Maple Syrup Strength (littlesleeper)

Awesome DL and not least the standing AB wheel :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love the shirt bud! Iā€™ve got one myself. I think it cost me about $200.

That a wheel you made look easy. Time for
Me to get one

1 Like

Thanks @mortdk!

Haha, yeah I have 2-3 white ones and 2-3 black ones. Plus ā€œfreeā€ shakers/body calipers/body measuring tape etcā€¦that was my go to supp supplier for awhile when that was the main site I went to for my programming and what not.

I really like the ab wheel, I havenā€™t found many movements that smoke the abs like these do. Also, cheap, simple, and smallā€¦the ab wheel, that is.

So where are your protein powders coming from now? When they have their sales I canā€™t find anyone cheaper. If I could I would easily be done. The reason I moved here was their pay to play move. I learned a ton there before they locked it behind the montly subscription wall.

When you pull Sumo are your hands on the smooth?

Also love the look back on your last Ab Rollout rep LOL ā€œeasy peasyā€

4 Likes

Wally World and Costco are where I usually get mine now.

Oh, Iā€™m not aware of this. I used to be on that bodyspace and load up programs into my calendar and stuff which was cool. Tracks everything right there on one platform. I never dabbled in the forums over there though. Then I stumbled on TNation and never looked back.

Yep, 99%. My pinky finger is JUST touching the knurling. If I go any wider than that my hands contact my thighs on the way up and I significantly increase my chance of losing my hook grip at the top.

Ya, haha Iā€™m a cheeky little fucker like that! It was harder than it looked. I didnā€™t a second set of 3 after that which did not look nearly as prettyā€¦

3 Likes

04/15

Bench
135 x 10
185 x 8
225 x 5
245 x 2
275 x 10 (felt smooth)
275 x 5 x 4sets

Bench is feeling pretty strong right now.

Deadlift
135 x 10c
225 x 5c
315 x 3c
365 x 1s, 1c
405 x 1c, 1s
455 x 1s
455 x 1s
465 x 1 x 3sets sumo (all singles <RPE5)
435 x 10 conventional

3 Rounds of:
15cals AirDyne: 1:09, 1:10, 46s
70lb DB Toes Elevated RDLs: 12, 12, 12

Slow paced workout since we are basically just stuck at the house today. Brutal freezing rain out there, most businesses have even closed up today. Good day to get a few things done around the house.

6 Likes

I kind of figured. You might want to ask about this in the PL forum see what some of the Sumo guys think. If you can keep your hands on the knurling with out those quads getting in the way that would be best obviously but if it cant be done it cant be done. Your grip will just have to be that much stronger.

Iā€™ve thought about adding tape to my bar (like I used to tape my baseball bat grips) for some traction. A smooth bar isnā€™t ideal for squats either.

2 Likes

That look back killed me haha seems a little arrogant for a Canadianā€¦but ā€¦

3 Likes

Canadians are the best, we are allowed to be arrogant.

3 Likes

Hell yea dude, thats awesome

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure @Vincepac1500 has a similar grip for his sumo, if I remember correctly (inside the smooth). Probably wouldnā€™t hurt to get a couple opinions on it though!

Iā€™ve thought about adding tape to my thumbs for some hook grip (which is legal in comps).

Haha, you cocky 'muricans must be rubbing off on me!

Lol, also this.

2 Likes

I carry tape for my hook grip sessions to help my skin. I do conventional so Iā€™m on the knurling.

Iā€™m not a competitor so I can do whatever I want LOL!

My cheap bar with center knurling has a max load of 300 lbs. My Rogue bar has no center knurling. Eventually Iā€™ll be squatting with that so the tape might be added.

1 Like

It stays interesting in here!

1 Like

Haha, all light-hearted jokes in here. Just some friendly banter between neighbOUrs.

This is unreadable. Is it Cyrillic?

2 Likes

Same! lol

Congrats on the sale of your house and getting to build a new one the way you want it! I think thatā€™s a dream for most people.

If I win the state lottery and can build our dream home it would include:
for me: a big, commercial-equipped kitchen
for hubby: the ultimate man-cave, a large dog kennel, shooting range and acres & acres of property to be able to hunt and have as much distance from anyone else as possible
for the kids: a pool and hockey rink

Not too much to ask, is it?
:pray:

3 Likes

Thank you! We are currently a blend of excited and stressed about it, but I canā€™t wait for the end product. It will be our paradise!

Not at all, as long as you win that lottery!

1 Like

I did grab the smooth portion up until a few weeks ago when I dropped 785 off blocks. Moved it out a hair to barely touch the knurling. I also noticed I wasnt squeezing the bar which may have been the true reason for the slip. I would get three fingers over my thumb and pull, now I squeeze before I start pulling. If Iā€™m doing it correctly I will have diagonal bruises on my thumbs.

3 Likes