Maple Syrup Strength (littlesleeper)

So how do you know what you won’t miss?

Haha, I enjoy the experience at other people’s expense, rather it not be me!

Yep, just looking for that PR total!

11/15/2018
Squat
135 x 6
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 3
405 x 1 ← Added belt here
455 x 1
495 x 1
525 x 1
525 x 1
525 x 1 ← RPE 9.5 here
525 x 1
525 x 1

Reps were pretty smooth. Third set seemed to feel the hardest, for whatever reason.

Bench
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 1
315 x 1
340 x 1
340 x 1
340 x 1
340 x 1
340 x 1

All of these were around RPE 9-9.5. They were not fast reps, not sure if I could have hit it for a double or not. Nice to know I can hit 5 singles at this weight, but it did not feel light!

A bunch of 100lb DB rows and some ab wheel to finish off the workout.

9 Likes

Luck… ;D

(Basically RPE, the same way you know to take a planned or smaller 3rd)

1 Like

LAST HEAVY WORKOUT BEFORE MY COMPETITION THIS COMING SATURDAY!

11/18/2018
Squats
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 2
405 x 1 ← Added belt
455 x 1
495 x 1
545 x 1 ← Not too bad! Woot woot!

I was supposed to hit 535lbs tonight, but I said eff it and threw the 25’s on there for 545lbs. 551lbs was my 3rd attempt at an RPE10.5 at my last meet. I think a solid PR is in the tank here for squat.

Bench
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 1
315 x 1
350 x 1 ← RPE10, yikes.

Again, this was supposed to be 345lbs, but I wanted to hit 350lbs so I felt even more confident with 345lbs (which defeated me at my last comp). I hit it, but it was RPE10.

Very pleased with this workout, now one more working on Tuesday night just working up to singles at some light weight and then I’ll be heading out of town for work (~3hrs from home and ~1hr from my competition) so this work trip actually works out perfectly. I’m going to a concert on Thursday night (The Glorious Sons) and then Friday morning I write an exam for a certification for work, then Friday afternoon (2-4pm) I go to my weigh in. I’ll have to be a little conscious of my eating drinking, because I’m hovering around that 220lb mark. I just plan on fasting through until weigh in and then going vertical diet to replenish everything (sodium, rice, beef, orange juice, spinach, peppers, carrots).

8 Likes
4 Likes

MAPLE SYRUP POWAAAA!! Looking forward to see how you go man

1 Like

Can’t wait to see how you go, good luck mate. Go and smash it

1 Like

Good luck brother

2 Likes

@duketheslaya @simo74 @MarkKO - Thanks guys, I appreciate the support!

2 Likes

Going to kick some ass man.

1 Like

Is there a live feed ?
Good luck Sleepy. I’ll sit here on the other side of the world cheering.

1 Like

Thanks @mr.v3lv3t and @mortdk.

My last meet they did put up a live feed on their instagram page, so I’m assuming that they will again.

And here is the post where Jimmy Paquet says he is in and Amit Sapir says he thinks he will be in…oh boy, what am I getting myself into…

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnR7t70B8h9/

4 Likes

Well just because they are famous doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to outlift them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Go kick some ass man!

1 Like

Good luck man

1 Like

Best of luck mate!

1 Like

Correct.

Thanks @losthog, @kckfl349, @mattjp.

Last workout before my competition is tonight, but I’ll just be working up to some “light” squats (440lbs) and light bench (275lbs).

I am waking right around the 220lb mark right now. I’m going to try and water cut a few lbs just to be sure that I end up under 220lbs, but unfortunately I can’t weigh in until 2-4pm.

I have an exam to write for work from 9am-12pm, then drive about an hour to wait around for the 2pm weigh in. This means I have to remain conscious of the food/water I take in longer than I was hoping.

Anyone have a moderate cutting protocol that could work for an afternoon weigh in?

My thoughts for cutting:
Today (Tuesday): Drink lots of water (yeah, I’m not measuring the actual amount)
Wednesday: Drink lots of water.
Thursday: Drink lots of water until ~6pm (concert 8-11pm, floor tickets, I don’t really want to have to go to the bathroom multiple times during the show)
Friday: Sauna first thing before heading to exam (yay, hotel sauna). Fast (no food), sip small amounts of water so I don’t die ~12pm (end of exam), then have two hours to continue to dry up. Sushi after my weigh in…or maybe not, but I’ve been craving it for awhile…

4 Likes

LOL “light” Would be cool to say a 440 lb squat is light. Youll kill it man

3 Likes

Haha, that’s why I had to put it in quotations. 440lbs is definitely not a light weight, but just working up singles to 440lbs won’t really feel like work at this point when just two weeks ago I was hitting 5 sets of 520lbs x 1.
I appreciate it man, the squat is the lift that I’m currently the most confident in.

5 Likes

Jesus christ. I remember when I read you were 185lb and I though “we’re roughly the same size” lol… Noooooope.
You’re a tank

4 Likes