Maple Syrup Strength (littlesleeper)

Haha, yeahhh. The program starts with 2 cycles with supplemental at 5x5 FSL, and then moves to 5x10. I’m not sure how likely it is that I will actually do that for deadlifts.
The 11 sets of alternating dips/chins kept my heart rate up throughout the workout. This is very different than the usual 2+mins I take between deadlift sets!

Upper back is feeling like gainsville today.

2 Likes

My athlete version does 10 x 5 - much better!

I agree that I would like this better, but maybe not with trying to stay under 45mins. I’d basically have to eliminate ALL rest periods to try and get 10 sets of supplemental accomplished!

3 Likes

I could see that being a problem. That would also make for about 16 sets of deadlifts if you follow Jim’s 40/50/60% warm up.

Nice work man!

1 Like

Which would also mean 16 sets of alternating chins and dips! Ughhh…

Thanks man, feeling it (mostly) in all the right places today.
Hip is still a little angry. Going to do my best to keep my mobility work consistent and blast through this.

2 Likes

Krypteia W2D2
OHP
45 x 10
95 x 5
115 x 5
145 x 5
165 x 5
185 x 5
145 x 5
145 x 5
145 x 5
145 x 5
145 x 5

Superset with Alternating:
50lb SLDL with shrug at the top
80lb goblet squats, constant tension in the quads

Not bad, flew through this work in 34 mins.

Blasted out 100 band pullaparts in intervals of 25. All finished up in under 40mins.
I could disperse these throughout the workout to probably get them done a little quicker, but I’m starting to enjoy the little banded finisher. I’m alternating 100 banded facepulls or 100 banded pullaparts each workout. Both of these have given me a fantastic upper back/trap/rear delt (the entire “yoke”) burn and pump, so I’ll be leaving them for the end of each workout for now.

So far I’m liking Part 1 of Krypteia. Part 1 run for 6 weeks, then I do 7th Week Protocol, then for Part 2 the supplemental changes to 5x10 FSL… I’m not sure how I feel about Part 2…

5 Likes

Band pulls aparts are money for the back after workout to finish an upper day.

And you’re supposed to push the supersetting exercises :slight_smile: Gonna be fun

I agree. I’ve been consistently including them in my workouts for over a year now (but kinda just doing a half-assed 30-45 per session). I think doing 100 programmed reps each day should really make a difference.

:sob:

1 Like

Sounds like something I should steal from ya. I could use a little more upper back meat for squatting haha.

1 Like

1/18/2019
Krypteia W2D2

Squat
135 x 5
225 x 5
335 x 5
380 x 5
430 x 5
335 x 5
335 x 5
335 x 5
335 x 5
335 x 5

Chins/dips 10each alternating between sets.

Weight moved well today. A little slow moving working up to the top set because the gym was full again, but they cleared out for my FSL sets and I flew through those. Nice cardio session hitting the 5x5 at 335. Legs are feeling this today.

1/19/2019
Krypteia W2D3

Bench
45 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 5
275 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5

Top set was prescribed weight, but bumped the first set to 225lbs instead of 215lbs. Got all sets without too much trouble.

SLDL with 50lb dbs and 80lb goblet squats between sets. Feeling good to get the hips, quads and hams some blood as they were feeling pretty tight from squats yesterday.

Last night I was fat with candy and chips while at a friend’s place. Tonight my wife and I are off to a dance, so hopefully the calories burned from dancing > calories consumed from whisky.

5 Likes

That won’t help with those abs !!!

1 Like

Why have abs when you can eat delicious food!

The trick is to have both

4 Likes

Subbed, looking forward to seeing this. Also please let me know secret to 275x5 bench… 5 reps with my max :man_superhero:

1 Like

Exactly!

This does seem to be tricky.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks man, that’s actually the lift that I need to bring up the most! But still tends to fall pretty low on my list of lifting priorities…

Woke at 225.2lbs. WTF!?
Friday night: Candy/chips
Saturday: Thai food takeout and drunken shenanigans
Sunday: Not a lot of food, nursing a hangover. A few naps during the day.
Monday morning: Weight PR?

I didn’t even feel/look bloated this morning, I figured I’d be around the 220lb mark. Yikes.

With that being said:
I’m treating myself to a Concept 2 rower tonight. Getting it second hand for $650. Big splurge, but this is something that my wife and I will both get good use out of. I’ve been keeping my eyes peeled for one for awhile now. This is as low as I’ve seen one offered in over a year (talked them down from $750), and it’s close to where I live. I received money from my family for xmas as I basically told them I wanted new gym toys, so this is already paid for from gift money. It has been -20C without the wind chill now for a week, the dog doesn’t even want to go for walks (too cold for his paws). Hopefully having this option will make me move my lazy ass a bit more.

7 Likes

That is a bargain Sleepy.
One of the best toys for total body conditioning.
Try to do 2000 m for time, you’ll end up falling of the rower, laying on the ground gasping for air like a fish on land.

2 Likes

Thanks Mort, I know it is a good deal, but I appreciate hearing it from someone else. I’m a cheap bastard, so purchases like this make me pretty anxious! I’ve been watching several videos on the rowers so I have a good idea what to look for when inspecting it before purchase. I have very limited time spent on them, but think it will be a great addition to the home gym.

This sounds awful. I’ll likely start out with just a few intervals of 3-5min rows haha.

1 Like