m getting antsy.

Awesome session those razor curls look brutal.

See ya on the flip side

1 Like

Eastern Ontario

Nice, I am just located south of Kitchener

Right on, my last powerlifting competition was actually in Guelph!

Does he have a monolift? Then you could lower the bar, set the bands and jack it back up.

For good mornings sit into your heels and push your butt back. Very similar to an RDL.

Congrats!!

Congratulations man. Mine are 1 and 3 (near enough) and the guys above are right, things will never be the same.

He has a monolith attachment in the corner but it doesn’t fit his rack lol (fits a 2x2 and his is 2x3)

Thanks man, I’ll give those cues a try and hopefully they feel better.

Thanks Dukey!

Thanks dagill! Wow, so you currently have your hands full! How has your sleep schedule been? Able to keep training fairly consistently?

1 Like