T Nation

Maple Syrup Strength (littlesleeper)

t-ransformation2017
powerlifting
t-ransformation2018
t-ransformation2019

Haha, all light-hearted jokes in here. Just some friendly banter between neighbOUrs.

This is unreadable. Is it Cyrillic?

Same! lol

Congrats on the sale of your house and getting to build a new one the way you want it! I think that’s a dream for most people.

If I win the state lottery and can build our dream home it would include:
for me: a big, commercial-equipped kitchen
for hubby: the ultimate man-cave, a large dog kennel, shooting range and acres & acres of property to be able to hunt and have as much distance from anyone else as possible
for the kids: a pool and hockey rink

Not too much to ask, is it?
:pray:

Thank you! We are currently a blend of excited and stressed about it, but I can’t wait for the end product. It will be our paradise!

Not at all, as long as you win that lottery!

I did grab the smooth portion up until a few weeks ago when I dropped 785 off blocks. Moved it out a hair to barely touch the knurling. I also noticed I wasnt squeezing the bar which may have been the true reason for the slip. I would get three fingers over my thumb and pull, now I squeeze before I start pulling. If I’m doing it correctly I will have diagonal bruises on my thumbs.

Thanks for noticing @BOTSLAYER and thanks for the comments @Vincepac1500 - I’ll give my hands a try out a little wider this weekend and see how it feels.

04/17
Back feeling fairly beat up still. I did a bunch of mobility work yesterday and spent some torture time with the lacrosse ball on my QL. Feeling a bit better today, but yesterday was bad.

Bunch of air squats, box jumps, bodyweight lunges and more to get the hips warm for squats.

Squats
135 x 10
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 2
405 x 10, 1, 1, 1, 1

Happy with this. It is kind of nice when you are make a plan and execute it. I went through my logs and hitting 405 for a set of 10 would be a rep PR so I figured I had one good set in me then I’d just work on form and hit some singles. Felt great. I think for today this did more for me than 5x5 a this weight would have…if my back let me accumulate that much volume.

Bench
135 x 10
185 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 1
295 x 6
295 x 3, 3, 3, 3

Meh, hit 275 for 10 on Sunday. Wasn’t feeling bad or weak, just not as good as I was on Sunday.

Bunch of band and suspension training rowing stuff throughout.

Some bench and deads from Sunday’s session and squats from today.

I’m so jealous of those squats. Smooth all the way through and no hip shift or drifting to one side or the other.

Thanks man! A lot of my workouts have been feeling pretty strong lately. Maybe that @BOTSLAYER guy knows what he is talking about after all.

Man those squats…quality

Hahaha Thank you but those Squats are all you bro, I had the same thoughts to Jmaier when I saw them.

I’ll just join the chorus Awesome Sleepy.
And the DL looked so easy too.
You’re just STRONG man.

@simo74 - Thanks, I think I have finally found a form that feels the most comfortable and strong. I think the increased frequency of squatting really allowed me to dial my form in.

@BOTSLAYER - I’m glad you and JM thought they looked smooth without any/much drifting because I was having issues with that when I wasn’t 100% confident in my knee. But looks like I’ve come back from that now which is great.

@mortdk - Thank you! I appreciate it, the deadlifts didn’t feel too difficult, but boy did I pay for them with back tightness over the next 2-3 days.

Some pictures of food, because we all love food.

Grass fed beef burgers with garlic, dill pickles and yellow mustard. Steamed mixed veggies, basmati rice with sweet thai sauce and orange slices.

Chateaubriand steak, roasted, roasting potatoes and chopped sesame Asian salad (Dole bagged salad kit).

Chicken breasts with salt and lemmon pepper, cooked bell pepper, sauteed onions and mushrooms and Minute Rice.

Also; soon to be unlimited eggs.

Who cooked all that yummy looking food?

That would be me! I’m the one that spends so much darn time reading about nutrition and wanting to try different meal plans and stuff so it makes sense for me to take over that job. Plus, it gets me out of folding laundry and cleaning the bathrooms, win!

Nice job :slight_smile:

04/19

Squat
135 x 10
225 x 5
275 x 3 Paused
315 x 3
375 x 3 x 5sets

I used today as a slight deload on the squat since I just squatted 2 days ago and wanted a little more in the tank for when weights start jumping again over the next two sessions.

SUPERSET
Ab Wheel
15, 15, 15

Incline DB Seal Rows
70lbs x 15, 15, 15

SUPERSET
DB Pullover
50lbs x 15, 15, 15

Lat Raises
30lbs x 15, 15, 15

Thanks to you my abs are incredibly sore today. Not had the ab wheel out in about a year, seen your standing roll outs and was inspired to try. I’m not in a good way…

Haha, whenever I go long periods without doing the ab roller it doesn’t seem to take much to roast my abs! Were you able to rock a couple from standing?

Ab Wheel Story-time!

Two weeks ago I was at a buddy’s place and he was showing off his new basement weight room. He was trying to coax me into lifting some of the things he had to see how strong I am. I declined, but I did see an ab wheel in the corner. So I walked over to it and did 2 standing ab wheels. 3 other guys walked over to try (all who casually workout, and would be stronger than your average Joe) and fell on their face and they couldn’t believe I could do one.

Then my buddy (the one who was trying to challenge me to lift something in the first place) walks over and does a standing ab wheel, seemingly effortlessly. “Never tried one of those, cool”. He has grown up/lives on a farm his entire life and is a competitive lumberjack. Needless to say, his core is strong as hell. I was impressed. He is ~6’3".

Your video made me pull it out again. I did 5. Abs have been sore since Monday. :sob: …that’s kneeling, btw.